Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

Ghulgothas

Arcane
MiInW8p.png
LzTpCqx.jpg

KVVRR

Learned
So for the last 7 years you all said ME series was 'worst shit ever', yet now are suddenly up in arms at EA making the series shittier and complaining about the price(suggesting it's too much for you to buy)?
Oh no dont get me wrong ME as a franchise is still trash and I'm amazed there are people out there actually wanting to play these remakes

Zanzoken

Arcane
It's funny how the trailer barely shows male Shepard but has the female one featured prominently. And also very clearly shows a shot of female Shepard making out with Liara.

Glad to see Biofag still has their priorities straight in order.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
It's funny how the trailer barely shows male Shepard but has the female one featured prominently. And also very clearly shows a shot of female Shepard making out with Liara.

As far as we've heard, they aren't making Kaiden a man/man romanceable character in ME1, despite the fact that he is in ME3.

Wunderbar

Arcane

As far as we've heard, they aren't making Kaiden a man/man romanceable character in ME1, despite the fact that he is in ME3.
too bad tbh.
they should've went all in and made him and Ashley bisexual. And also added a new ending where Shepard lives and goes on another adventure because why not lol.

wahrk

Learned
Hopefully they give the entire game this treatment. The evil sky and cheesy lightning of the first level was over-the-top stupid and completely inconsistent with the rest of the game, let alone the trilogy. Glad Bioware demonstrated some self awareness with this one.

:hmmm:

It’s your first introduction to a massive, Lovecraftian spaceship signaling the beginning of a galactic apocalypse, and a red sky is too over-the-top for this dude?

They removed everything remotely ominous and visually striking in that scene and replaced it with nothing except for a big lens flare. Wow what an improvement.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
too bad tbh.
they should've went all in and made him and Ashley bisexual. And also added a new ending where Shepard lives and goes on another adventure because why not lol.
Kaidan and Ashley's gay romances were fully voiced and all in the game files. The fact that they didn't restore them shows how little effort was put into this remaster.

Terra

Cipher
Meanwhile, over on reddit:
Choice comments:

Hopefully they give the entire game this treatment. The evil sky and cheesy lightning of the first level was over-the-top stupid and completely inconsistent with the rest of the game, let alone the trilogy. Glad Bioware demonstrated some self awareness with this one.
It looks amazing. Man reddits ME community will complain about anything. It's a 14 year old game. The atmosphere is going to be a ton more immersive.
Can we stop commenting on "atmosphere" from a still frame of a game we won't play for 5 months? The atmosphere of Reaper attacks comes from a lot more than the color of the sky.
If there's one thing I've learned over the years it's that fanboys will happily sit there cheering on the most retarded of decisions in defense of their favourite franchise/developer, then suddenly switch to a shocked pikachu face when the franchise/developer collapses/fails/flops as a result of said stupid decisions. (Then they reattach to a new thing and begin the process anew).

Wunderbar

Arcane
too bad tbh.
Kaidan and Ashley's gay romances were fully voiced and all in the game files. The fact that they didn't restore them shows how little effort was put into this remaster.
probably because it would be strange for Ashley to be lesbian in ME1 and then suddenly forget about that in the third game.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
probably because it would be strange for Ashley to be lesbian in ME1 and then suddenly forget about that in the third game.
That won't be a problem as long as they force female Shepards romancing her to leave her at Virmire.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane

They should just cut Kaiden's romance in the final game too. It's the dumbest shit ever. They are sitting at a cafe and Sheperd's like, "I've always felt something for you for years and years, but never said anything until now." And Kaiden's just like, "OK, Cool." It's the single most tacked on romance in the entire game and makes zero sense given everything that came before.

Vorark

Erudite
As expected, most of the changes appear to be either low effort (AI texture upscale + shitty post processing 'cause it's next-gen babe) or focus on toning down the difficulty (ME1 changes to enemy behavior*, first aid has lower cooldown, easier to achieve max level etc).

* Enemy AI in ME1 wasn't a problem and was in fact quite decent: they could rush the player, knock down, poison, disable weapons, barriers and powers, regen. Certainly much more capable than ME2.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Femshep still doesn't have any nice looking face options, I guess. Hell the ME3 default redhead (the only somewhat acceptable option previously) looks worse now in the remaster.

All the marketing focus on her is obviously supposed to appeal to the game journo clique and their hangers-on, as she was an unpopular choice among the bulk of the playerbase (only 18% picked the female option according to Bioware, probably all the mtf trannies) yet the default pick for every kotaku/RPS etc type.
The voice actress also went full twitter at some point iirc.

Last edited:

bylam

Funcom
Developer
In Mass Effect 1 - couldn't you adjust your aim while the game was paused? I'm 95% certain that when I tried it on Xbox at some point I could open the weapon wheel, adjust my aim to a headshot and then let go of the pause button and shoot away?
The game had the world's best aim assist built in.

Sorry, but the gameplay is shit.

Yes, it has the best RPG elements and is overall more deep than the next 2. But the gameplay doesn't hold up, and at the end of the day, that's what matters to me the most.
The gameplay's perfectly fine in 1 and it most definitely holds up even today. Recently replayed the entire series and there's nothing wrong with Mass Effect 1's gameplay. 2 and 3 compared to 1 are just mindless Gears of War/Call of Duty trash for braindead retard zoomers.

ME1's combat is terrible, to the point that certain builds don't even really work. Vanguards, for example, are useless on higher-difficulties in ME1. Combat is clunky and unresponsive, so using charge at all in ME1 is basically just a death sentence. However, due to the reworked combat, Vanguard is the most fun class to play in ME2 and 3, if somewhat OP.
There is no biotic charge in ME1.

That's why it's a death sentence.

You stand there trying to use something that isn't in the game and then they just kill you. It's like: What the fuck man?

In Mass Effect 1 - couldn't you adjust your aim while the game was paused? I'm 95% certain that when I tried it on Xbox at some point I could open the weapon wheel, adjust my aim to a headshot and then let go of the pause button and shoot away?
The game had the world's best aim assist built in.

I think you could. It's for telling your crew where to go, but I believe you could also use it to aim. I haven't played it since it came out, but what you're saying sounds right.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Femshep still doesn't have any nice looking face options, I guess. Hell the ME3 default redhead (the only somewhat acceptable option previously) looks worse now in the remaster.
I disagree. The default ME1 femshep has way more character, with her downcurved lips and a little scar.
She looks like someone who's been through some shit, knows how to command and take responsibility for tough decisions.
ME3 femshep is just a dime-a-dozen wet-haired botox-lipped barbie in comparison.

The new femshep doesn't look human. She looks like a cartoon character that would fit in Borderlands.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom