Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
reading reviews lol i've never read a review in my life
just ask if it's good then make a decision based on yes/no buttons

To be fair there were times in the pre-internet age when buying a video game mag and reading the reviews/previews/other articles was pretty much the only way to get informed about what was happening. The quality of those mags was also on completely different level back then and the "journalists" working for them were actual gaming enthusiasts who genuinely cared about the subject matter, as opposed to the current year retards with MAs in English who wish they were writing about trannies for the Slate instead of the whole vidya stuff.

Of course the contemporary gaming media are pure cancer though, no doubt about that.

Beowulf

Arcane
She said she was pansexual
What the fuck is pansexual?
L1yBKLq.jpeg

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
The quality of those mags was also on completely different level back then and the "journalists" working for them were actual gaming enthusiasts who genuinely cared about the subject matter.

Actually its probably more than anything that was claimed by the reviewer could be instantly proven by the fact that they were nearly always reviewing an accompanying demo which normally shipped on the cover disk.
Journalists today are gatekeepers. The death of demos fell right into the journalists hands now as they sell you what they thought of the behind closed doors demo. You know something that traditionally would've shipped to potential customers well who cares when we can just get some shill to play it and tell people what to think.

Harthwain

Magister
Journalists today are gatekeepers. The death of demos fell right into the journalists hands now as they sell you what they thought of the behind closed doors demo. You know something that traditionally would've shipped to potential customers well who cares when we can just get some shill to play it and tell people what to think.
You know you can watch the actual gameplay footage on YouTube? It won't give you the feel for the controls (and some games play better than they are to be watched), but overall it should provide a pretty good idea whether the game is something you'll like or not.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'll say it like this - if you truly, really care about gameplay, if it's not a pose to look edgy on the codex, this isn't a game for you.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
First person perspective is really chaffing my balls on this one for some reason. It just doesn't fit for this game and seems jarring to me.
How come?

Because you are a Street Samurai presumably. This means your body will become more & more cybernetic or "chromed out" in the parlance of the tabletop game. You will never see this however because you cannot see your character. All the cool body mods, armor, etc. shall never appear to you. It is goofy in an RPG. Didn't like it in Skyrim for the same reason. Dragon Age, Witcher, Mass Effect, etc. went the right way where you can see character progression.
Meh, you can see it in the character screen if you so desire. And the devs can still add 3rd person later, like Rockstar did with GTA5, where they added 1st person after the game has launched.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm also not completely sure about how I will like the 1st person. I seem to have not played a 1st person game in a lot of time, and I will miss the wide angle of view.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I don't want to look at gameplay cause it might spoil the game for me.
IMO, after announcing Keanu, you can't really get it more spoiled than that. Unfortunately it wouldn't have been possible to keep it secret up to release.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
You know you can watch the actual gameplay footage on YouTube? It won't give you the feel for the controls (and some games play better than they are to be watched), but overall it should provide a pretty good idea whether the game is something you'll like or not.

Yeah but then I get the usual "You haven't played it yet so you can't comment on it" garbage you read everywhere including here. So its not really a substitute. You ideally need to have ammo in order to discuss something online and there's no better way to ease concerns or debate the qualities of a design than having the actual thing running on your machine. This is where I'm just so frustrated by the modern industry it just doesn't seem worth having a discussion lately but I want to because tbh at least the people around here know their stuff.

Terenty

Liturgist
Also, in a game full of RTX reflections you can't actually see your char in them... Truly retarded, like a lot of things in this game

deama

Prophet
While we're on the subject of RTX, it was confirmed that cyberpunk will have dlss 2.0, not just for directx 12, but should also have it for vulkan api, which means I might be able to run with dlss on my windows 8.1 machine!

Sobchak

Scholar
Patron

No it won't provide a pretty good idea, at all. I want to choose what to test and how to test it plus I don't trust at all these fixed/gimmicky/full of spoilers videos that companies or "journalists" are pushing to their corresponding audience.

There are so many examples that can prove why you're 100% wrong. As an example, watch the early Metro Exodus gameplay video (with the bear fight) and then try to play the actual scene, you will be amazed.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Just watched some gameplay and it looks really meh,too much cinematics and sparkly shit. It looks like one of those games where the boss always wanted to make kwan films but settled for games. The game looks too much americanazied and it lacks what made the witcher interesting. It looks really....mediocre and generic with a lot of shinies.
Well... Pondsmith is an American.
Who the fuck is that ?

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Just watched some gameplay and it looks really meh,too much cinematics and sparkly shit. It looks like one of those games where the boss always wanted to make kwan films but settled for games. The game looks too much americanazied and it lacks what made the witcher interesting. It looks really....mediocre and generic with a lot of shinies.
Who the fuck is that ?

A based gentleman of colour who came up with the Cyber Punk P&P game.

Harthwain

Magister
No it won't provide a pretty good idea, at all. I want to choose what to test and how to test it plus I don't trust at all these fixed/gimmicky/full of spoilers videos that are pushing to their corresponding audience.

There are so many examples that can prove why you're 100% wrong. As an example, watch the early Metro Exodus gameplay video (with the bear fight) and then try to play the actual scene, you will be amazed.
For the record - I meant watching gameplay footage from after the actual release...

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Who the fuck is that ?

A based gentleman of colour who came up with the Cyber Punk P&P game.
I just google it,a fat sjw fag nigger came up,a sure way to turn people away for that shit. It is a shame that it won't flop because of all the shitty hype. Tho there is a chance of getting a lot of people butthurt and not selling well enough to make good profit,after all it is a 7 years of developing.

Anyway,my point was that the studio and its work feel americanized,i knew that the boardgame was an sjw kwan. That doesn't chance the fact that they could have used a bit of creative freedom to add some shit in it. In the end the game looks mediocre.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom