Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Supermedo

Augur
I took the Acron and got attacked by shadows when I realized I'm not doing any damage I ran away but I figure there must be a way so I googled and found out I need Ethereal Torch, I did explore the whole north but because I didn't trigger Ferryman talk on how he got friendly with the natives so I missed the item.

My question is I have a save before taking the Acron and save where I took it and still didn't report to Oldfield yet did I miss my chance to kill the shadowlith or I can keep todd in the submarine and do the Ferryman quest.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
>Increased critical hit chance of all firearm pistols by 3% (new base is 10% now)
>Firearm pistols damage increased by about 25%
>Firearm pistols now ignore up to 40% of target's evasion at close range
>Sharpshooter now grants the critical damage bonus to firearm pistols at all times regardless of focus
>Added Gun-Fu feat - When attacking with firearm pistols in melee range, your effective attack skill is increased by 40% (up to 60% through specialization) of your unmodified melee skill for all purposes, including the damage done
>Added Bullet Time feat - When activated, reduces action point cost of firing firearm pistols by 30% (up to 50% through specialization) until the end of the turn.

Why the fuck was I not informed of this? /vrpg/ > Codex, yet again.
I need to finish my fucking Kingmaker playthrough Goddamn it...I'm only in Varnhold.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
My question is I have a save before taking the Acron and save where I took it and still didn't report to Oldfield yet did I miss my chance to kill the shadowlith or I can keep todd in the submarine and do the Ferryman quest.
You can return to Abyssal Station or destroy Shadowlith at any given time. I actually did come back there once because I forgot one oddity; although Shadowlith was already destroyed. If you go back with Shadowlith active, be ready to survive the onslaught of Shadows for a while before you can blow it up, so I guess it's better to get the Torch and then aggro the shadows.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Do you need to kill these shadows? I ran from them to next map and had no problems.
They respawn without the end, but you can blow up Shadowlith and it's quiet then. Why do that? For lulz of course. Also one oddity for those interested

And you need that light throwing staff from the native tomb for that?

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

ciox

Liturgist
Yeah, too bad you basically never need that meme damage against some squishy stunnable target,
Very good for bosses. I didn't have Execute on Versatility char, but with the lazor one it oneshotted bosses like no tomorrow.

Oh I see what you mean by "bosses".
I don't usually play on it but Dominating has a couple nice quirks, mook bosses having 400% health makes some abilities more useful, like Execute and Deadly Snares, not really mandatory but still more useful.

Tigranes

Arcane
>Firearm pistols now ignore up to 40% of target's evasion at close range
>Added Gun-Fu feat - When attacking with firearm pistols in melee range, your effective attack skill is increased by 40% (up to 60% through specialization) of your unmodified melee skill for all purposes, including the damage doned.

Hrm. This might finally make me move away from energy/chem pistols and go for melee+firearm pistol? Dirty kick, maybe finally make use of some of those knives like the bio knife from the hobo outside camp rathor?

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
I wonder what viable build could be for Gun-Fu perk? The only thing i can see as a niche is melee used for soft targets and pistol with W2C ammo against tin cans. Anyone get ideas?
The 4chan autists said they read on the Underrail forums that versatility works with Gun Fu. So if I got it right, you get 60% to melee from guns, and then Gun Fu kicks in giving you 40% of that 60%. So you can pump Guns and Dex without investing into melee.
Hrm. This might finally make me move away from energy/chem pistols and go for melee+firearm pistol? Dirty kick, maybe finally make use of some of those knives like the bio knife from the hobo outside camp rathor?
Gun Fu + Versatility + Execute + Cut Throat. Phew lads, shit's gonna get fun. Inb4 Styg nerfs the buffs.

Also what's up with the tattoo feats on the underrail builder?

Tigranes

Arcane
I wonder what viable build could be for Gun-Fu perk? The only thing i can see as a niche is melee used for soft targets and pistol with W2C ammo against tin cans. Anyone get ideas?
The 4chan autists said they read on the Underrail forums that versatility works with Gun Fu. So if I got it right, you get 60% to melee from guns, and then Gun Fu kicks in giving you 40% of that 60%. So you can pump Guns and Dex without investing into melee.

That's only if you use pistols, though, yeah? If you actually also want to use melee weapons/unarmed then you have to still invest or be stuck at 60%. But yes if this is how it works it is still very powerful. Perhaps opens up pistols/shotguns combo rather?

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
That's only if you use pistols, though, yeah? If you actually also want to use melee weapons/unarmed then you have to still invest or be stuck at 60%. But yes if this is how it works it is still very powerful. Perhaps opens up pistols/shotguns combo rather?
Well yeah, Gun Fu only works with firearm pistols. I guess you could work in shotguns but the str requirements are counter towards the dex/per of pistols.
I think something like this works better.
https://underrail.info/build/?HgMOB...gsWGT4xwrPCpMOMw4vDisOIw4LDg8OF4qe-CuK9hAXfvw

I don't think cut throat is gonna work though.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
I feel like a car salesman now, but I really liked that build

Carman.jpg

Deal of the lifetime, don't miss it pal: little bit tough early on but wrecks faces later and gives you a lot of tools in combat. Take this Rathound Regalia, custom .44 Hammerer and Tugnsten Serrated Knife, the world is yours baby!

Now, 40 in Guns is a waste, but eh, I spent 50 on pickpocket for lulz. Gun Fu might come in instead of Eviscerate which I barely used.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
How did you get guns so high, with 350 in melee and versatility you shouldnt get higher than 210.
Fully-specced
How does that pistol+melee combination works?
Just awesome. So much tools in combat, cheap attacks and great damage. For example, Expose weakness with Serrated Knife, may deal infected wound for bonus damage and may stun - and then you can shoot or keep shanking. That's for combos, otherwise knives for silent shanking, bonus effects and close distance, guns for the range and anti-armor. Run out of ammo? Stab! Or stun and stab, retreat and shoot the next turn. Stun from Cheap Shots is another great thing. Overall, one of the most fun builds I ever played in any RPG.

I shall say that while .44 does outperform knife later on, the latter stays relevant against non-ridiculously armoured targets and for stealthy kills.

If we add Gun-fu here, you can stunlock people and shoot them close for damage bonuses.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom