Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Share your "I am playing" list

EverlastingLove

Learned
Starcarft 2 WoL - I'm on the last mission
Civilization VI with my gf
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain - just started

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Just finished Battle Isle 2 Expansion for the first in my life (it was a struggle at the end but I had to finish), and I wanted to share that, but I found it was boring, so decided to share my "current games" list :

de5s7K8.png

it does not include the stores on which I have currently no "active" game (Slitherine/Matrix, and Gamergate), nor no-store games like for Rule the Waves.

Who the fuck plays that many games at once? No wonder most of you autists never finish anything.
You realize that for the same amount of time, whether I play game one after the other or 5 at the same time, I finish roughly the same number of games over any long period. And I don't have this "I hate this game because I played it that much but I need to finish it" feeling :)

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron

:lol: I agree TBH. I got both Torchlight games in a $5 bundle to play co-op with my flatmate. What are your thoughts on the first game?

Not much of a fan either. And the art style certainly does not help. Since you have Diablo 1 installed, have you tried "THE HELL" mod for it? Amazing mod which restores a lot of stuff, adds new stuff, and increases the difficulty.

curds

Magister
Since you have Diablo 1 installed, have you tried "THE HELL" mod for it? Amazing mod which restores a lot of stuff, adds new stuff, and increases the difficulty.

Haven’t tried it, still need to finish the game first. I’m stuck on Lazarus at the moment, can’t seem to make a dent in him.

Codex Year of the Donut
battletech(meh, I quit after 15-20 minutes everytime but I'm really trying. Nice intro sequence animation though.)
bg3(but I've beaten all the available content)
dungeons & dragons online
horizon zero dawn
solasta
vagrus
wasteland 3

Dramart

Learned
GTA II and Super Robot Taisen Alpha Gaiden for ps1
The Simpsons Hit and Run
Knights of the Temple the Infernal Crusade

Hero-U (2nd playthrough, enjoying it much more than the first; the benefit of adjusted expectations)
Quest for Glory 1 EGA (Ironically Hero-U mostly made me want to replay the QFGs)
Far Cry 5 (These games are so goddamn dumb, but I do really enjoy certain aspects of them)
Monster Train (Getting burned out, will probably uninstall soon)
A Tale of Two Kingdoms (2nd playthrough, really lovely game)

Machocruz

Arcane
Brutal Doom 64 - just finished this but going back to various saves to dick around
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - really looking forward to learning all the ins and outs.
Dawn of War - when I'm in the mood to cull heretics
Dwarf Fortress - fortress has everything I need to survive, now just working on cleaning the place up and raising value.
Brogue - I suck at this game, but can't stop trying

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - really looking forward to learning all the ins and outs.
It's one of the more fun turn-based 4x games I've played in a while. Playing against other people in a PBEM game has also forced me to learn the ropes. I'd be down for a 1v1 via email, if you're interested.

Brogue - I suck at this game, but can't stop trying
Are you playing on a Mac?

Machocruz

Arcane
It's one of the more fun turn-based 4x games I've played in a while. Playing against other people in a PBEM game has also forced me to learn the ropes. I'd be down for a 1v1 via email, if you're interested.

Yeah I dabbled with it a few years ago. My first time and within a day I already felt it is one of the best games ever. But I only tried the University, which seems like maybe not the best choice for new players who haven't fully grasped the research tree. I don't have internet at my new place yet, but I'll keep your offer in mind.

Are you playing on a Mac?
Windows. So far I keep dying around 5th, 6th floor to either pink jelly or goblin conjurer blades.

Jigawatt

Arcane
For short sessions to drop in/out easily: Monster Train
For comfy nostalgia: Final Fantasy X
For multiplayer: Rivals of Aether
Actual new game to play through: Thea 2

Meanwhile most of my game time these days is actually helping my kids through what they're playing, which includes:
Mario Kart Double Dash
TLoZ: Wind Waker
Cities Skylines
Minecraft

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
- Finishing up the post-games for The Alliance Alive, Trials of Mana, and Dragon Quest 11. Had been putting this off but decided I want to 100% them.

- Re-starting Pathfinder: Kingmaker to try out turn-based mode. Dropped the original playthrough halfway through Chapter 2 so it isn't a big re-start.

- Just started Shenmue 3 (first Shenmue game but I watched playthroughs of the first two).

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm pretty busy at work right now so I've mostly been tooling around with Solasta and BG3 a bit at a time. It's interesting to see how they each approached adapting 5th edition D&D in different ways.

downwardspiral

Learned
Currently

Rimworld = Main focus, Started recently

Graviteam Tactics: Mius-Front = Main focus since release, on going operation

Rules the waves 2 = Main focus, on going campaign

Stormworks = Main focus

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth = Main focus, haven't finished the main story yet, a bit burn out

Pokemon shield and sword = On and off

Monster Hunter World = On and Off

X-plane = On and Off

Grand Tactician: The Civil War = On and off waiting for patch

Phoenix Point = Plays a bit waiting for patch

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Currently

Rimworld = Main focus, Started recently

Graviteam Tactics: Mius-Front = Main focus since release, on going operation

Rules the waves 2 = Main focus, on going campaign

Stormworks = Main focus

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth = Main focus, haven't finished the main story yet, a bit burn out

Pokemon shield and sword = On and off

Monster Hunter World = On and Off

X-plane = On and Off

Grand Tactician: The Civil War = On and off waiting for patch

Phoenix Point = Plays a bit waiting for patch
It started so well with Rimworld, Graviteam and RTW2... and then Digimom and Pokémon were mentionned :)

downwardspiral

Learned
It started so well with Rimworld, Graviteam and RTW2... and then Digimom and Pokémon were mentionned :)

I buy switch for my son so I get to play Pokemon sometimes.
Mostly for nostalgia.
Although I think the main pokemon series is still an okay game compare to many popular modern games today.
Freedom to set up the combination of monsters and skills you like, without much skill tree thing or PVP balance, mostly for fun.
Character are usually aesthetically pleasing.
Limited fake open world, good theme park style world just for fun.
Just simple fun, not much else.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Cutthroats: Terror on the High Seas
Executive Suite
Floor 13
Gangsters: Organized Crime (modded)
Girlfriend Construction Set
Legionary's Life (going for the grass crown)
SMAC (MP game)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom