Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Of Us 2 - now with protagonist-murdering trannies

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Those plot leaks. :positive:

What a bunch of edgy (((psychos))). I don't think this is gonna bomb, but the drama gonna be glorious. Don't have any mercy for Naughty Dog fans, it was very obvious it was SJW company with some concealing.

Imagine paying 60 bucks for this turd.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
cewoPYy.jpg

What a wonderful shit show this has blossomed into :happytrollboy:

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Uncharted 4 isn't worse than the previous games by a large margin especially when you get over the initial hurdle.

Are these 4chin posts always this wrong?

I can't really speak for the quality of any of the games, but some of the details mentioned, such as her leaving, followed by a delay, would at least suggest the possibility of some accuracy. Extensive rewrites are certainly one reason you might have to delay a game.

Regardless, it's out in the world now, and it's a lot more than ND have said

User was nabbed fit

Uncharted 4 isn't worse than the previous games by a large margin especially when you get over the initial hurdle.

Are these 4chin posts always this wrong?

It wasn't worse in gameplay, but you could tell it already got a lot more PROGRESSIVE. Super stronk women (more so than in the other games), toxic masculinity, men are all doodoo heads, etc.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Thank you to whichever employee leaked this.
He is probably enjoying it now more than if the game was released before. He already got paid anyway.

internet bits
he wasn't disgruntled over pay it was more of a heads up warning to the fans, apparently 70% of nd staff has left since 2016 and many of them because of the direction of this game, they have a big cancel culture at the studio and many felt to speak up and state this game would offend nearly all off its target audience would get them cancelled so to speak.

Is this some kind of cosmic rule nowadays? That all companies eventually have to become SJW-infected?

druckmann is suffering from TDS and he is also 100% SJW

Feminist Frequency’s Tropes vs. Women in Video Games series has become essential viewing for developers. The videos have been instrumental in affecting an industry-wide discussion about the representation of women in games. The series was influential in putting me on a path to create and write stronger, more complex female characters.– Neil Druckmann, Writer, Creative Director (The Last of Us, Uncharted 4) – Naughty Dog

JDR13

Arcane
He looks and sounds like a complete pussy.

If you look at the whole thread, he actually mentions that he didn't have it that bad. It was people in other roles who were being heavily overworked. I guess if you worked at a shitty place you'd just never mention it? Weird take.

Right, but I guess it doesn't seem strange to you that he's the only one speaking out about it?

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Right, but I guess it doesn't seem strange to you that he's the only one speaking out about it?

Well, he's explaining why he left. From his perspective.

Seems like if he was full of shit, his claims that the poor conditions drove off top talent would be very easily refuted.

Another thing to consider: It's not a good look to go after an ex employer like this. There could be a ton of people in the industry glad he said this, and in total agreement with him, who are understandably just keeping their heads down. On the other hand, if he's talking shit, you would only make an enemy of him by setting the record straight.

JDR13

Arcane
Seems like if he was full of shit, his claims that the poor conditions drove off top talent would be very easily refuted.

It's just that it's pretty amazing that not a single other person from that company has ever mentioned anything. Smells like exaggeration powered by butthurt.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
It's just that it's pretty amazing that not a single other person from that company has ever mentioned anything. Smells like exaggeration powered by butthurt.

Wouldn't ND management have loved to slap him the fuck down if he was lying? Didn't happen.

Also, there was just a huge leak by a disgruntled employee, motivated by pay disputes and/or terrible conditions. Maybe you heard about it?

JDR13

Arcane

There was just a huge leak by a disgruntled employee, motivated by pay disputes and/or terrible conditions. Maybe you heard about it?

Nope, but when you mention "motivated by pay disputes", that probably sheds a little more light on what's really going on. You can clearly see the butthurt in his tweet.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Really? How so?

You've assumed some sort of a grudge with this guy, who wasn't even complaining about his own situation so much as the general conditions of others, and the general state of ND as a company, and you're convinced that he's lying for seemingly no reason.

As for him being butthurt, again, his only complaint of his personal situation, was that the talent he wanted to work with had left the company, so he left too. Hardly unreasonable.

PrettyDeadman

He looks and sounds like a complete pussy.

If you look at the whole thread, he actually mentions that he didn't have it that bad. It was people in other roles who were being heavily overworked. I guess if you worked at a shitty place you'd just never mention it? Weird take.

Even if 0 guys were speaking out about this it would've been obvious just by looking at the decisions they made and their end product.

JDR13

Arcane
Really? How so?

You've assumed some sort of a grudge with this guy, who wasn't even complaining about his own situation so much as the general conditions of others, and the general state of ND as a company, and you're convinced that he's lying for seemingly no reason.

As for him being butthurt, again, his only complaint of his personal situation, was that the talent he wanted to work with had left the company, so he left too. Hardly unreasonable.

I like how you project there. Poking fun at someone doesn't mean you have a grudge. You should know that about these forums by now.

And yes, he's clearly disgruntled. Anyone who isn't blind can see that. Whether or not he's got legit reason to be is only something you can speculate about.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
There's no projection in my post. Given that there's no reason to doubt the guy, your determination that he's being dishonest suggests some kind of grudge, or general dislike of him for some unrelated reason.

And yes, he's clearly disgruntled.

Yes, he's calling them a shitty company to work for. He seems to justify it fairly well though. With no argument back from anyone at ND.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom