Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Too bad they changed the Valentino gang. They where pick up artists focused on cum and dumping chicks. And they made it into a regular mexican gang , guess they didn't want to trigger the danger hairs.

Last edited:

Semiurge

Cipher
EXCUSE ME, AS THE LOCAL STREET GANG SENSITIVITY CONSULTANT I TAKE ISSUE WITH SUCH CLAIMS THAT THE VOODOO BOYS ARE NOT, QUOTE, "GOOD BOYS" THAT ARE IN THE PROCESS OF, QUOTE, "TURNING THEIR LIFE AROUND."

PLEASE DELETE THIS MALARKY OR ELSE.

Wouldn't be surprised if they turn out to be the subversive white-hat "heroes" of the story.

DeepOcean

Arcane
To bad they changed the Valentino gang. They where pick up artists focused on cum and dumping chicks. And they made it into a regular mexican gang , guess they didn't want to trigger the danger hairs.
"CDPR reinforce the racist stereotype of the latino lover and promote misogeny!", Kotaku would only need to remove the references to other companies on their standard template article and replace them with CDPR.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Moxes confirms Jolyne Cujoh hairstyle

i know what my char gonna look now

8332131_20200217084016.jpg

Zer0wing

Cipher
If you have any proof of bought reviews, I will be glad to see it. I don't accept Tales From the Ass as proof though.
Buying advertisments is called marketing.
The fact that our mainstream journos who praise mainstream popamole now praise KCD for opposite reasons and suddenly love realism and historical settings is enough to me. Notice that I only talk about our infospace.

Paul_cz

Arcane
The fact that our mainstream journos who praise mainstream popamole now praise KCD for opposite reasons and suddenly love realism and historical settings is enough to me. Notice that I only talk about our infospace.
Tale From the Ass it is. I really doubt anyone would bother paying off russian journos, people can like more than one thing at a time.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Speaking only for myself: it wasn't worth it when the only realistic way to get it was a stupidly expensive 2080Ti and there were only a handful of games that used it to any effect. But it is worth it for me now. It'll be worth it for most gamers who even give a shit about graphics in another year or two, tops. And of course it'll never be worth it for the most monocled of Codexians who refuse to play anything more recent than Fallout.
All the 20xx generation cards support RTX. In theory. Not only 2080Ti.

Apparently some of the gangs have been repurposed. The Valentinos were originally a PUA gang (lol): https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Valentinos

But it's all authorized by Pondsmith so what are you gonna do.
Cringe stuff. The change is for the better imo.

Most games that aren't 5 hour shooters are way too fucking long. Witcher 3 is filled with bloat and endless "open world" that is largely barren except for randomized loot and copy and paste monsters. Quality over fucking quantity, anyone saying otherwise has nothing else to do with their life and I pity them.
Maybe I just like long games then. I've played through witcher 3 twice, doing all the secondary content, and can't complain. I enjoy substituting a tv series for Witcher 3 or RDR2 where I can do a mission in 30-40 mins and return tomorrow. I only play in 3+ hour sessions the first week or two.

The PS5 and XBX will support it. That's as mainstream as it gets.
There is a caveat here, in many console games this generation the support will be at a token level, just so they can use it for marketing. But this will change too in good time. I expect PS5 Pro to really stabilize the fact that RTX is now mainstream.

D-o6ebxW4AEd9hF.jpg

For those that can't load the image:

And yes, it is indeed female.

When I first saw her I though the same - an SJW landwhale will teach us about diversity and fighting the patriarchy. However, she has gotten fat after she has recovered from cancer, and in interviews is quite a normal sane person.

Harthwain

Magister
Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't sandboxes/open world games liked/praised in general?

racofer

Thread Incliner
The most important question is: when will retards on this forum learn that you have to upload your images to hosting services instead of directly linking them from whoknowswhere.com that never works?

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
The most important question is: when will retards on this forum learn that you have to upload your images to hosting services instead of directly linking them from whoknowswhere.com that never works?
Seriously. Please use catbox or something. I have social media tracking blocked so I can never see the images when people link directly to images hosted on Twitter

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Tech boomers come out of the woodwork when there's only
Code:
[IMG]
in their posts.

The thing about it being shorter is this: Witcher 3 had god awful pacing issues. A lot of that was down to the entire plot for the game leaking and CDProjekt delaying the game so they could rejigger elements. They mostly pulled it off but you could see they were stretching out a 20 hour campaign into a 50 hour one. There was so much padding. So many awful fetch quests and backtracking, especially once you reached Novigrad.

So for Cyberpunk 2077 I hope this means a shorter, leaner campaign with more meaningful C&C and less padding. But I suspect that delaying and no doubt restructuring the game multiple times over the years will result in an uneven experience that lacks real identity. So you're getting less for more essentially. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm just speculating. I hope I'm wrong for sure. But every single video and announcement for Cyberpunk decreases my hype by small increments. Like raising taxes for the 99% over 40 years. It happened imperceptibly over time. But now I've thought about it I can't stop thinking about it. I would've been happy with a Deus Ex clone with multiple ways to use your cybernetics, guns, gadgets and diplomacy to solve missions but I also suspect that all the campaign content will be highly linear, and feature only one right way of doing things.
I think the main problem with this game is the marketing.
They sat on night time footage and screenshots for a really long time, almost exclusively posting stuff that resembled GTA 5, because they obviously want to grab as many GTA normies as possible. They also keep showing irrelevant shit in the same vein.

Just try to imagine if the marketing department wasn't stretching their (lacking) campaign out so much and wasn't trying to appeal to GTA normies all the time. Shit is getting on my nerves at this point. It's the biggest source of content behind all the anti-CDPR/CP77 shitposting and they don't know, because the entire department is tone-deaf and focused on aping Rockstar (which makes commercially successful but soulless games).
It's mostly the marketing making this game look bad, putting ideas in peoples heads and hiding things that actually make the game look good.
Thank God we only have 2 more months to go because this is becoming untenable to follow

Naraya

Arcane
Let's not forget the real campaign hasn't started yet. In the investor chat a few pages back they clearly said that they are going to launch the full scale marketing campaign "closer to the release".

cpmartins

Cipher
Has anyone seen anything about the Inventory/Loot system? I know there's going to be lootable crates on some locations, but I literally heard nothing about how the inventory or the armor system works. Will there even be an armor/damage reduction system?

Takamori

Learned
The thing about it being shorter is this: Witcher 3 had god awful pacing issues. A lot of that was down to the entire plot for the game leaking and CDProjekt delaying the game so they could rejigger elements. They mostly pulled it off but you could see they were stretching out a 20 hour campaign into a 50 hour one. There was so much padding. So many awful fetch quests and backtracking, especially once you reached Novigrad.

So for Cyberpunk 2077 I hope this means a shorter, leaner campaign with more meaningful C&C and less padding. But I suspect that delaying and no doubt restructuring the game multiple times over the years will result in an uneven experience that lacks real identity. So you're getting less for more essentially. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm just speculating. I hope I'm wrong for sure. But every single video and announcement for Cyberpunk decreases my hype by small increments. Like raising taxes for the 99% over 40 years. It happened imperceptibly over time. But now I've thought about it I can't stop thinking about it. I would've been happy with a Deus Ex clone with multiple ways to use your cybernetics, guns, gadgets and diplomacy to solve missions but I also suspect that all the campaign content will be highly linear, and feature only one right way of doing things.
I think the main problem with this game is the marketing.
They sat on night time footage and screenshots for a really long time, almost exclusively posting stuff that resembled GTA 5, because they obviously want to grab as many GTA normies as possible. They also keep showing irrelevant shit in the same vein.

Just try to imagine if the marketing department wasn't stretching their (lacking) campaign out so much and wasn't trying to appeal to GTA normies all the time. Shit is getting on my nerves at this point. It's the biggest source of content behind all the anti-CDPR/CP77 shitposting and they don't know, because the entire department is tone-deaf and focused on aping Rockstar (which makes commercially successful but soulless games).
It's mostly the marketing making this game look bad, putting ideas in peoples heads and hiding things that actually make the game look good.
Thank God we only have 2 more months to go because this is becoming untenable to follow

Definitely they will grab the GTA5 Multiplayer Scene with 2077, with all their planning in MP and Microtransactions. And Rockstar is not doing well with their internal organization, lost some key staff recently. If anything RDR2 online is suffering to put some sort of content, they can't manage to milk it like GTA5

Old Hans

Arcane
Has anyone seen anything about the Inventory/Loot system? I know there's going to be lootable crates on some locations, but I literally heard nothing about how the inventory or the armor system works. Will there even be an armor/damage reduction system?
I doubt even cdprojeckt figured out that stuff yet. If Witcher 3 is anything to go by, they probably tell each other "oh that's just last minute crap"

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Y'know, edgyness aside I try to see the bright side of this model:
Is she hot? Nah. Waifu material? God no.
But she gives me a tomboy butch lesbian vibe who spent most of her life punching people for asking her "are you a boy or a girl lol?", which works well for an action role. And nobody has to be afraid of becoming gay playing her, that's a plus. :hahano:
Also, if you were playing as a pretty waifu princess, people would probably be hesitant to slap mods in her face. With her? Slap away Judy! :salute:

But who the fuck would want that figurine on his desk? :?

Codex Year of the Donut
can't wait for the "all women in the future have half their head shaved" meme to die, it's the ugliest possible haircut a woman can get while still having hair
it's like those noserings they get, do women not realize how ugly they are?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom