Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Ain't just you, the game lags like crazy, I think it's because of the thinking phase.

Has anyone gotten past the mimics or the goblin arena? Neither one seems possible.

Mortmal

Arcane
So was anyone able to play for a good amount of time or is it in a bug-ridden limbo? How does it stack up to KotC? More of the same or ... well more "polished"?
It's bug ridden indeed , but at the same time considerably better than kotc , most complex and deep rpg ever released.

Mortmal

Arcane
Ain't just you, the game lags like crazy, I think it's because of the thinking phase.

Has anyone gotten past the mimics or the goblin arena? Neither one seems possible.
Read my post above...

Mortmal

Arcane
Also while i am still here i dont find the feat for mantis to dual wield oversized weapons, it seems its not in the game.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Also while i am still here i dont find the feat for mantis to dual wield oversized weapons, it seems its not in the game.

It's there, you'll need a level 6 fighter, just tested with the level up sysytem

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Bugs are to be expected in a very complex game; Grimoire didn't take forever for nothing. Of course I hope it'll be in a good state ASAP.

I imagine it's a reality you can't properly test a game on many hardware platforms when it's this niche; you'd need to find some testers and a small dev cannot afford to pay them.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'll probably just wait for the steam release, it presumably will have benefited from a few patches by then.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Bugs are to be expected in a very complex game; Grimoire didn't take forever for nothing. Of course I hope it'll be in a good state ASAP.

I imagine it's a reality you can't properly test a game on many hardware platforms when it's this niche; you'd need to find some testers and a small dev cannot afford to pay them.

I would have done it for free. I played 10 minutes after character creation and already found 5 different bugs

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
It is a good thing that the game is not on steam because it would get a lot of negative ratings on its current state - don't get me wrong the game is pure incline and a lot of fun, I really love that it's difficult. But it has early access written all over it.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
I had some really weird stuff happen, like when I first started I only had one party member while technically everyone was there. Also had money vanish on me with quick save and load, bugged save had no playtime or save number on it. Mage armor seems to crash the game period, in combat or out of combat, I think you can set it to autocast though to bypass the problem, but healing outside of combat crashes the game too.

Editor seems easy enough, I full expect someone to recreate the Tomb of Horrors, of course if the future modules are anything like this one ToH is going to look like a summer camp.

getter77

Augur
I'm sure Pierre will get things sorted on the starting and early game growing pains in due course---odds are the mid-endgame considerations and systems wound up in a better place for the order of development compared back to the beginning given how long simmering the project has been. Especially after all the logistical dust on KS and whatnot has settled over the next few-several days to where he can just focus in on the troubled and not-quite-baked spots.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I am sitting here, reading your posts. I want to experience all the bugs and crashes. Feel the anger and the despair that you guys feel.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Can't finish one of the battles. It crashes every time. Nowhere else I can go at the moment, except to this one automatic battle, so I guess that's that. Watching my mantis gladiator cut down one guy after another with her 4 attacks plus Great Cleave (free at level 1) is nice. Having an armor class of 24 at level 2 is kinda nuts. Even flanked, she hardly ever gets hit. She needs a combat bark that says, "they've got me surrounded again, the poor bastards."

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
:what:

How is something that looks like this 600 mb? Knights of the Chalice was 8.
Sounds + Music + Voice folders together are already 568 MB in the installed game. And since audio does not compress nicely without loss of the quality I guess all of this together takes up a huge piece of 692 MB installer.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Sounds + Music + Voice folders together are already 568 MB in the installed game. And since audio does not compress nicely without loss of the quality I guess all of this together takes up a huge part of 692 MB installer.
FFS Pierre use mp3s or oggs, no one's going to notice

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Sounds + Music + Voice folders together are already 568 MB in the installed game. And since audio does not compress nicely without loss of the quality I guess all of this together takes up a huge part of 692 MB installer.
FFS Pierre use mp3s or oggs, no one's going to notice
Can't blame a man for the lack of resolve to downgrade his wife's (?) voice. So all speech is in .wav.
Music is in .ogg but 3-5 min pieces weighting 10-15 MB kinda suspicious. Probably packed in .ogg almost lossless.

bataille

Arcane
I have a hunch that the game requires some ancient and outdated libraries to function properly. I doubt Pierre would release a broken game after a month of pretending it was perfectly fine. It's more likely that he's never tested it on anything other than his weird-ass biopunk PC from hell.

The Red Knight

Erudite
Some other files:

110 MB of PSD map examples (including an 80 MB village example)
~130 MB of map images (both modular pieces and ready maps - a lot of that is a few 10-30 MB files in the AoC module)
100+ MB of song-length .wav tracks for stuff like tavern ambience, that seem to be duplicates of smaller .ogg files in the music folder (either unnecessary redundancy or some engine quirk that limits when .ogg playback can be triggered?)
~30 MB sprites
~20 MB tokens
~20 MB item icons
12 MB KotC2.exe
5 MB Creatures.cml data file

Images are .png files.

Mortmal

Arcane
Is it possible to win the huge fight with yanos instead of being sent to sewers ? Difficulty is absurd there.Trying to do it , only way to get some success is to roll better initiative and use the confusion scroll, but thats not nearly enough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom