Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The PS5 and Xbox 2 thread - it's happening

Mortmal

Arcane
What are the killer apps , the games everyone absolutely want and justify getting a PS5 or xbox S day one ? I read nothing about them at all...

A Remake, of course!
Demon souls , i still have it on PS3 and playable...Hardware look great , and cheap compare to pc but i dont remember such a let down for a release line up.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Think its a bit amazing that there are ppl confused about about a discounted console and upcoming one.

How come none of these dumbasses never gets confused when buying a new phone its beyond me.
Tex. Iphone. There are X, XS, XR, 11, 11 Pro models and they all look the same and all up for sale.
Everyone of these fuckers know exactly what iPhone version to buy but choosing between a 3 year old console and a new one is all confusing.
Kill yourself.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Think its a bit amazing that there are ppl confused about about a discounted console and upcoming one.

How come none of these dumbasses never gets confused when buying a new phone its beyond me.
Tex. Iphone. There are X, XS, XR, 11, 11 Pro models and they all look the same and all up for sale.
Everyone of these fuckers know exactly what iPhone version to buy but choosing between a 3 year old console and a new one is all confusing.
Kill yourself.

Because to them the iPhone is an adult tool that helps them live a better life, whereas a console is a toy for children.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron

Kill yourself.

Because to them the iPhone is an adult tool that helps them live a better life, whereas a console is a toy for children.
Googling average age of console players reveals the number is 31.
This children narrative maybe worked in 90's but its mostly the adults buying and playing consoles besides maybe Nintendos. Kids are mostly hooked on mobile games and social media.

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron

Kill yourself.

This children narrative maybe worked in 90's but its mostly the adults buying and playing consoles besides maybe Nintendos. Kids are mostly hooked on mobile games and social media.

My son, who has a switch, but mainly plays minecraft and roblox, but also CK2 and warthunder, anyway he's most interested in having a PC and is getting my current PC for his birthday on saturday. Consoles don't seem to interest him at all, because consoles don't have discord.

MapMan

Arcane
If I had to say from the top of my head which xbox is the newest I wouldn't know either. Is it the xbox one s or xbox one x? I don't even know what the proper names are, never bothered. The retarded naming is clearly hurting their brand, why they insist on continuing such retarded naming scheme is beyond me. Just call the new xbox: xbox 3 or 4 or whatever and then continue off of that.

MapMan

Arcane
If I had to say from the top of my head which xbox is the newest I wouldn't know either. Is it the xbox one s or xbox one x? I don't even know what the proper names are, never bothered. The retarded naming is clearly hurting their brand, why they insist on continuing such retarded naming scheme is beyond me. Just call the new xbox: xbox 3 or 4 or whatever and then continue off of that.
Ok, I googled it and it's even worse than I thought:
Xbox; Xbox 360; Xbox One; Xbox One S; Xbox One X; Xbox Series S; Xbox Series X;
Jesus fuck.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron

Kill yourself.

My son, who has a switch, but mainly plays minecraft and roblox, but also CK2 and warthunder, anyway he's most interested in having a PC and is getting my current PC for his birthday on saturday. Consoles don't seem to interest him at all, because consoles don't have discord.
That also supports my point.
Even my kids are PC centric and playing on phones while Im the one using the consoles the most.

Kids dont give a fuck, what percentage of 12 year olds were begging their parents to buy them that new tranny murder simulator Last of Us 2?
Its adults that buy them and adults that play them. Little Jimmy is busy trolling discord channels and derping in CS GO.
Buying the new X or PS5 "for your kid" is a big fucking bag of bullshit.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
That was the last innovation worth of interest xbox had, even if its disapointing.They never launched any killer app as usual , not that there is any on the new consoles either.

imagine ur neurosurgeon using a Kinect on u LOL

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom