Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Robber Baron

Savant
Also, fantadomat you were right about the witcher 3 team leaving, but not right that the "woke" elements were coming from the new hires ;)
EARLY 2016
Owners want to transgenders to be chosen in the game, different voice options, etc.
This is very obviously Fake News and indicates the entire post is bullshit, there was no Tranny shit or any indication of Tranny shit in the Gameplay Demo they released to the public in August 2018 where you can see the Male/Female Options in the character screen:

All of that came after the Journoshits started to cry and bombard them with loaded questions about it in interviews afterwards and while it's obvious they gave in, as other people have said it mostly seems like window dressing added after the fact and not built in.
On another note, it's funny watching the 40 minute Gameplay Demo from 2018 with all the promises they made and features they talked about with the benefit of Hindsight.

Damn they cut out the mobility scooters. Abosolute decline.
We could've had mobility scooter gangs and now we have nothing.

1415032283455.jpg

Turjan

Arcane
In my 86 hours I had only one sidequest related bug(?) and I'm not even sure if it was a bug or I just forgot to complete it in the midst of savescumming
My notable bugs so far:
- During "The Heist", my V was supposed to shoot drones, but didn't have any weapons in his hands. *Pew, pew, pew*
- The gun Dying Night you get from Wilson is stuck in my inventory, because the quest marker doesn't clear. Maybe related to the fact I only picked it up in Act 2.
- In the questline with Panam, one of Saul's dialog options didn't clear and haunted me in the following quest, which made that follow-up quest impossible to finish normally, because the task "Talk to Saul" was stuck. I already thought that was it, but just walking away far into the desert auto-completed the quest (driving was not possible as I was technically in a dialog).
- During one of the "shoot the pursuers" sessions in the Panam quest line, guns failed to do any damage. I had to do that section thrice until it finally worked.
- A quest reward (Highwayman quest) was absent from the location you pick it up (only noticed after looking it up on the net, after spending time looking for clues). On a restart of the last leg of the quest, the reward still wasn't there, but the game at least acknowledged it with a "vehicle acquired" message, so I could call it.
- During the quest "Spellbound", the UI was gone during the fight inside the building. It took me a few attempts until I noticed I could run out of the building onto the street and fight from there.
I don't remember any exploding cars (unless shot). I saw a T-pose once. Misplaced chars (on umbrellas or hovering) maybe three times. NPC's are definitely going after my V when alerted.

I experienced two crashes total. One was during my very short time with the 1.03 release version while a scene with dozens of NPC's loaded. The second one was when I tried to save the first time with 1.04. Turned out the game was still compressing (?) files from the update in the background while I was playing.

I have the feeling the game got somewhat buggier after the 1.05 patch, but of course, this may also be related to the quests I'm playing now. All in all, it's quite stable. I'm definitely worrying about that savegame size though. While I'm still 2.8 MB away from the limit, the save grew by 1 MB during a relatively short time.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
is supposed to be retold

"Dude trust me"(c)
It's obvious things went wrong at CDPR, but I won't believe that a whole team that has just made a super succefull game was allowed to leave by the same management that led the development of the said succefull game.
I'll need more evidence than a reddit screenshot sorry.
All I'm saying is that it doesn't sound incredible based on my experience with large scale project management.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Isn't all of this just a speculation
I mean the team that made W3 leaving
This testimony is supposed to be retold by someone who knows it from a W3 developer who was moved in mid-2015 to work on CP77 and still remains in CDPR.
We need to know this information ASAP. How else are we supposed to decide whether this game is better or worse than TW3?
I haven't finished it but I would argue it fails as a successor to Witcher 3's storytelling and characterisation. I have a much harder time caring about side content when characters are presented through their chat history with another unmemorable ganger or corrupt official.

There is a notable disparity in the amount of detail put into some gigs vs others. The "Occupational Hazard" gig is one of the most developed I've seen yet. It features two NPCs besides the cyberpsycho, enough backstory, and doesn't end with an IM exchange with Regina. Instead Regina calls you to say "good work". This surprised me so much that at first I suspected the gig has bugged out and I should have received a message.

res11

Novice
Isn't all of this just a speculation
I mean the team that made W3 leaving
This testimony is supposed to be retold by someone who knows it from a W3 developer who was moved in mid-2015 to work on CP77 and still remains in CDPR.
We need to know this information ASAP. How else are we supposed to decide whether this game is better or worse than TW3?
I haven't finished it but I would argue it fails as a successor to Witcher 3's storytelling and characterisation. I have a much harder time caring about side content when characters are presented through their chat history with another unmemorable ganger or corrupt official.

There is a notable disparity in the amount of detail put into some gigs vs others. The "Occupational Hazard" gig is one of the most developed I've seen yet. It features two NPCs besides the cyberpsycho, enough backstory, and doesn't end with an IM exchange with Regina. Instead Regina calls you to say "good work". This surprised me so much that at first I suspected the gig has bugged out and I should have received a message.
I'm inclined to believe this so far in my playthrough (haven't finished it). If the game had writing as consistently strong as TW3 everyone would have glossed over the shortcomings in its RPG mechanics, which were even weaker in TW3.

Takamori

Learned
The side quests of cp2077 all over the place and you cant distinguish from the memorable ones like jesus guy from the oh look rob a car for me.

Also the characters while they presented as a good idea you have 0 influence over then. So they follow their agenda like nothing you do matters.

In the end the game felt like a skeleton with a solid foundation but lacking content to fulfill those ideas completely.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

IIRC there are multiple gigs where she calls you back and congratulates you on a job well done. The blue police quests though are usually bottom of the barrel bullshit and unless you're passing by not really worth the trouble.

Danikas

Arcane
IIRC there are multiple gigs where she calls you back and congratulates you on a job well done. The blue police quests though are usually bottom of the barrel bullshit and unless you're passing by not really worth the trouble.
Almost every gig I done for her she calls you before and after and sometimes comments on the way you resolved it if there are options for example multiple times she wants you to be stealthy and comments on that you also get extra money for doing it how she wants.

Last edited:

Danikas

Arcane
There is also some flavour reactivity in the gigs themsleves like this:

Its nothing impactful but its there anyway game needs a fucking flashlight and night vision asap dont know how those tards didnt think of it during testing there are so many dark rooms where you cant see shit.

AwesomeButton

Patron
The side quests of cp2077 all over the place and you cant distinguish from the memorable ones like jesus guy from the oh look rob a car for me.

Also the characters while they presented as a good idea you have 0 influence over then. So they follow their agenda like nothing you do matters.

In the end the game felt like a skeleton with a solid foundation but lacking content to fulfill those ideas completely.
Yep, you can see how at some point someone said "Wrap it up! Whatever is not concluded will be cut". The locations and encounters were there, but the quests were not scripted on time.

Almost every gig I done for her she calls you before and after and sometimes comments on the way you resolved it if there are options for example multiple times she wants you to be stealthy and comments on that you also get extra money for doing it how she wants.
I'm talking specifically about cyberpsychos. I've done 8 out of 17. In only one case I had to IM Regina and she didn't write me back - "Bloody Ritual". That was a bug because I later saw in youtube that she does reply. And the only cyberpsycho case where she called me and didn't IM me was "Occupational Hazard".

1. Grouping Cyberpsychos and gigs under Regina.
2. Not being able to call fixers but having to specifically IM them
3. Fixers acting as second hand car salesmen
4. Fixers calling you out of the blue instead of having to converse with them in person, possibly convince them you are good via means of dialogue checks, street cred and what not.
5. Confusion about whether Wakako Okada is a Tyger Claw leader or a free agent.

All of these point to the fact that not even fixers were fully implemented.

I'm convinced that what was released on the 10th was what Josh was calling "Critical path" in PoE's development. The point where the game was complete-able and the team sat down to play it over the holidays, it was December 2014 I think.

In CP77 it's the main quest that's complete, the rest was in state of production when the board pressed for a 2020 release, so they could have a better looking balance sheet for the year. Serves them right.
Judging by the fact that they postponed from November to December for "optimization for consoles", I'd wager the cuts were already completed with the intention for a November 19th release, meaning the cuts were decided somewhere in summer 2020, and completed by September. Maybe we'll get a leak from CDPR to confirm or deny this. The big question remains if any of this can or will be brought back/finished. Personally, I doubt it.

I did:
Inb4, the whole delay was an insider trading scheme, and good luck having anyone convicted over that in fucking Polska :lol:

DeepOcean

Arcane
So, how long until incompetent Potatos fix this shit so that its playable without all the bugs?
The bugs are mostly insignificant stuff like sometimes a gun will disapear from npcs hands or some random guy on the street will tpose etc. Doesn't happen too often. Too bad the game is meh by design, the bugs ate the least of it's problems.
Well, insignificant, well, lets see what I had:
Characters have their lipsinc animations turn off once they are inside of a car.
There was a scripted chase sequence where I died every time the chase sequence started and I only managed to continue the game by reloading 4 times until it magically unfucked itself.
I got stuck on Panam's head on a scripted sequence.
I dismantled items and they remained on my inventory so I needed to close my inventory and open it again for them to disappear.
I was thrown a few miles in the air when the physics gone bonkers a few times.
I had many instances of character T posing and looking like PS 1 characters because the textures failed to load.
After a reload, the jumping aug stops working and you need to jump once for it to return to work.
I had enemies seeing me through walls and shooting through walls with weapons that, in theory, shouldnt be able to do that.
I had instances where the enemies sunk into the pavement and started shooting at me under the earth.
I have massive performance drops here and there.
I had an issue where a gun information tab got stuck into my screen and never got away, only a reload fixed that.
Also, I stopped crafting because that will make your save game blow up.
Had microstuttering every time I disassemble an item.
I had a few instances where a car I needed to deliver on a garage, if I left the car before the exact mission trigger point, I couldnt return to it and had to reload a previous save.

Man, they are making Bethesda blush, imagine how this games was before the delay. If the game in question was amazing, it would be worthy to withstand that but it is basically cyber Far Cry with a better written story, that is it. Man, all those "insignificant" bugs start piling up and the patience starts running low. I mean, not only the progression system of the game is completely broken because of MMO trash, the bugs can fuck you up at any moment.

AwesomeButton

Patron
You should be able to call them AFAIK, but in most cases, they won't answer. You can even question them about their past, Regina about her journalism and such.
I passed the gig from Regina where you help that friend of hers - Max, Mark, or whatever. I haven't visited her yet to see if he is at her base, but my guess is that no. In general there is a lot going on during gigs that seems reasonable to have reactivity about it.

Danikas

Arcane
I got stuck on Panam's head on a scripted sequence.
You died in that attack on the wraith base and after reload you spawned in her head right xD (Why didnt they put autosave right as you get our of car)? Happened to me too you can see that the game is rushed to hell if shit like this gets through this is main quest mission.

AwesomeButton

Patron
This shard is in a closed off drive-in in West Oak. I don't know if the drive-in is used in a mission or someone just hid that easter egg there. I found it while hunting graffiti.

0n1QXFb.jpg

Takamori

Learned
The Cyberpsycho felt like a huge chore, once again interesting foundation and bad execution.
I think they were meant to be a longer questline execution, you would go to the crime scene, investigate what the fuck happened. Figure out who was the suspect either cam recording or BD. Then pursue and capture the guy before MaxTac flatlined the psycho.

How it worked, go to crime scene, bootleg boss show up, you down him, call Regina receive credits. On very hard never had an issue of getting the psycho killed even usen lethal weapons, so making non-lethal moot. I was expecting some huge delivery after going through all the psychos, but just a tap in the back, eddies and some lore fluff.

To be fair there is one memorable psycho scene that is the blood ritual but thats it.

Danikas

Arcane
This shard is in a closed off drive-in in West Oak. I don't know if the drive-in is used in a mission or someone just hid that easter egg there. I found it while hunting graffiti.

0n1QXFb.jpg
Spaghetti code yep that's how I would describe Red engine we can forget about any improvments to driving AI I fear. When you think about every Cdpr game was unfinished Witcher 1 rushed last acts, Witcher 2 missing whole act, Witcher 3 rushed last act, Cyberpunk rushed to hell...

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
cyberpsychos are funny if you have system reset

walk in

cast harm

walk out

gg

but tbh I didn#t even bother completing the entire line cause like lol

AwesomeButton

Patron
AwesomeButton who is that guy? CDPR exec?
Who knows. He is not on the board, but that's natural. No one would do insider trading with his own name. In a normally functioning state this should be investigated though.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom