Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting - coming Fall 2024

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Mainstream sites like Gamespot have less comments than Codex has pages. Pretty much tells you how good was the CGI trailer LOL

2house2fly

Magister
My guess is they meant, "Is a crown worth the weight of an oath", but are semiliterate.
my guess is "is it ok to break an oath if by breaking it you advance the power of Woedica" ie if you were to weigh the two things on scales, would the oath or the crown weigh more symbolizing its greater value. "The monster we created" is the consequences of the empire breaking its oath by eg creating robot soldiers or something

Not sure why everyone is assuming that it's going to be a TES competitor. I doubt Microsoft is going to dump the amount of money needed to make such a project on Obsidian. It's likely going to be of a much smaller game, like TOW. Probably be closer to something like Arx Fatalis in scale. Anyway, it's just another fantasy RPG. I have no further interest in this. I'll keep my eye out for all the juicy butthurt that always follows an Obsidian release, but that's as far as my interest here goes.
MCA said they were making a Skyrim like game during the May of Rage. Therefore it is prudent to assume that based on the fact the game looks, talks, and shits like Skyrim. It is indeed trying to ape Skyrim. Just like Outer Worlds was still marketed and positioned as a competitor to Fallout despite having a fraction of the budget.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So, what about that big statue with a dog, in the trailer? Pretty sure its a fan service.

RepHope

Savant
So Parker is directing this? God I hope Jones is on the project too. Can’t explain why but reading about Avellone talking about how Parker and Jones fucking hated each other and were constantly insulting each other made me so happy.

That this is Parker’s baby, Parker whom Avellone names as being the guy sent to clean up utter dumpsterfires into barely passable games, tells me a lot about how Obsidian views the Pillars IP. No wonder Sawyer is so depressed.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
I don't get why they're just doing some lame reveal trailer. Is this supposed to be impressive? This isn't some team that only does a game every 5 or 10 years, this is Obsidian. There's nothing here beyond, I guess the setting and that its probably inspired by Skyrim.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Geee another garbage game coming out in 2021. It is amazing how much big budget trash is going to get dumped during that year. Goty battle will be quite the thing tho

Can't wait for Todd to announce his skyrim in space and biowaste to shit out "dragon age:gasping wheelchair mages".

That said i am hyped for stalker 2.

Last edited:

Tenebris

Scholar
I don't get why they're just doing some lame reveal trailer. Is this supposed to be impressive? This isn't some team that only does a game every 5 or 10 years, this is Obsidian. There's nothing here beyond, I guess the setting and that its probably inspired by Skyrim.
Maybe they'll give us more wallpapers with quotes and people will somehow be convinced it's another Obsidian Fallout game again.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

To generate more HYPE for their Outer Worlds and Grounded announcements. Again it's similar to Bethesda's early announcement of TES6 in an otherwise boring year for them. "HEY WE'RE MAKING A SKYRIM and btw plz buy our games that are actually coming out soon."

Geee another garbage game coming out 2021.

I think this might be a 2022 game.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It depends on microsoft marketing strategy. If it is anything like outer farts one,it should come out in the first half of 21. Still judging by the trailer,i must agree with you,it looks like very early concept stage....like anthem. The whole trailer looks like something they put out because they had to put something out. It is vague and lack any direction,it looks like apeing from nu pathfinder,like undeads,fallen kingdom,sieges etc etc. On top of that it looked like a VR game.

Codex Year of the Donut
- name is utter shit, seems like Sawyer invented the title

d3f881ab0bc2d551b73ec9ba0b7561fa.png
wow it might actually be good

Generic-Giant-Spider

To butter Sawyer up to the whole project, it is said Feargus left various copies of Skyrim around bike trails that Josh would frequent.

It is said Sawyer bitched so much that he actually became a grandmother, hence his current look in 2020.

Arulan

Cipher
I'm excited to see Eora explored further. I think Obsidian at least has a chance to make a compelling immersive-sim open-world RPG.

The trailer didn't really say much beyond the bare minimum of what type of RPG this is, but I suspect it's still pretty early in development.

Quillon

Arcane
So, what about that big statue with a dog, in the trailer? Pretty sure its a fan service.

galawain has 2 wolves at his feet, stark kings has statues with direwolves at their feet in their crypt :P tis pretty common I guess

I like the trailer. You just need to use a little bit of imagination to understand its true meaning. Imagine the arrow that is flying through the clouds to have a phallic shape, the clouds to represent New Vegas and Mask of the Betrayer, and on the other side, a bent over Obsidian fan of years past, vigorously stretching his butt cheeks apart.

Tigranes

Arcane
should have been a spinoff game about Eder they could have called it Eder Scrolls

A Skyrim clone where you are Eder and every time you fall off a mountain or walk into a spike trap your character just shakes his head and makes a self-own joke

Hell, the entire plot can be Eder going around looking for his lost brother, yea high, middle aged fellow, have you seen him

jf8350143

Liturgist

To generate more HYPE for their Outer Worlds and Grounded announcements. Again it's similar to Bethesda's early announcement of TES6 in an otherwise boring year for them. "HEY WE'RE MAKING A SKYRIM and btw plz buy our games that are actually coming out soon."

Geee another garbage game coming out 2021.

The game comes out at Xbox 1 as well. I think 2022, two years after the release of xbox x, is a little late for a cross-gen game.

2021 sounds more reasonable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom