Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
They should really just do away with mods that make maps completely impossible for certain builds. More challenging/harder yes, impossible no.

IIRC, Chris said a while back that they do this on purpose to stimulate the map trading economy, though considering they've now said their goal is to make map sustain much easier without trading, it seems quite counter productive.

abija

Prophet
The irony being that on death effects have zero impact on zoom zoom builds as they are so far ahead by the time the on death effect hits.
Zoom zoom, kill boss, get out of boss room, die from what was left there before you got in. GGG are targeting the true zoomers.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I remember seeing a thread about it, but it was like 2 years ago, maybe it was wrong.
That makes sense. Back then Slayer/Elementalist still had a different wording, i.e. Elementalist had "50% reduced reflected damage taken" and then you got to 100% by using Sybils or getting chest affix+running Yugul pantheon. Ever since they changed Slayer/Elementalist to say "Cannot take reflected damage" you're always immune to it, while just having 100% reduced reflected damage taken is easily counter-acted by any type of increased damage taken, like Sextant mods, using Abyssus, being cursed with Vulnerablity or simply standing on shocked ground or getting shocked.

Sykar

Arcane
you cant die from reflect if you can't hit yourself

1m06z4.jpg

Just let your minions die!
:happytrollboy:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Almost month passed since the league started and exalts are around 60c. What happened?
At first I though they were price fixers so I started trading with all my chaos in the stash... but then made few succesful deals and now I'm confused.

Made a lot of contracts with not a single ex dropped. And maybe with 1-3 crashes?
Made random contracts and surprise - exalt drop.
Few seconds later - crash.
Like a clockwork. :hahano:

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
They banned a lot of bots.
It's actually crazy how well they seem to be doing on that end. It's certainly helped by having Delirium be a Zana mod at 16c, which takes out a lot of currency. Properly juiced youre getting your currency back just in Splinters already (I'm averaging ~90 splinters per map, which is ~20c by themselves) and you get a shitton of cluster jewels, elder bases for exalt shard recipe and a variety of other loot.

Overall the league has been fairly bad for a lot of reasons, but the fact that they seemingly managed to keep bots out of the economy outside of trading-bots is a godsend and saved the league for me.

Gerrard

Arcane
I think what the kids say in cases like these is "poggers".

screenshot-0152.jpg

There's only 13 listed on trade right now.

Gerrard

Arcane
So you bought all your gear and now the game is too easy? How could that have happened.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
It's more about showcasing the ridiculous levels of scaling you can get on aura-stackers, despite GGGs attempts at nerfing it the last 7 or so leagues. It's getting to the point where every league just boils down to getting a cheap starter like TR, stacking up currency, buy Shavs and a bunch of aura jewels, and suddenly youre invincible and chain-run t17 100% delirious fractured maps with 100mil DPS and 500k EHP despite only having 6k ES.

Lukifell

Educated
I loved this game. But as you get higher level, gameplay really comes down to, "press a single button over and over and kill tons of stuff". Did it change since I last played or is it still like that?

Perkel

Arcane
I loved this game. But as you get higher level, gameplay really comes down to, "press a single button over and over and kill tons of stuff". Did it change since I last played or is it still like that?

Still like this. Until their change their viewpoint of speed and monster pack size it can't be "fixed"

Gerrard

Arcane
They just keep adding dumb shit like the Void Sphere skill (10 second cooldown r00fles) that doesn't fit in the current game at all.
I think they themselves bought the "PoE2 will fix everything" talk.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
the leagues every 3 months and piling up standard is part of the problem.
Playing standard and then complaining about the stale and bad economy seems like shooting yourself in the foot and complaining it hurts.

Not to mention that it is very optimistic to think GGG will reset standard when PoE2 rolls around.

Unless you mean "piling up" different mechanics, in which case I agree. The feature bloat is real and it feels like they're scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas at this point.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
the leagues every 3 months and piling up standard is part of the problem.
Playing standard and then complaining about the stale and bad economy seems like shooting yourself in the foot and complaining it hurts.

Not to mention that it is very optimistic to think GGG will reset standard when PoE2 rolls around.

Unless you mean "piling up" different mechanics, in which case I agree. The feature bloat is real and it feels like they're scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas at this point.

Yep. Standard is a testing ground for builds at this point.

Also yep, no guarantee they'll reset Standard when POE2 hits. Remember that POE2 is really just a big client upgrade with two different storylines you can play. The endgame merges into one regardless of which flavour of the game you play.

The POE2 moniker is really misleading.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom