Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What if we split the Codex into two sites: RPG Codex + Political Codex?

What do you think about splitting the politics out to a separate stand-alone website + forums?

• THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA

Votes: 137 37.8%
  • Over my dead body

Votes: 133 36.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 92 25.4%

• Total voters

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Infinitron wants to send undesirables to the ghetto?

It's the (((usual suspect))) performing his usual tricks.

Trying to split off the "undesirables" so they can fellate mainstream advertisers and WOEK developers to come to the Codex, saying: "look, look, we got rid of those evul mysogymyst racist white supremacist literal Hitlers who believe there are only 2 sexes and don't believe driver's licenses are racist. We're the good guys. Please love us"

And it makes it easier to report the new Codex as a hate group without bringing the Eye of Sauron on themselves, as would happen if it was attempted now.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Is the (((usual suspect))) gunning for a job in the gaming industry? Does he want to become a prestigious gaming journalist?

Are we to be his sacrifice for his ascension?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I'm all for it. Plus, I want anyone saying a single bad thing about USSR on the RPG CODEX (or raising any other political subject) to be exiled onto the POLDEX for a week. No more NATO propaganda. Of course DU will never do this, since he's himself a NATO brainwashing victim.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I am fairly sure that solution would have some odd consequences. The new website would become Stormfront light, unless an impressive amount of moderation is made, as it would draw people who are interested only in talking about politics in uncensored ways much more than before. The new forum would as thus be more racist than the politics subforum is now.
As a new fairly big politics forum on the web it would probably also draw quite a bit of attention. Hit pieces about the codex and it's new nazi subforum on Kotaku and what else. I think that is a fairly likely consequence and not necessarily intended.

And it makes it easier to report the new Codex as a hate group without bringing the Eye of Sauron on themselves, as would happen if it was attempted now.
I don't think the reporting would be split between forums, this could have racism in rpgs trending on twitter.

I am not sure how to feel about the solution as such, that kind of attention sure would be good drama, but I am unsure how it would affect gaming discussion here.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Because it's a myth. Nobody discusses politics in threads dedicated to good, quality games. I haven't seen any political discourse in Underrail or AoD threads, for example; I'm quite sure people don't do that either in Goldbox or Wizardry threads. People discuss politics in threads about already pozzed franchises.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
But why?

The political discussion is already seperated into its own threads (General Discussion), why would we need to have a different website for it?

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Is the (((usual suspect))) gunning for a job in the gaming industry? Does he want to become a prestigious gaming journalist?

Either that or (more likely) he wants to turn the Codex into the next NeoFAG or Bioware Social, where every shit cash-in sequel and every shit re-imagining of an old game is praised as the Best Thing Ever®, developers are circle-jerked, and any wrongthink will be dealt with by END OF LINE'ing them.

Only the blandest neutral-positive opinions shall survive.

Gregz

Arcane
Pretending that Gamergate and politics have not affected cRPGs is criminally disingenuous.

Infinitron's influence here is becoming increasingly disgraceful, can we have a poll to vote him off the island instead?

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Either that or (more likely) he wants to turn the Codex into the next NeoFAG or Bioware Social, where every shit cash-in sequel and every shit re-imagining of an old game is praised as the Best Thing Ever®, developers are circle-jerked, and any wrongthink will be dealt with by END OF LINE'ing them.

Only the blandest neutral-positive opinions shall survive.

It also makes the rather naïve assumption that just purging the "political" talk would make this place dev friendly. We've been on dev blacklists ever since Oblivion.

At best if the place was cleaned up, we might attract a couple of AA devs who would likely just spew the same PR lines they put everywhere else.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Pretending that Gamergate and politics have not affected cRPGs is criminally disingenuous.

Infinitron's influence here is becoming increasingly disgraceful.

Can we have a poll to vote him off the island instead?
If a game is politics-pozzed, then it has no place on the DEX and any discussion of it must be exiled to the POLDEX.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

nGsMeMc.png

:nocountryforshitposters:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Infinitron's influence here is becoming increasingly disgraceful.

Can we have a poll to vote him off the island instead?
If a game is politics-pozzed, then it has no place on the DEX and any discussion of it must be exiled to the POLDEX.

So POLDEX would have an RPG discussion forum?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom