Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Minos effortlessly defeated Prias and took Helena with him back to Argos. There he fed from her in a slow and agonizing way to punish her. When Minos finally gave her the Embrace her first meal was to be her own father.

Wow, that's all around stupid.
E: Oh they meant biological father, not her sire.

Semiurge

Cipher
lol at the rose, this fucking genre...

The Toreador rose is like the "memento mori" skulls on paintings. Lest you mortals forget that there is a Toreador in it.

Forgive my raging autism, but that chick is supposed to be a ~3300-year-old Toreador (Helena) with an Appearance score of 8. For those who might not know, a score of 5 is considered the human apex, meaning people like Newton would have an Intelligence score of 5, world champion strongmen would have a Strength score of 5 etc.

The chick in that image does not look like she's 3 standard deviations above the handful of the most beautiful women in the world. :M

Looks like Gia or Cindy. No last names needed, they're so blue collar.

YzpMESX.jpg

Slap some shades on that and it's spot on.

ChildInTime

Learned

Forgive my raging autism, but that chick is supposed to be a ~3300-year-old Toreador (Helena) with an Appearance score of 8. For those who might not know, a score of 5 is considered the human apex, meaning people like Newton would have an Intelligence score of 5, world champion strongmen would have a Strength score of 5 etc.

The chick in that image does not look like she's 3 standard deviations above the handful of the most beautiful women in the world. :M
You can't really show what attributes above 5 look and feel like, characters that are supposed to be literal genius planners thinking centuries ahead doing stupid shit, or a high ranking Camarilla Ventrue sitting like an idiot on a TV talk show about vampires being real (from that one Gehenna scenario) was pretty normal for WW back then.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

Beauty such as hers can't be captured by means of any media, it must be experienced :obviously:

That is probably indeed the point. Vampires (and Garou) are supposed to have animal magnetism, so if anything, seeing her would probably flood your brain with oxytocin as if you were in love. Of course in that case the person looks much better than in reality.

Bloodeyes

Arcane

Ok but how do you paint something like that? Beauty so sublime that it has never existed. Even the old masters wouldn't be able to manage it and if they did that piece of character art would literally be the most beautiful thing anyone had ever seen. Is it fair to expect that in an RPG rulebook?

Here's a more in universe approach to the question: Is her appearance literal physical perfection or an induced state "in the eye of the beholder" resulting from her supernatural vampiric spiritual essence? I think the latter is more plausible. Three standard deviations above the human peak has to come from something more than her physical beauty, that's got to be a supernaturally induced psychological effect. Not a discipline per se, just a passive buff granted by her Toreador bloodline.

Edit: Others beat me to it.

Avarize

Magister
You can't paint supernatural beauty but you could try to at least paint beauty. That's just a mildly attractive woman, made worse by the AOC expression.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wesp5's mod Prequel lets you play as a vampire hunter, and if that doesnt satisfy you, you can play as a Dante-traced Hunter in Hunter the Vigil.

images
I prefer to play as a Frank or Dee Reynolds-traced Hunter in Hunter: The Vigil. The "main" city of Vigil is Philadelphia, after all.

I5sFgGX.png

"A few days ago, three Nosferatu tried to mug me. These punks, I dunno whether they wanted money or maybe something more sexual. But it's a lucky thing I had my pieces. I started blasting, I don't see so good so I probably missed em a bunch of times."
- WOD Frank

A ton of money is a pretty good power to be fair.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
"A few days ago, three Nosferatu tried to mug me. These punks, I dunno whether they wanted money or maybe something more sexual.
I find this phrasing very funny because it kinda suggests someone taking your money is sexual, and something else is even more sexual.

Codex Year of the Donut

Beauty such as hers can't be captured by means of any media, it must be experienced :obviously:

That is probably indeed the point. Vampires (and Garou) are supposed to have animal magnetism, so if anything, seeing her would probably flood your brain with oxytocin as if you were in love. Of course in that case the person looks much better than in reality.
Tfw no big tiddy vampire gf.

Still wondering why Paradox is keeping it silent about what studio they chose to replace Hardsuit.

The second question of course would be their exact intentions. Are they genuinely trying to save this one to the point of funding an almost complete do-over or just to wrap it up in a somewhat serviceable form to cut their losses?

If it’s the latter, it would be pretty damning for the previous studio that they couldn’t even manage that.

Avarize

Magister
I already explained my position that you can't get all the way there but you can certainly make a better attempt.
Then it should be easy to post one example you can't make that criticism about.
It is extremely easy. I googled "beautiful woman painting" and this was the first result.
66b0cb917a1721a753333f22a7c1d37d.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom