Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is cyberpunk 2077 going to be good

Duralux for Durabux

EA thought DA2 was the perfect successor to DA1 because they could slap it together in a year, and make a quick cashgrab buck.
Whatever your opinion on this game, CDPR are not slapping it together for a quick buck, it will at the very least be the product of a lot of labor. DA2 is a terrible analogy for this game.
Please don't start with the mentality "EA BAD CDPR GOOD BECAUSE THEY WORK MORE", they are both publishers that care about money first and consumers afterward.
Moreover, I don't care if the development of CB2077 will take 99999 years, if the game will be shit then there will be no more to expect. Oh and Planetscape Torment was made in a year and the game is awesome so don't bring this excuse because you have to protect CDPR.
Also did you notice that they put a compass (that will serve as a quest compast ofc) in CP2077? MMmmm I smell incline from here.
Can't wait to complete tons of quests that require 5 to none IQ to complete because of how much this game will hand-hold you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
I believe in them. I think one more AAA game with some soul. I think the next one after this will be full corporate by then, too infiltrated then, right now they're probably at 50%-75% infected.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
EA thought DA2 was the perfect successor to DA1 because they could slap it together in a year, and make a quick cashgrab buck.
Whatever your opinion on this game, CDPR are not slapping it together for a quick buck, it will at the very least be the product of a lot of labor. DA2 is a terrible analogy for this game.
Please don't start with the mentality "EA BAD CDPR GOOD BECAUSE THEY WORK MORE", they are both publishers that care about money first and consumers afterward.
Moreover, I don't care if the development of CB2077 will take 99999 years, if the game will be shit then there will be no more to expect. Oh and Planetscape Torment was made in a year and the game is awesome so don't bring this excuse because you have to protect CDPR.
Also did you notice that they put a compass (that will serve as a quest compast ofc) in CP2077? MMmmm I smell incline from here.
Can't wait to complete tons of quests that require 5 to none IQ to complete because of how much this game will hand-hold you.

Obviously they both want to make money but if you think EA and CDPR have equal disdain for their consumer you're beyond help.
TW3 had a quest compass too.

JDR13

Arcane
Who cares if there's a quest compass as long as you can turn it off? All that stuff was completely optional in TW3, and I assume it will be optional in CP2077 as well.

somewhatgiggly

Scholar
No.

I don't get the damn hype around this game.

You're in a typical cyberpunk setting made real - that's probably one of the only good things I can say about it. Night City is the Cyberpunk city made manifest and if you're into Cyberpunk then that must be amazing.

But that's just it. I'm not that into Cyberpunk. I'll be old and maybe dead by 2077 at the ripe old age of 82; but anyway. What are we even doing in the game? Just living in this city? Even GTA has a sparse plot. What's gonna happen? Are we dealing with a corporation with megaubersocialdisparity drugs? Want to clean it up? Leave? Do all the above? Eh. What is this game doing, other than making the most 'cyberpunky' city so far in vidya?

Duralux for Durabux

Obviously they both want to make money but if you think EA and CDPR have equal disdain for their consumer you're beyond help.
EA and CDPR have equal disdain for their consumer yes. You are stupid if you think the opposite. For both of them you are just a number in a chart nothing more.
Who cares if there's a quest compass as long as you can turn it off? All that stuff was completely optional in TW3, and I assume it will be optional in CP2077 as well.
Didn't know that I can turn all of that shit off in TW3. However in CP2077, I hope quests will not rely on the quest compass.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
EA and CDPR have equal disdain for their consumer yes. You are stupid if you think the opposite. For both of them you are just a number in a chart nothing more.
Come back when CDPR has 2077 lootboxes. I'm not saying they're my close personal friends but it's a matter of degree.

Duralux for Durabux

Come back when CDPR has 2077 lootboxes. I'm not saying they're my close personal friends but it's a matter of degree.
CD Projekt RED has already dabbled in microtransactions with Gwent: The Witcher Card Game which was a spin-off of The Witcher 3.
They already put microtransactions in a game.
Don't worry they will arrive in the online component of CP2077.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-online-multiplayer-success/amp/
Even if it will be only cosmetics, it's still microtransactions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who cares if there's a quest compass as long as you can turn it off?
Nope. Quests designed with compass in mind are usually awful without it. Instead of creating a path of clues and logical conclusions (this takes time and brainz to do) devs just put your objective somewhere and point to it.
I played through Witcher 3 without in-game GPS, it works fine. Most of the content doesn't suffer from turning it off, it gets better even.

frajaq

Erudite
Also playing a new game is madness. Every game nowadays needs about a year for patches and another year for some interesting mods. Play everything 2 years late and get a much better experience.

This is very true and something I should probably do, but I know myself and I will probably buy this game if I can run it at release

However the coronavirus crisis here in Brazil is fucking everything up plus expensive computer parts, even if I wanted to upgrade my PC, so it seems fate wants me to wait a bit on this game. I'll just have to try hard to avoid getting spoiled so it doesnt ruin my experience.

JDR13

Arcane
Who cares if there's a quest compass as long as you can turn it off?
Nope. Quests designed with compass in mind are usually awful without it. Instead of creating a path of clues and logical conclusions (this takes time and brainz to do) devs just put your objective somewhere and point to it.
I played through Witcher 3 without in-game GPS, it works fine. Most of the content doesn't suffer from turning it off, it gets better even.

This ^. I played the entire game without the mini-map, and there were only a handful of times I had any trouble finding something. The markers on the main map suffice as long as you have the patience to look for things yourself.

somewhatgiggly

Scholar

This game IS NOT GTA.

Maybe you should try playing an RPG game sometime, it will be like that.

I didn't say it's GTA. I said GTA has a sparse plot, and I can't discern wtf is happening this game. Maybe you do? Explain. All I see from the gameplay video is a open world city with driving. Reminds me, of, well now it does compare more to GTA or that Dogs game or w/e.

I play RPGs, then I see this and it's far from anything I played. This ain't no Icewind Dale or TOEE or Fallout 1 or somesuch. What, there are quests with multiple options? Upgrades on the char? Congrats on getting the basics right, CD? Is this what RPGs are nowadays?

Nothing about this is popping out at me to justify the years of hype.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
The newest trailer is here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=ixl31324UxE&app=desktop

Its very "dorito and soda" type of trailer, like we want to appeal to the cool 15-16 year old kiddos[the reddit "keanu wholesome" demographics and all that jazz]. I hope there is something for more mature audience, and the game will cover, or at least touch some novel and important topics that can arise with dystopian society. I don't want it to be a washed out, politically correct GTAV worse clone. GTAV at least had some gags, caricatures and made fun of some of the contemporary culture, there was at least some effort on social commentary. Cyberpunk 2077 will be very shallow game if its only mindless gameplay. With current graphical possibilities, you can't excuse that you couldn't put something on "paper"[in this scenario in the game plot] because it can't be done by game engine. IF the game sucks whether its story wise or pacing, or anything else, its because your story and pacing sucks.

Duralux for Durabux

The newest trailer is here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=ixl31324UxE&app=desktop

Its very "dorito and soda" type of trailer, like we want to appeal to the cool 15-16 year old kiddos[the reddit "keanu wholesome" demographics and all that jazz]. I hope there is something for more mature audience, and the game will cover, or at least touch some novel and important topics that can arise with dystopian society. I don't want it to be a washed out, politically correct GTAV worse clone. GTAV at least had some gags, caricatures and made fun of some of the contemporary culture, there was at least some effort on social commentary. Cyberpunk 2077 will be very shallow game if its only mindless gameplay. With current graphical possibilities, you can't excuse that you couldn't put something on "paper"[in this scenario in the game plot] because it can't be done by game engine. IF the game sucks whether its story wise or pacing, or anything else, its because your story and pacing sucks.
*Sigh* The overhype for this future trash will be beyond everyone's expectations. Like Skyrim back them.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I believe in them. I think one more AAA game with some soul. I think the next one after this will be full corporate by then, too infiltrated then, right now they're probably at 50%-75% infected.

By the capitalization on the GPW[the polish stock market] they have a BIG dependency on stockholders. So expect pedal to the metal and full popamole. The stock prices went to the moon few months ago...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom