Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Wiki hasn't been updated check new skill gems, slam is the skill you want to have the most of in zombies so if you had zombies as support maybe give it a go and experiment.

Gerrard

Arcane
Welp, they "fixed" the league by giving in to the crybabies on the forums and reddit and the league is an absolute joke now. 3-5 follower items per Heist, opening all chests and not even close to hitting full alert, and that is with triggering alert traps and mostly lvl 3-4 rogues and equipment. Absolute loot pinata now. Fucking retarded whining.
Making guards not give alert on death was a good move, but they should have compensated by making chests give more. Game balancing is teh hard
Shouldn't have made the mechanics balanced around players having upgrades, because people went in, saw that the mechanic are fucking awful, and went "Well, this league sucks, see you next one".

yNNI7Rs.png

Look at this shit, I had 20% alert after just killing the enemies that were in that first section that's less than 20% of the map.

Absinthe

Arcane
Alternate Quality 3 on Spark (40% of Lightning Damage Converted to Chaos Damage) screams for a comeback of the Voltaxic Rift 100% chaos Spark builds. Flame Blast Alternate Quality 1 (40% of Fire Damage Converted to Chaos Damage & 20% chance to poison) screams for a comeback of 100% chaos conversion flameblasts. Crackling Lance Alternate Quality 1 (20% of Lightning Damage Converted to Chaos Damage) can also be used for 100% chaos conversion if you manage to raise its quality by another 20% (like using Enhance level 3). Added Chaos Damage's Alternate Quality 2 (Supported Skills have 20% of Physical Damage Converted to Chaos Damage) also enables more 100% chaos conversion builds. Cobra Lash, Venom Gyre, and Viper Strike with just Added Chaos Damage and a Lightbane Raiment become 100% phys to chaos attacks, which will probably do a lot to incentivize Bloodseeker instant leech builds.

Looks like 100% chaos conversion is making a comeback.

Renfri

Cipher
I tried to play POE again, to continue my Cyclone Impale Berserker, but there still hasn't been fix for constant disconnects that is making doing anything besides trading impossible. :negative:

Sykar

Arcane
Rebuild my old WI CI Elementalist and now throwing out big dick meteors on my unfortunate victims. Sadly I am not that satisfied yet with my ES leech. I got all but one minor 0.2% leech node passive and ES leech support gem on my Firerain meteor but it still feels somewhat lackluster. I do have immediate access to ZO and GR is 2 points away. I can utilize ZO via Sulphur Flask and 1% from Shaper notable. Would those help out enough with leech?

Mind you due to the huge rebuild most of my gear is somewhat suboptimal for a meteor elemental crit build. I am even tempted to get rid of Heart of Flame because I get huge chunk of added lighting damage from my Arcane Cloak and Sigil of Power which bump my current paltry 4500 damage to almost 8k damage. 5 nodes I can spend on more elemental damage nodes instead for example.

None of my gear is annointed either.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Rebuild my old WI CI Elementalist and now throwing out big dick meteors on my unfortunate victims. Sadly I am not that satisfied yet with my ES leech. I got all but one minor 0.2% leech node passive and ES leech support gem on my Firerain meteor but it still feels somewhat lackluster. I do have immediate access to ZO and GR is 2 points away. I can utilize ZO via Sulphur Flask and 1% from Shaper notable. Would those help out enough with leech?
Do you know how leech works? Most of the time, if your dps is good, even 0.2% leech is enough to hit the default leech cap. ES leech by default caps at 10% of your total/s (at least according to wiki).

Sykar

Arcane
Do you know how leech works? Most of the time, if your dps is good, even 0.2% leech is enough to hit the default leech cap. ES leech by default caps at 10% of your total/s (at least according to wiki).

Really? I sit at 4.3% leech atm did I overdo it? Was thinking about getting even more. Sounds like Ghost Reaver would be a really good investment then. The damage is not very high since most of my skills and supports are around 10-16 atm and no quality since I just bought them. Luckily low tier maps are still doable with low level skills.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Really? I sit at 4.3% leech atm did I overdo it? Was thinking about getting even more. Sounds like Ghost Reaver would be a really good investment then. The damage is not very high since most of my skills and supports are around 10-16 atm and no quality since I just bought them. Luckily low tier maps are still doable with low level skills.
I mean, if you have 10k ES, you'd cap leech (single target) with 1000=0.043*x -> 24k dps. If your dps is actually that low, your problem isn't leech, it is low dps.

Sykar

Arcane

I mean, if you have 10k ES, you'd cap leech (single target) with 1000=0.043*x -> 24k dps. If your dps is actually that low, your problem isn't leech, it is low dps.

I would not know my DPS since I only see damage per hit.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Mouse over your main skill slot - it will show you DPS.

If you want your real DPS, though, the Path of Building Community Fork is your friend.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

If you want your real DPS, though, the Path of Building Community Fork is your friend.

Frustratingly the Path of Building original dev now works at GGG and refuses to relinquish the project. It causes endless confusion as people still download the original out of date POB.

Typical modder/game dev I guess.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Frustratingly the Path of Building original dev now works at GGG and refuses to relinquish the project. It causes endless confusion as people still download the original out of date POB.
Afaik when he originally got hired there was some implication it would let him make PoB better since he had access to the internals of how things in the game worked.

It's a good thing the project was always open source.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Afaik when he originally got hired there was some implication it would let him make PoB better since he had access to the internals of how things in the game worked.

It's a good thing the project was always open source.

Knowing GGG they would probably refuse to let him make anything more accurate based on internal knowledge.

They've always been very guarded about the exact science of various game mechanics, hence why they've always refused to implement anything as simple as a combat log.

Unfortunately for them, they underestimate how autistic the POE community is.

Sykar

Arcane

Well Firestorm has become somewhat of a mess in terms of DPS calculations since the tooltip only shows the "normal" damage of the rain. The meteor gets additional 150% damage. Furthermore I am using Cascade and Unleash so I do not think that the shown average damage is reliable.
Also crap ton of short term buffs.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
poe numbers bloat on new content never stops to amaze me.

Was doing some green contract, was standing in the middle of crow of zombies, 2 golems, 9 skellies and vaal skellies. Zombies also taunt. Suddenly I just dropped dead. Mind you that I wasnt entering any door or anything like that. 6k life pool and nice block chance.

Other day I saw both of my golems die. 50k hp each per skill info. within 2s or so

Guess you weren't fast enough. Didnt you know that you're supposed to speed clear maps in half a minute now?

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
poe numbers bloat on new content never stops to amaze me.

Was doing some green contract, was standing in the middle of crow of zombies, 2 golems, 9 skellies and vaal skellies. Zombies also taunt. Suddenly I just dropped dead. Mind you that I wasnt entering any door or anything like that. 6k life pool and nice block chance.

Other day I saw both of my golems die. 50k hp each per skill info. within 2s or so

Guess you weren't fast enough. Didnt you know that you're supposed to speed clear maps in half a minute now?
im talking heist after alarm sounds, where on occasion you must stop running and clear immediate danger before next wave from behind the door hits

Doesn't really matter if it's maps or heists though, since the speed clear meta is the main problem why you get so massive damage and hitpoint numbers from mobs. The "either you or I die in one millisecond"-mentality is what completely killed any sort of enjoyment I had from this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom