Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex 2020 GOTY - VOTE NOW!

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Why advertise a Codex poll outside the Codex -- Twitter of all places, jfc -- gathering data from non-Codex members and publishing the results as the Codex's official game of the year?
Unless he has an OnlyFans I don't know about, anyone following him would do so because of the crpg book which is well liked here, so it's not like he's asking random redditors that have vastly different opinions from the regular users.

using twitter is incompatible with being a codex bro

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why advertise a Codex poll outside the Codex -- Twitter of all places, jfc -- gathering data from non-Codex members and publishing the results as the Codex's official game of the year?
Unless he has an OnlyFans I don't know about, anyone following him would do so because of the crpg book which is well liked here, so it's not like he's asking random redditors that have vastly different opinions from the regular users.

He's been sucking up to a lot of snowflakes on twitter lately, probably not the types we'd want interacting with our polls.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
What a shit poll. If you are unsure which games to include, then maybe start a fucking thread first and ask for submissions.

Since we had FTL and similar stuff in previous RPG polls, Hades should definitely be included.

Not including the probable winner is beyond retarded.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Or because he's also following weaboo games. Or because he loves games like these ones:

civLHfY.png

Edit:
Best RPG according to felipepepe:

Last edited:
Or because he's also following weaboo games. Or because he loves games like these ones:

He's saying Cyberpunk 2077 is equivalent to a modded Fallout 3, Fallout 4 is worse than that and Yakuza: Like a Dragon is probably good. Nothing unusual unless you're trying to find reasons to hate felipe, and his fetish for Bayesian averages is a better option for that.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
He's saying Cyberpunk 2077 is equivalent to a modded Fallout 3, Fallout 4 is worse than that and Yakuza: Like a Dragon is probably good. Nothing unusual unless you're trying to find reasons to hate felipe, and his fetish for Bayesian averages is a better option for that.

Why are jrpg in a different sub-forum if we're including them in a RPG Goty?
Is it JRPG Codex now?

Having action games in the poll is bad enough, now JRPG and VN...
The good news is we hit the bottom last year, it can't get worse.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ahhh it is a good list,but it does lack a quality control. You can't just put any shit in a goty list because it will become cluttered mess,a bit of moderation is needed.

You've said this over and over, mate. It's getting tiring. I've spent a lot of time on it (which I don't mind doing), but it doesn't lack curation. There are over 1000 rpgs not added to the list. If I did a list of incline games, we'd end up with 50 games, and that's not what I am going for. I understand that people only want "good" games, but thanks to the list, people have found stuff that they would otherwise not play. I am sure of it.

NerevarineKing

Learned
I don't think I've actually played any new RPGs in 2020 except Trails of Cold Steel 4 and it's not even here. I almost never play games when they come out anymore.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think it's better if we do a submission thread, where people can add the games they like, and then it's added to the poll.

Last year, I couldn't vote for SaGa: Scarlet Grace for that reason. Felipe was also unwilling to add it to the poll, which was a shame.

I don't think any single person should be responsible for the games that the entire site is going to vote for.

NerevarineKing

Learned
I think it's better if we do a submission thread, where people can add the games they like, and then it's added to the poll.

Last year, I couldn't vote for SaGa: Scarlet Grace for that reason. Felipe was also unwilling to add it to the poll, which was a shame.

I don't think any single person should be responsible for the games that the entire site is going to vote for.

SaGa: Scarlet Grace is more of an RPG than many of the entries on this list

Aemar

Arcane
Just as I thought this shit is advertised on Twitter, and since every person registered there is a retard, we'll surely get a great RPG Codex poll...:deadhorse:
y9l7G0R.png
Why the fuck do we need the GOTY poll to get advertised outside this site, and why is felipepepe still in charge of this task?

Aemar

Arcane
Just create a nomination thread to receive the 2020 nominations (one game per post), that will stay open for one week, and another one with a poll available for a week as well. And that's it.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
if there is no codex thread (with X posts/pages) in GRPG about a game, why should it be in the "codex GOTY" poll?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom