Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Doesn't really matter if it's maps or heists though, since the speed clear meta is the main problem why you get so massive damage and hitpoint numbers from mobs. The "either you or I die in one millisecond"-mentality is what completely killed any sort of enjoyment I had from this game.
It is arguably even worse. In delirium league they justified all the on hit / immortal suicide bombers with "well we had to make some content that could interact with people who clear screens in the blink of an eye".

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Doesn't really matter if it's maps or heists though, since the speed clear meta is the main problem why you get so massive damage and hitpoint numbers from mobs. The "either you or I die in one millisecond"-mentality is what completely killed any sort of enjoyment I had from this game.
It is arguably even worse. In delirium league they justified all the on hit / immortal suicide bombers with "well we had to make some content that could interact with people who clear screens in the blink of an eye".

The irony being that on death effects have zero impact on zoom zoom builds as they are so far ahead by the time the on death effect hits.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So...
I read a thread on Reddit that mana reserve causing FPS problems and deleting auras from skill bar after activating them solves most of that problem.
What do you know that worked like a charm and my game is top notch again with 70+ fps O_o
WTF?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
So...
I read a thread on Reddit that mana reserve causing FPS problems and deleting auras from skill bar after activating them solves most of that problem.
What do you know that worked like a charm and my game is top notch again with 70+ fps O_o
WTF?

I wonder if that applies if you have auras on the ctrl-skillbar. I don't usually keep them on the regular skill bar.

Also typical GGG style issue.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Say, what do you guys think a low life Shavs need in terms of Chaos res? Is just keeping Amethyst flask up enough?

Shavs + Eye of Chayula is nice set.
Lot of chaos res, stun immunity and life converted to ES
And you can go even further with Divine Flesh

Sykar

Arcane
Say, what do you guys think a low life Shavs need in terms of Chaos res? Is just keeping Amethyst flask up enough?

Shavs + Eye of Chayula is nice set.
Lot of chaos res, stun immunity and life converted to ES
And you can go even further with Divine Flesh

Need Astramentis, basically core item. I can sacrifice a curse and Doedre ring for chaos res. Any good unique rings for that or are rares better? Also got Brine King so cannot be stun locked so there so Interruption is rarely a problem. Being able to teleport while channeling without interrupting the channel helps thanks to Frostblink.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
So heists have been garbage for the past week? Why do they do this? The top players can just run deliriums to get head hunters I really don't get it.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Got a bunch of Stacked Decks, they're like 1.2c on the market.
Why not unpack that crap on fresh conqueror's corpse?
074CC417DC9EC4372051B98162D23600C28DC5C4

only 4ex, I'll wait for price to go up

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So heists have been garbage for the past week? Why do they do this? The top players can just run deliriums to get head hunters I really don't get it.
Yeah, they nerfed the drops from the non-special chests so hard. For a while heists were ridiculously op, now they give 0 xp and very little loot.

Sykar

Arcane
Died recently because I thought 85% ele reflect reduction is sufficient for ele reflect map when I was almost at 91. Guess I deserve this lovely achievment:
c14.jpg

Glad I am not playing hardcore.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
This league is actually my first time in maps with a character that isn't reflect immune. I picked up a bad habit of not paying attention to map mods (esp in low-mid tier maps), opened a mesa cast a spell, instantly died.
"WTF? I have no idea what killed me. I guess I got really unlucky with crits and blocks on those random shots?" Returned to map, same thing happened again.
"What the hell?" Then third time I went into map I looked at the mods and saw that it was reflect, dumped that shit.

I also learned that one of the map bosses on the racecourse map will sometimes randomly turn on reflect for a few seconds, had a real fun time dying twice to that as well. Those tiny yellow spikes under its model are hard to see even by GGG standards.

I'm also struggling really hard to get the last conqueror batch done, those t13+ maps are just so rare. Not sure I can even beat sirius on a 5 link either, might have to grind up a tabula.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Got a bunch of Stacked Decks, they're like 1.2c on the market.
Why not unpack that crap on fresh conqueror's corpse?
074CC417DC9EC4372051B98162D23600C28DC5C4

only 4ex, I'll wait for price to go up

Stacked decks are always fun. Not had anything REALLY valuable from them this league, but I've had a few saint's treasures and other neat cards.

Saying that I can't complain, I got a queen's sacrifice prophecy on the 2nd week. Useful since my Golemancer has cost 34 ex so far to get equipped.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Those tiny yellow spikes under its model are hard to see even by GGG standards.
Not really. You just need to know that that boss in particular, as well as the lightning dude in the Labyrinth, have a ~2second cast that then applies reflect to them. On Izaro it applies to all mobs, not just the general. Once you know that and watch out for it, you cant really miss it.

Sykar

Arcane
Even 99% would not be enough.

Yeah I realize that now. I thought I could forgoe Paragon of Calamity thinking with high resists and high reflect damage reduce it would suffice but I was sorely mistaken. Probably worse due to Icestorm stacking so nicely letting you die extra fast before you can even hit the escape key.

Those tiny yellow spikes under its model are hard to see even by GGG standards.
Not really. You just need to know that that boss in particular, as well as the lightning dude in the Labyrinth, have a ~2second cast that then applies reflect to them. On Izaro it applies to all mobs, not just the general. Once you know that and watch out for it, you cant really miss it.

Oh shit, with huge long lasting Icestorm that will be extra painful.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Oh shit, with huge long lasting Icestorm that will be extra painful.
Yeah. With most duration spells you wanna bait them casting the reflect aura once by using any non-duration spell to trigger them casting it, like your movement skill, then wait it out and kill them before the cast it a second time (its on like a 10second or so cooldown after it expires the first time).

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Reflect as a mechanic feels as though it was designed for a time when characters did far less dps.

These days unless you have reflect immunity from gear or abilities, it's just a straight no go.

Gerrard

Arcane
Here's a funny anecdote for you about reflect: the reflect immunity that Slayer or Elementalist give you is not actual immunity, just 100% reduction. So if there's an effect that makes you take increased damage you can still die to reflect.

Because fuck you. -GGG

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Here's a funny anecdote for you about reflect: the reflect immunity that Slayer or Elementalist give you is not actual immunity, just 100% reduction. So if there's an effect that makes you take increased damage you can still die to reflect.
Not true. What you're talking about does however apply to the affixes on gear you can get and craft. Slayer and Elementalist are specifically worded to say "CANNOT take reflected ele/phys damage" whereas the affixes on gear put you at ~100% reduced reflected damage. And as everyone knows, reduced/increased modifiers are additive, not multiplicative, so taking increaased damage like from sextant mods thus requires more reflect reduction.

Gerrard

Arcane
Not true. What you're talking about does however apply to the affixes on gear you can get and craft. Slayer and Elementalist are specifically worded to say "CANNOT take reflected ele/phys damage" whereas the affixes on gear put you at ~100% reduced reflected damage. And as everyone knows, reduced/increased modifiers are additive, not multiplicative, so taking increaased damage like from sextant mods thus requires more reflect reduction.
I remember seeing a thread about it, but it was like 2 years ago, maybe it was wrong.
I wouldn't trust too much in GGG's consistency either way though. "Nearby" comes to mind.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I wouldn't trust too much in GGG's consistency either way though. "Nearby" comes to mind.
I have never had problems with reflect when being reflect immune, but 'nearby' is a fucking joke. Sometimes it's melee range, sometimes it's more than a screen.

I'm struggling pretty hard to get t13+ maps so I can do the last conquerors. At least I have "plenty" t11s.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom