Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Nathir

Liturgist
Am I the only one bothered how not-Vikings and not-Russians are mixed into 1 faction? It just doesn't work.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Kinda funny to imagine they form a giant ring and soldiers have to step in one at the time to duke it out.

Nathir

Liturgist

Zanzoken

Arcane
Anyway, my current run proves conclusively that setting up a multi-party army beats having individual caravans running around the map.

unknown.png

Wait I'm confused. How are your clan parties pulling in regular income if they're just part of your army?

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
I'm earning a lot more coin now from the 3 party army setup.
Turns out with 3 clan parties combined, we get more prisoners ransomed and loot sold as well.

I usually drag my prisoners around until I can recruit and replenish my army. My stewardship is high where they aren't likely to escape. Am I better off just ransoming them?

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've started leading seperate groups around and I'm a little confused about something. I kind of assumed they were just all eating from my supply, but then I got a message saying I'd shared my food with starving members of another group. Or something like that.

Do I need to equip my follwers with food to feed their troops?

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron
I'm earning a lot more coin now from the 3 party army setup.
Turns out with 3 clan parties combined, we get more prisoners ransomed and loot sold as well.

I usually drag my prisoners around until I can recruit and replenish my army. My stewardship is high where they aren't likely to escape. Am I better off just ransoming them?
No. Just buy some workshops and caravans and get some fiefs and you'll be drowning in cash. Income from prisoners is trivial.

I've started leading seperate groups around and I'm a little confused about something. I kind of assumed they were just all eating from my supply, but then I got a message saying I'd shared my food with starving members of another group. Or something like that.

Do I need to equip my follwers with food to feed their troops?
When they're in your army and run out of food you share you supplies automatically, that's the starving message. If you let them go they'll buy supplies on their own.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

Do I need to equip my followers with food to feed their troops?

When they are first created, they will be without supply and cash.
But eventually, after they accumulate enough money from ransoming their prisoners or selling off their loot, they will purchase food automatically upon entering any settlement and start giving back all the extra money back to you.

Ruchy

Scholar
So I just realised I can refill cohesion by +10 at will making the resource functionally useless. Is this correct or is it possibly my high leadership? Bug or feature?

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron
It goes down over time, possibly in proportion to the number of lords or size of the army. When it gets to zero the army goes poof.
Yeah you just need to remember to click it like some perverse Travian like mechanic. It probably exists mostly so AI armies will break up after a while since they don't seem to ever refill it.

Ruchy

Scholar
It goes down over time, possibly in proportion to the number of lords or size of the army. When it gets to zero the army goes poof.
Yeah you just need to remember to click it like some perverse Travian like mechanic. It probably exists mostly so AI armies will break up after a while since they don't seem to ever refill it.
Possibly the case but a crude solution if true.

Zanzoken

Arcane
I am pretty sure large armies do drain Cohesion much more quickly, but you can always spend Influence to refill the meter ad infinitum. That's a problem because:

(a) You gain Influence for winning battles, so it contributes to a positive feedback loop a.k.a. snowballing.
(b) Once you have a few fiefs and the Council of the Commons policy then Influence accrues very quickly for free, and as far as I know there is no limit to how much you can save up.
(c) If you're faced with an enemy army in the field, all you have to do is avoid it long enough for it to dissolve, at which point you can divide and conquer.

So yeah, unless you're trying to ROFLstomp the entire map in one shot, Cohesion isn't really an issue.

Ruchy

Scholar
I am pretty sure large armies do drain Cohesion much more quickly, but you can always spend Influence to refill the meter ad infinitum. That's a problem because:

(a) You gain Influence for winning battles, so it contributes to a positive feedback loop a.k.a. snowballing.
(b) Once you have a few fiefs and the Council of the Commons policy then Influence accrues very quickly for free, and as far as I know there is no limit to how much you can save up.
(c) If you're faced with an enemy army in the field, all you have to do is avoid it long enough for it to dissolve, at which point you can divide and conquer.

So yeah, unless you're trying to ROFLstomp the entire map in one shot, Cohesion isn't really an issue.

This goes back to my original question though because currently it doesn't cost me any influence to increase cohesion. I want to know why.

Zanzoken

Arcane
Is your army solely comprised of parties from your own clan? If so then you can increase Cohesion with zero Influence cost, which I believe is by design.

But if you have AI lords in your army then I am pretty sure it should cost Influence to refill Cohesion. I don't know of any perk or ability to counteract this, so if it's not happening in your game then my guess is it's a bug.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom