Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Something that's cool in Deus Ex, that I've never seen anyone remark, is that you have to work for your preferred ending. It's not enough to say "I want the Tracer Tong ending" and you push a button. If you aren't good enough at the game to complete your preferred ending's objectives in Area 51, you might have to settle for another one. This influences any philosophical or ethical conundrum you might have regarding the choice, and it's appropriate to the rest of the game. You want to keep Paul or Jock alive? Then play the game better.

By comparison, Human Revolution just gives you two buttons and tells you to press one of them. The quest "That Lucky Old Sun" from New Vegas falls into the same trap. You get to the top of HELIOS One and decide where to direct the power, the end. In essence, it's a separation of narrative from gameplay, which should be verboten in the RPG genre.

You mean Ludonarrative dissonance?

:smug:

Anyway, I follow SNES drunk. I don't really consider his opinion/critique all that important nor do I actually agree with him necessarily, but I like that he covers a huge amount of old games and provides simple commentary in his pleasant voice.

A couple of nice JRPG videos.

ekrolo2

Learned
Conspiracies are bad if they don't align with his politics. Now, if Deus Ex whined about how everything from gender to who gets hired was molded and controlled by decades of secret manipulation to keep everyone but straight white men down, he'd stuck it off harder than a whore in proximity to a rich guy.

I still think his Witcher 3 video was even worse.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ideas are harmful.
Angry white men.

Yeah, he is a typical cuck. From what I remember he goes hard on gamergate in another video. Certified
fedora.png

Also boring.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Conspiracies are bad if they don't align with his politics. Now, if Deus Ex whined about how everything from gender to who gets hired was molded and controlled by decades of secret manipulation to keep everyone but straight white men down, he'd stuck it off harder than a whore in proximity to a rich guy.

I still think his Witcher 3 video was even worse.

Sounds like Deus Ex MD&HR, combined with popamole gameplay. Playing them put Invisible Wars in better light.

A horse of course

5 hours of retelling a game story.

I have a high tolerance for longwinded "game analysis" videos like Indigo Gaming (and a few others, that I quit after their analyses became increasingly woke) but I noped the fuck out of his first Witcher video when he started sperging about the grammatical value of the word "Witcher" from 3:30 and rambled on for several minutes until I quit and unsubbed.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
5 hours. Damn :lol:

Yeah, I'll listen to it. In chunks, while doing other things.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

Call of Cthulu is together with Vampyr in the current humble bundle for 12$. Both have gotten rather middle of the road reviews, but for about 5€ I think it's worth the price.

Yeah, JA is one of the better wannabe intellectual gaming youtubers, but he really doesn't know how to keep himself short. Still makes for a decent podcast experience if put on while doing something else.

A horse of course

Call of Cthulu is together with Vampyr in the current humble bundle for 12$. Both have gotten rather middle of the road reviews, but for about 5€ I think it's worth the price.

Yeah, JA is one of the better wannabe intellectual gaming youtubers, but he really doesn't know how to keep himself short. Still makes for a decent podcast experience if put on while doing something else.

I played the pirated version of CoC for a few hours and quit. Very mediocre stealth system, investigative mechanics are absolutely braindead, and puzzles are boring as hell. The story seemed tiresome and predictable, as well. I wasn't a fan of DCoTE either though.

7h30n

Augur
Too bad his reviews are shiiiieeeet. But I'm still subscribed to him as he's one of the rare people reviewing various FPS games. :negative:

7h30n

Augur
I'm sure a lot of the Codex would hate him because he's generally positive about things, but I think his scripts are pretty well written, the odd bit of forced toilet humor aside.

Oh, I don't dislike him because he's positive, I mean that's a good thing. It's just that his reviews are often shallow and poorly reasearched (if it comes to older titles). I guess I was spoiled by some other youtubers...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom