Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Of Us 2 - now with protagonist-murdering trannies

Generic-Giant-Spider

So my YT inbox blew up with this. I watched a few videos from your usual based channels, I've skimmed through this thread and I honestly don't know what the outrage is? I'm not even sure who is outraged? The SJWs or us?

Are we outraged because there are dykes in the game, which has been known since forever? They showed a video last year (or was is even two years ago?) with the Ellen Page character smooching some tomboy at a party or some such.Or what the fuck is this all about?

The heterosexuals dislike that the main guy from the last game got pwned by a tranny.

The fags are mad that Ellen Page and her in-game girlfriend got pwned by a tranny.

Jesus Hermando Christ is mad that his religion is being made to look villainous. He also dislikes the tranny.

And if you ever wanted to play as a golf club wielding revenge fueled tranny, then boy do I have the game for you.

Lambach

Arcane
VhD1CMH.png

(S)HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!

GewuerzKahn

Savant
Are we outraged because there are dykes in the game, which has been known since forever? They showed a video last year (or was is even two years ago?) with the Ellen Page character smooching some tomboy at a party or some such.Or what the fuck is this all about?
I guess people expected a lesbian coming of age story, but instead they get revenge/misery. Otherwise I don't get the outrage, too.

I really like The Last of Us and it seems this has been deliberately made as a fuck you to fans of the first game, the same way The Last Jedi was made as a fuck you to people who liked Star Wars.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Dexter

Arcane
The last of us Reddit community has gone under "indefinite quarantine". These fucking people, this is gold.
This one's better anyway: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheLastOfUs2/

Not sure how credible this site is, frankly it kinda looks like Clickbait to me, but there's that:
https://www.sausageroll.com.au/ente...ak-came-from-dev-that-hates-its-divisiveness/
The Last of Us 2 gameplay leak came from dev that hates its divisiveness

By Erina Rose
April 27, 2020

Plenty of spoiler ridden footage was leaked online by alleged disgruntled Naughty Dog employee.The Last of Us 2 leaked gameplay footage was supposedly released because they hate the political bias in the game.
Earlier this year Sony DMCA’d a post that alleged to contain the game’s entire plot and, if it was a legitimate leak, it proved to be extremely divisive with some of its far left leaning plot elements.

Troy Baker, the voice actor for Joel in The Last of Us series, later confirmed that the game was super polarising and it could not be thoroughly enjoyed with a closed mind.

“I want people to go in open-minded to this story, and allow Joel and Ellie to tell their story — not the story that people think that they want to be told… If people go in open-minded to this thing, I think they will have a completely different experience than if they go in close-minded,” Troy Baker told Fandom.

People took the leak with a grain of salt since, at that point, it was nothing more than hearsay. However, the recent The Last of Us Part 2 gameplay leak has pretty much confirmed some the original source’s claims which now makes us believe the The Last of Us Part 2 plot leak was, in fact, legitimate.

the-lgbtq-of-us-1024x576.jpg

Dev hates The Last of Us Part 2. Gameplay footage leak confirms strong LGBTQ themes.

An anonymous source linked to Naughty Dog Inc. reached out to us with the following message regarding The Last of Us 2 gameplay footage leak:

“I don’t doubt, even for a moment, that this leak came from the studio. The Last of Us Part 2 is very divisive and, as you can imagine, some of the team aren’t really thrilled to be working on the game.”

The source goes on to talk about how stale the work environment has been at Naughty Dog and how so many people have had to bite their tongues because ‘cancel culture’ is very much alive inside of the studio.

“Many people would agree with me that this has been one of the worst projects they’ve ever had to work on, and that’s not just because some people disagree with the plot. Even though some of the team members are Christians and don’t necessarily agree with the game’s ‘message’, they are also professionals and can put their personal politics aside to get the job done. What really sucks about all of this is the working environment.”

vlcsnap-2020-04-10-17h36m21s254-1024x576.png

Dev hates Last Us Part 2 and confirms plot alleging that villains are a homophobic Christian cult in gameplay footage leak.

“The team is very much divided on the game, and even voicing your concerns on its story will upset certain individuals; it usually results in said person being called closed-minded or even phobic, or some such nonsense. Some people literally have to bite their tongues or fear losing their jobs, even careers, to an outrage mob.”

Our source also alleged that the high turnover in staff is because of the reasons mentioned above. “What’s really sad is that nobody is allowed to talk about any of this. Many employees have left Naughty Dog because in-house politics and they are under a strict NDA and absolutely cannot discuss the studio’s ‘productions practices’ secrets. Oops!”

Naughty Dog Inc., has a turnover rate of 70% which skyrocketed around the time The Last of Us Part II went into production. Our source’s claims have been corroborated by a former Naughty Dog animator, Jonathon Cooper, who left them in early October last year.

BsI4PnUCUAAGY2e.jpg

Naught Dog dev team 2020 celebrate International Women’s Day and trans rights.

Jonathon Cooper alleged that Neil Druckmann would force employees to sign a very strict NDA upon leaving Naughty Dog or he’d withhold their final paycheck.

A source added: “It was primarily the senior team that left Naughty Dog and to assume that it’s because of ‘long working hours’ is laughable. Anybody that has ever worked in game development knows that this is crock of shit. Since I can remember, development has always been like this; get to work, chug coffee and don’t leave until you’ve completed the task that you’ve been assigned for the day. It’s a part of the fun. It’s a part of the lifestyle. What’s not fun is working in a toxic environment.”

The Last of Us Part II villains are allegedly homophobic Christians, so it is understandable that it would be very difficult for a Christian to work on the game.

Sony have not yet announced an officially release date for The Last of Us Part II and the game has been indefinitely delayed due to COVID-19.

If you don’t mind politically divisive — and seemingly very linear — games then we strongly recommend that you do your best to avoid any kind of spoilers, especially the The Last of Us Part II gameplay footage leak. If you don’t know what’s coming, you will definitely be shocked.

Still excited for the The Last of Us Part II? Will you be picking it up day 1 or will you be giving this game a hard pass? Let us know in the comments below.
https://www.sausageroll.com.au/ente...haracters-less-feminine-to-be-trans-friendly/
Naughty Dog made female characters less feminine to be trans friendly

By Dianne Anders
April 28, 2020

New screenshots reveal that all the female characters in The Last of Us Part II have been made to look more androgynous allegedly to not offend trans women.
Naughty Dog/Sony are currently having a terrible week after a disgruntled employee leaked the entire game online, especially considering that the majority of folk hate the direction the new writers took the story, and now they are facing heat for what they’ve done to the female characters.

The Last of Us Part II leaks are reported to come from a disgruntled Naughty Dog employee over a payment dispute. A source connected to the studio explained that, although they believe the leak came from an employee, it may be about a little more than a pay dispute.

“I don’t doubt, even for a moment, that this leak came from the studio. The Last of Us Part 2 is very divisive and, as you can imagine, some of the team aren’t really thrilled to be working on the game,” the source told Erina Rose moments after the gameplay footage leaked.

The leak confirmed some extremely divisive and partisan plot devices and now many former fans are washing their hands of what are describing is a ‘clear political agenda’ being pushed by Neil Druckmann and the new writers at Naughty Dog.

The_Last_of_Us_Part_2_New_Trailer_Has_Been_Shown_at_GameStop_Managers_Conference_Gaming_Instincts_TV_Article_Website_Youtube_Thumbnail-1024x576.jpg

Naughty Dog changes female characters. Yara and Len: androgynous Chinese brother and sister in The Last of Us Part II follow Abby, reportedly trans — not so friendly — hero..

Naughty Dog built their reputation upon the success of the Uncharted trilogy; one of the most critically acclaimed and fan loved gaming series of all time. The game owed a lot of its success due to Amy Hennig’s vision, direction and writing. Unfortunately Hennig was ‘forced out’ off Naughty Dog by Druckmann due to ‘creative disputes’.

Amy Hennig signed a strict NDA which barred her from discussing the real reason she was thrown out but that hasn’t stopped people from speculating that it might have for political reasons.

In an interview at the DICE summit in 2019 Amy Hennig confirmed that Nadine Ross was not in her version of Uncharted 4, and neither was the ambiguous relationship between her and Chloe Frazer.

The lesbian relationship between two female protagonists from Uncharted: The Lost Legacy wasn’t confirmed in the game, albeit strongly hinted at, but rather — in J.K. Rowling ‘after-the-fact’ fashion — in a Tweet from Naughty Dog in December, 2017.

It is also interesting to note that Amy Hennig’s departure from Naughty Dog happened shortly after the release of The Last of Us: Left Behind which featured the lesbian romance between two underage teen girls, Ellie and Riley (who are reportedly two of the main character’s in the upcoming HBO The Last of Us series).

These coincidences have lead people to believe that Hennig may not have entirely agreed with the whole ‘gender politics’ narrative and, ultimately, that was the reason she was fired.

the_last_of_us_part_2_who_is_abby_new_character_made_their_first_1544552.jpg

Naughty Dog make female characters trans friendly. Reportedly introduce Abby, a trans woman, in The Last of Us Part II.

The Naughty Dog source did confirm that the people who question the progressive narrative that Naughty Dog are injecting into their games are at high risk of losing their jobs:

“The team is very much divided on the game [The Last of Us Part II], and even voicing your concerns on its story will upset certain individuals; it usually results in said person being called closed-minded or even phobic, or some such nonsense. Some people literally have to bite their tongues or fear losing their jobs, even careers, to an outrage mob.”

It seems, though, that the inclusion of gay and lesbian characters in the last three Naughty Dog games was not enough to appease the activists who are reportedly working at Naughty Dog. The Last of Us Part II gameplay footage leak confirms that the plot has some extreme trans rights ideologies, too.

It’s hard to discuss this next part without touching upon some The Last of Us Part II spoilers, but I will try my best. So continue reading at your own discretion.

Naughty Dog introduces us to new characters in the The Last of Us Part II: Dina, Lev, Yara, and the recently ‘leaked’ Abby.

Dina, modelled after Cascina Caradonna, is Ellie’s love interest. Lev and Yara Asian minorities who are hunted by the big bad homophobic and racist Christian cult, and Abby is the leader of their little gang; and, according to 4chan leaks, she is also a tans woman.

g_L4BiQoqU6rIjtVYiCNTVXGGldhsShv5nhDQgAnwa0-1024x576.jpg

Ashley Johnson, Ellie from The Last of Us Part II, shows her cute feminine side.

This new gang is more diverse than the surrogate father and daughter cis gendered duo that Joel and Ellie are, and they will feature in the B-plot that will gradually work its way into Joel and Ellie’s story line which will result in a devastating ending that will shock and disappoint many fans of the original game, yet have the trans community celebrating.

That’s not all. The characters in The Last of Us Part II are designed in such a way to not make trans people feel uncomfortable. Every single new character introduced in the sequel does not have definitive feminine or masculine qualities.

Ellie and Dina, specifically, have been remodelled to look less feminine. It even seems as if they Ellie has completely changed since they first revealed her in The Last of Us Part II.

EWnyHC8XYAEyuJO-1024x552.jpg

Naughty Dog makes female characters trans friendly: Cascina Caradonna modelled for Dina In The Last of Us but was made to look less feminine.

We spoke to a seasoned artist who has worked as a character designer for several AAA games and he admitted that “this is the new norm.”

“It’s not really about the sexual objectification of women, ” he explained. “Women, like men, come in all shapes and sizes; to say that having big busty women is unrealistic is untrue.”

ellie-change-1024x576.jpg

962906234.jpg

BEFORE
the-last-of-us-part-2-ellie-1024x512.jpg

AFTER
Naughty Dog make Ellie trans friendly? Ellie was made less feminine throughout The Last of Us Part II development, possible because Abby is trans.

He added: “This is only true for trans people. A trans woman can’t naturally grow large breasts, and not all trans people can afford implants. If you see a game where the women are a little less curvy, it’s not to because the game designers are worried about receiving backlash for sexualising women, it’s because they are worried about offending the trans community.”

“From a design stand point, this is a really challenging problem. I’ve had many board meetings about how to tackle this. Trans people want ‘realistic’ representation in our games, but they feel excluded if they are represented as too masculine or too feminine. That’s why you will see a lot of designers ‘nerfing the female form’ so to speak so that the difference between trans women and cis women is a little less noticeable.”

That might explain exactly what happened to the cis female characters in The Last of Us Part II. This would ring true especially if one of the new protagonists is a trans woman because it would blur the line between cis and trans so people would perceive Abby simply as a female hero. It’s no secret that Naughty Dog are making the effort to be inclusive and progressive, this means they need to also be trans friendly.

Excited for the inclusion of Abby, who might be, a trans female hero in The Last of Us Part II? Let us know in the comments below (but be warned, their may be spoilers!).

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I guess people expected a lesbian coming of age story, but instead they get revenge/misery. Otherwise I don't get the outrage, too.

I really like The Last of Us and it seems this has been deliberately made as a fuck you to fans of the first game, the same way The Last Jedi was made as a fuck you to people who liked Star Wars.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Not sure what is so hard to get. Old characters get the golf club, while a tranny takes over the franchise. Ellie being a lesbian was already established in a DLC so I have no trouble with that. I can tolerate that one character is gay, I mean it's not impossible. But now the game have gone full modern LGBT+ in the fugging apocalypse.

Then we also have the fact that the game gets split in half.

I understand there is glee in something you don't like getting destroyed, but think if franchises could remain solid instead, it would be a much more interesting world with some worthwhile stuff to look forward to.

Last edited:

kangaxx

Arbiter

If they were going down this route with the story, why not just make the whole game from the POV of the revenge-seeker? Then the twist at the end is that you're hunting down Joel or whatever.

This split way feels very ham fisted.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
it seems this has been deliberately made as a fuck you to fans of the first game, the same way The Last Jedi was made as a fuck you to people who liked Star Wars.

Or ST: Picard is a fuck you to Trekkies.

It's all a fuck you to masculinity, whiteness, positive, wholesome male heroes (Joel, Luke, Picard). All that must be trampled, crushed, burned and sowed with salt.

Trying to imagine the depth of hatred that burns in the hearts of SJWs is like looking into a hellish abyss.

You get to play as a steroid abusing gorilla and kill characters of the previous game, because they were bad and killed her dad (not necessarily, because killing doctors is not mandatory at the end of the first game).

You get to play as her after she beats your old main character to death with golfclub.

Game is trying to say that dude who saved his 'kid' from a surgery that would kill her and had low probability of success, a surgery performed by a group of desperate terrorists trying to justify their existence to their government, before latter decides it's not worth keeping them and around annihilates them and gorilla roidraging about her dead dad are on the same plane of relatability and justification.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Apparentely Ellie doesn't die after that beatdown.
So here's the plot's summary:

mWgbu0f.png

HUMANS ARE TEH REAL MONSTERZ!!!
THE MAIN CHARACTERS FROM THE FIRST GAME WERE ACTUALLY THE BAD GUYS!!!!!
]

If this is true, then I am glad I was spoiled because it means I won't waste my money on the game. I really like The Last of Us and it seems this has been deliberately made as a fuck you to fans of the first game, the same way The Last Jedi was made as a fuck you to people who liked Star Wars.
I don't know if it is a "fuck you", but rather most American media writers just don't know how to write a compelling story post-2016. Instead, they rely on shock ("subverting expectations"), cardboard diversity characters, fangirl shipping, and Donald Trump. They try so hard to create a cutting-edge, post-modern story, that they end up creating the same sterile stories and characters. Star Wars, Stark Trek, Watchman TV series, Bioware, Obsidian, this game, etc.

More likely than not, the devs are just rich West Coast liberals with no grit or substance that want to "make their mark" on media.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Writing in movies has been going to shit since the 2000s. This past years we just reached levels of retardation that shouldn't be possible, but here we are.

Writing in games was always stupid though and often mostly pointless and the few times it's actually good it's only good as far as video games go. That said, i was never impressed by what i saw of the original Last of Us and it just looked like the typical writing you find in 'murrican TV shows. The concept itself is as generic as it gets. Middle aged father who lost his child ends up having to care for a little girl in zombie apocalypse or some shit. Wow, never saw that before.

Of course i'm biased since i have a friend who absolutely loves the game and he is the worst kind of retard. He thinks Skyrim is the greatest RPG ever made and has spend countless hours modding it and every time he shows it to me it still looks like shit lmao. Anyway yeah, if he likes it it can't be good.

The thing about these 'zombie' game/comic series is that they always devolve into cheap-shit-trash drama, because devs lack creativity and balls to move state of the world forwards and their projects remain in a permanent status quo state, like mainstream superhero comics. Also they never go in a direction differing from forced drama, where they kill off characters for shock value and replace them with another character that can be killed off in the same manner later.

How about we fast forward to the timepoint where society is kinda rebuilding and there is conflict between factions inside that society and we play as a character in one the factions?
(Dying Light 2 will be about this, of all series).

How about we focus on the Zombie thingy itself, it's not hard to write a decent piece around exploring nature of this fungus infection?
How it works in different parts of the world, etc? New characters, new setting, kinda different tone? Nah.

Nah, just churn out lazy ass drama, kill some characters off, put others in their place and throw some surface level retarded-ass moral on top (Killing has consequences, cycles of vengeance ya see?) and do it worse than most similar stories at that (Nier, Spec Ops, MGS).

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
"Look, I'm writing mature and realistic fiction. In times of struggle everyone is a violent egoist sadist committing grotesque murders 24/365, and I'm gonna describe them in detail to create shock. Everything is ugly and hopeless in the World!"

Walking Dead, Game of Thrones,etc. Poison for people spirits and minds written by low status disgusting men.

GewuerzKahn

Savant
Are there new leaked videos? I didn't see that in any video.

I understand there is glee in something you don't like getting destroyed, but think if franchises could remain solid instead, it would be a much more interesting world with some worthwhile stuff to look forward to.
No, I just kinda like if a creator gives his fans the finger.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom