Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Is GD worth paying for?

Absinthe

Arcane
They represent themselves, while claiming to represent everyone they think should be on their side, as always.

"SJWs" don't exist anymore, since their views became mainstream.
honkhonk.png

puur prutswerk

Magister
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I don't think that's true, I think it's more that after a while there's only so much to be said about games, especially since so few good RPGs are released now.
weirdos who were trying to recruit others off-site to come use the Codex as a vector to promote and spread their pet ideologies (yes, this actually happened).
Oh my God that is horrible.

Are there any measures in place to prevent something like this ever happening again? What are those measures? I dread to think of what would happen if some nefarious character were to abuse this prestigious website to further their own insidious agenda.

Asking for a friend.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I don't think that's true, I think it's more that after a while there's only so much to be said about games, especially since so few good RPGs are released now.
weirdos who were trying to recruit others off-site to come use the Codex as a vector to promote and spread their pet ideologies (yes, this actually happened).
Oh my God that is horrible.

Are there any measures in place to prevent something like this ever happening again? What are those measures? I dread to think of what would happen if some nefarious character were to abuse this prestigious website to further their own insidious agenda.

Asking for a friend.
Spam-rate me with 7-7-7. That's going to solve everything.

prengle

Savant
well think of it this way: if you pay $10 or whatever for the sole purpose of telling people online that israel is fat and gay and ugly and that you would not have sex with it, you're no better than a goon (even if your money isn't going to lowtax, assuming he's still getting sa $$$) and that alone should be enough to keep you awake at night

the cleve sirtech penisaurus thread is probably worth the price of admission alone tho, so

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Yes, as a sort of bootcamp to prepare yourself for weirdos irl, it could be worth paying for.

But you will pay a price in your opinion on humanity. Nowaydays, if some self-regarding moron yells his political nonsense at me irl, I just cut it off. 10 years ago I would have tried to reason.

Something Else

Educated
They represent themselves, while claiming to represent everyone they think should be on their side, as always.
Everyone does that, but they are the major force on the left, just as similar idiots are the major force on the right, so they might not represent everyone but they are what they are.

Absinthe

Arcane
They're just loud and active. Normal people aren't really into acting out and grabbing attention on headlines or whatever, so it's not surprising you notice them less.

Something Else

Educated
They're just loud and active. Normal people aren't really into acting out and grabbing attention on headlines or whatever, so it's not surprising you notice them less.
Normal people always obey loud people, that's what they do. They may just want to make a living, raise a family and be left alone but when fuckers come stomping they do as they say. SJWs, commies, fascists, liberals, it's all the same. What SJWs have perfected is the process of turning normal people into loud assholes and enemies of humanity that don't care for the things normal people do.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

Is it possible to retroactively donate to previous campaigns? I'd like to collect more tags under my profile. Also, why don't the 2019 and 2020 campaigns have tags associated with them?

Absinthe

Arcane
Normal people always obey loud people, that's what they do. They may just want to make a living, raise a family and be left alone but when fuckers come stomping they do as they say.
Actually, when loud people come stomping, your average person usually just wants them to go away. Good cause, bad cause, pressing issue that needs addressing, random bullshit some idiot got worked up about, they don't give a shit. It's a ruckus and they don't want it. And far left types tend to hate these people because they view them as entitled suburbanites who want to cry about oppression and treat virtue signalling loudly as social activism but refuse to do anything actually productive or even inform themselves on the issues they supposedly care so much about. Then you have old-school civil rights supporters who don't like them because they're subverting civil rights like free speech and due process with cancel culture bullshit.

So there are loads of people on the left who are not really spoken for by SJWs. Honestly I think the whole left vs right crap is largely bullshit factionalism.

SJWs, commies, fascists, liberals, it's all the same. What SJWs have perfected is the process of turning normal people into loud assholes and enemies of humanity that don't care for the things normal people do.
What SJWs have perfected most is the art of making people feel like it's not worth the trouble to tell them off, honestly. Criticize a SJW and you get SJWs on your ass trying to get you fired and destroy your social life and other bullshit.

Last edited:

carole kind

Prospernaut
Codex Year of the Donut
you make an act out of the silent majority that has a voice while forgetting that they are easily manipulated, while thinking that they are the enemy
most people are rational beings who are not swayed to right wing beliefs, they are a minority.
alot of normal people dont know alot what's going on anyway

Shitposter
GD started as a p2p network for sharing abandonware torrents that were no longer available commercially. in 2009, GD began to incorporate social media functions and grew quite popular with fans of anime and internet culture.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom