Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magic the Gathering Arena

Was there any info about how this shit works?
637345786800448752.png

Looks like a split card that's also a land.
228e551e-023a-4c9a-8f32-58dae6ffdf7f.jpg

It's a single color tapland that you can instead play as a spell. Decent enough idea but I'm not too thrilled about the spell since it's a fucking tapland.
Speaking of which, their new dual lands are untapped flip lands and you pick which color it is when you play it. Bretty gud. Unfortunately they're just "Land" though so you don't get the benefits of a basic land type.

Damn. The Dovin avatar is on sale but it's a piddly discount. He was the only one that might tempt me off of Fblthp (Or more accurately a goblin would win, but no gobbos yet) but the discount's so low I'm considering not spending two boosters worth of gold on him.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I am drunkenly winning brawl games with Sarkahn the Masterless as my Commander. It's a dragon deck. And surprisingly effective. Hell yeah. TASTE DRAGON FIRE BITCHES

Generic-Giant-Spider

Imagine buying those hyper gay avatars when the best one (Liliana) is unlocked by default.

historic brawl is upon us!

also, a lot of mythic lands in new set but with weird symbol... are we getting those in arena?
Time for the unbridled creativity historic brawl lays open to me and play simic ramp with the 2/2 dweeb as my commander so I can play a meteor golem on turn 3! :bounce:

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
I'd like to have just one damn game of magic where I can cast gishath and not have it get countered or insta removal'd or not have all of my fucking mana dorks get board wiped on turn 4 please
i'm a simple man I just wanna see my dinosaurs go RAWWWWWWWR just once please
none of these brawl tryhards want to let me have fun :'(

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
meh if it cost 2 it'd be good but cultivate and uro are both better in the 3 slot and idk if they really want 12 3cmc cards in that deck
now once the uro ban goes through then we can talk

in other news neutralize card style on sale today! now I only need THREE more card styles (rider borrower and blue castle) to have a fully pimped out dimir control deck hell yea that'll be my first fully pimped deck

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
Scale the heights is just a shitty Explore. Why would a ramp deck want a +1/+1 counter and 2 life?

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Any opinions on the new fliplands in this thread already?
PeUd3LS.png

I honestly think they are as good, if not stronger than shocklands. You lose the land type, and the ability to have them on the board as a dual, but you get perfect untapped mana from hand without any cost. I am kinda pissed about it, I really enjoyed that preview standard 21 format because mana was so slow after the super fast shockjland standard.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
Wow those are some interesting lands. I mean they are automagically superior to basic lands. Hard to say if you'd prefer shocklands without knowing what else is in a deck but provisionally they are better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom