Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nioh 2

Reinhardt

Arcane
Found at last set for fists, but can't get green drop of it, only weapon for now.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I got to the hidden tea house (Shimazu clan ftw!) and started to pay more attention to the revenants.

It seems that about half of all those deaders are either switchglaive or fists users.
Dual-swords, splitstaves, axes, odachi and kusarigamas combined make the the second half of the totals.
Tonfas are pretty rare, but that's expected as I've heard they're not good.
Swords are surprisingly uncommon.

But the one weapon I don't remember ever seeing on an a revenant is the spear.
No one mains it? Or those guys just don't die?

Nemerra

Novice
I got to the hidden tea house (Shimazu clan ftw!) and started to pay more attention to the revenants.

It seems that about half of all those deaders are either switchglaive or fists users.
Dual-swords, splitstaves, axes, odachi and kusarigamas combined make the the second half of the totals.
Tonfas are pretty rare, but that's expected as I've heard they're not good.
Swords are surprisingly uncommon.

But the one weapon I don't remember ever seeing on an a revenant is the spear.
No one mains it? Or those guys just don't die?

Both I reckon. Barely anyone uses it and those that do are die-hards that mastered it and almost never die. Helps that it scales with constitution.

Nemerra

Novice
Beside this, has anyone found a use for switchglaive low stance? other then being ultrasafe, the damage is abysmal and i can do everything better in medium stance with much longer reach. When i want high damage i switch to HS but have yet to find a scenario where LS is better option

Aside from the stance swap buff, the only use I've found for the switchglaive low stance is the Whirling Blade skill which allows you to reflect most projectiles. Feels badass when it works.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I got to the hidden tea house (Shimazu clan ftw!)
What the fuck, man. Not Cool.

Ever thought that seeing your life bar deplete when you get hit is a shitty feeling?

Join the Uesugi clan. Stop taking damage when enemies hit you. Jokes aside, some clans have very interesting bonuses, but being able to completely ignore damage after a purification is too useful to pass up. It lets you survive grabs from bosses as if they were just stones thrown by a gaki.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I got to the hidden tea house (Shimazu clan ftw!)
What the fuck, man. Not Cool.

But I have a reason!
This is a screenshot from my Steam profile:
QjSaV7p.png

And this is Shimazu clan log from wiki:
210px-Japanese_Crest_maru_ni_jyuji.svg.png

See? I had no choice!!

Reinhardt

Arcane
Final stage is cancer but fnal boss was actually one of the easiest in the game. Yes, he hits hard, but everyone hits hard. Just don't get hit, lol. His red attack is very easy to counter and it opens him for grapple. Run, run, run, see red - counter, grapple, run, run, run.

Still missing boots from my set. everything else is +2. Would even equip purple for final set bonus, but sold the only pair i had from mission reward long ago and never seen them again in drop.

Only few missions left and i will start next difficulty. Only 3 weeks to finish first run. I'm too old for this shit.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Struggled yesterday with both Enki and the horse.
Man, so far Odachis just seem like an inferior version of Axes.
Gotta git gud.

Suicidal

Arcane
I'm like midway through the game. Just killed the giant cow spider. I noticed that the spear is very very good against humanoid (and especially pure human) bosses but sucks against monsters. I killed that magic spamming odachi guy that a lot of people seem to be mad about in a few attempts, but stuff like the snake god, owl and cow spider were a miserable experience. In general so far all the human bosses I fight go down in 1-3 tries. I think it's cause the spear has a lot of displacement/crowd control skills (pulling, shoving, tripping) that work against humans but do nothing to monsters.

So far my favorite bosses were the 2 mutated samurai bosses (Magara and Azai) cause they strike a nice balance between the easiness of the human fights and the "what the fuck is happening" feeling of the giant monster fights.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Yeah, baby! Found green trinket with "set requirements -1", so now i have boost to attack for completing main set and ~500 more hp from various single set items. And even more - now i'm in the green equipment weight zone at last. Feels gud.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
Second region completed. Yoshitatsu down first try. Granted, i cheesed him with omnyo during his yokai forms, but aren' t boss supposed to become harder and harder? it seem the opposite to me. I see how yoshi could be hard in a fair fight, but it is too easily cheesable with magic and ninjutsu . You just need to stay away and cast from afar. I hope the badass human bosses of nioh 1 return, because so far enenra and the snake were the hardest bosses, wich are followed by 3 easy ones

cruel

Cipher
Yeah, just wait. 3 hardest game bosses are still before you. The hardest one is probably the one in mission 13, Ruin draws near.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Suicidal

Arcane
Second region completed. Yoshitatsu down first try. Granted, i cheesed him with omnyo during his yokai forms, but aren' t boss supposed to become harder and harder? it seem the opposite to me. I see how yoshi could be hard in a fair fight, but it is too easily cheesable with magic and ninjutsu . You just need to stay away and cast from afar. I hope the badass human bosses of nioh 1 return, because so far enenra and the snake were the hardest bosses, wich are followed by 3 easy ones

The difficulty of specific bosses largely depends on your chosen weapon, magics, gear, playstyle and even specific combat skills you like to use with your weapon. As I mentioned before, I use the spear, so any human boss with human mechanics is easy for me. For example, in an optional mission there's that odachi magic spamming boss whose name I forgot. Popular consensus is that he's one of the hardest bosses in the game, yet I killed him in a few tries because the spear is simply that good at making human enemies your bitches (I can flip him behind me mid combo, interrupting his attack, I can out-range him with high and mid stance, I can jump over him in low stance, avoiding 90% of his attacks except the overhead). However, on most big monster enemies I have been sucking dick so far. I died like 20 times to the serpent, 10 or so times to the owl and the giant bull. So it's not that the game is going easy on you, it's just that your chosen playstyle works particularly well against these enemies. That and the fact that the more you play the better you become at the game in general.

I remember in the first Nioh, before the DLCs I struggled the most with the human spear boss close to the end of the game, yet when talking about Nioh 1's boss difficulty, most people don't even mention him. Instead they talk about that vampire bat boss in the early missions, which I first tried with no problems.

Reinhardt

Arcane
After playing dlc second difficulty is so easy. I think i'll just skip it doing short missions and go to third.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Rushed second difficulty i started third. Now i'm in 1-shot territory again. Also no more revenants. Fuck them.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I want to try some new weapon, slightly tired from fists after 3 weeks of smashing faces. Something flashy. Spear, maybe?

Hyperion

Arcane
Switchglaive and Splitstaff are extremely flashy. Spear has some flashy moves you can use, but in most situations you'll be doing a lot of long range poke-and-dodge tactics till you ki break.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Switchglaive is too GAAAAAAAAAY. It's something edgy kid would pick to look SPESHUL. Staff - maybe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom