Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What if we split the Codex into two sites: RPG Codex + Political Codex?

What do you think about splitting the politics out to a separate stand-alone website + forums?

• THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA

Votes: 137 37.8%
  • Over my dead body

Votes: 133 36.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 92 25.4%

• Total voters
Unwanted

Ataraxia

Unwanted
This too:

images

google z-library to find it for free.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
A suggestion has been made that to ensure our RPG focus, we split the politics off into its own site. With political news. Focussed on politics. Entirely separate from the RPG Codex. With its own forum, domain name, and user registration required. Run under similar rules, but probably with a few extra in order to stop it from turning into StormFront Lite.

Political discussion then simply wouldn't exist on the RPG Codex. The forums would be focussed on gaming only. In fact there may not even be a General Discussion, with all of that pushed over to an entirely separate site (or a limited GD with anyone wanting to engage in politics being directed over).

:mob:

Mortmal

Arcane
You have to understand that rpgcodex net worth is ten time less than rpgwatch , yes ten time.. Each time you spam "nigger nigger nigger" , the net value plummet . It makes sense for the owners to split the site to sell it . Ah if only the option was stand alone forum+ ban crispy , the operation could be a lot more successful.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You have to understand that rpgcodex net worth is ten time less than rpgwatch , yes ten time.. Each time you spam "nigger nigger nigger" , the net value plummet . It makes sense for the owners to split the site to sell it . Ah if only the option was stand alone forum+ ban crispy , the operation could be a lot more successful.

Reminds me of that news story about an enterprising young jogger entrepreneur who made quite the fortune selling "n-word" passes to kids in his class.

Maybe the codex could adopt a similar model.

https://slate.com/human-interest/2020/07/racial-slurs-parenting-advice-care-and-feeding.html

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Recent global geopolitical events along with our generally more lazy approach to "free speech" (or at least more free speech than other places give you), have resulted in a steady rise of political discussion here on the RPG Codex. To the extent that some have recently expressed concern that the RPG aspect is being lost in the politics.

Statistics show that since 1 Jan 2020, there have been 786,320 new posts made on the Codex. This represents 11% of the total 7,077,829 posts made in the entire 19 year history of the Codex.

Of those 786,320 posts:

262,124 (33%) in the various RPG forums (including News & Content, and Developer / Hosted sub-forums)
222,040 (28%) in Off-Topic Forums (excluding Politics)
184,209 (23%) in Politics, God & The Wealth of Nations and its two sub-forums
116,610 (15%) in the General Gaming forums
1,337 (0%) in Administration which oddly, happened entirely by chance

View attachment 18887

Of note, as a single forum, Politics out performs every other individual forum, including GD. If you include the two sub-forums, it out-performs GD by almost 50,000 posts. This is despite the requirement that to even see the forum, you must have been a member for at least 12 months.

Posts Forum %
136,802 Politics, God & The Wealth of Nations 17%
130,531 General Discussion 17%
95,686 General RPG Discussion 12%
59,765 General Gaming 8%
45,406 MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN 6%
34,909 Codex Public Library 4%
29,094 Owlcat Games 4%
27,988 Retardo Land 4%
24,090 Larian Studios 3%
22,820 CD Projekt Red 3%
20,235 jRPG Weeaboo Discussion 3%
16,610 Gaming Drama 2%
15,598 Strategy and Simulation 2%
14,994 News & Content Feedback 2%
10,739 Site Feedback 1%
10,732 SCIENCE!! 1%
10,311 Obsidian Entertainment 1%
7,410 BioWare 1%
7,294 Codex Playground 1%
7,244 MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion 1%
6,809 The Gazebo 1%
5,101 Tactical Gaming 1%
4,937 Underrail 1%
4,850 Bethesda Game Studios 1%
4,357 Choose Your Own Adventure Land 1%
4,217 Adventure Gaming 1%
3,559 inXile Entertainment 0%
3,211 Sports and Fitness 0%
3,162 Iron Tower Studio 0%
3,154 Codex Workshop 0%
2,232 Giftstravaganza 0%
2,006 Prosperium 0%
2,001 No Malarkey! 0%
1,924 The Leisure Zone 0%
1,458 Piranha Bytes 0%
1,123 Golden Era Games 0%
828 Space Games 0%
662 Administration™ 0%
608 MP Gaming 0%
439 Contact Us (RPGCodex)! 0%
353 The Boar Studio 0%
284 ToEE Modding 0%
195 RPG Codex Content 0%
185 Prelude To Darkness 0%
119 Expeditions 0%
79 Prisonscape 0%
58 Ash of Gods 0%
55 Teudogar and the Alliance with Rome 0%
40 The cRPG Player's Handbook 0%
39 The Cabal 0%
14 StarLife 0%
2 TCancer News & Content Comments 0%
1 What Remains 0%
786,320 TOTAL POSTS

We've also been invaded by Poles. Although this is a side issue and in no way relevant to the conversation topic here.

A suggestion has been made that to ensure our RPG focus, we split the politics off into its own site. With political news. Focussed on politics. Entirely separate from the RPG Codex. With its own forum, domain name, and user registration required. Run under similar rules, but probably with a few extra in order to stop it from turning into StormFront Lite.

Political discussion then simply wouldn't exist on the RPG Codex. The forums would be focussed on gaming only. In fact there may not even be a General Discussion, with all of that pushed over to an entirely separate site (or a limited GD with anyone wanting to engage in politics being directed over).
That's just asking for problems with the political site. The only reason the Codex has lasted this long is because of the RPG "front".

If you make a political site, it will have a massive target painted on it. Which might not scare you, until you realize the metric ton of shit other political sites must deal with, like activists posting CP to get them banned by their webhosts or forum raids.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Recent global geopolitical events along with our generally more lazy approach to "free speech" (or at least more free speech than other places give you), have resulted in a steady rise of political discussion here on the RPG Codex. To the extent that some have recently expressed concern that the RPG aspect is being lost in the politics.

Statistics show that since 1 Jan 2020, there have been 786,320 new posts made on the Codex. This represents 11% of the total 7,077,829 posts made in the entire 19 year history of the Codex.

Of those 786,320 posts:

262,124 (33%) in the various RPG forums (including News & Content, and Developer / Hosted sub-forums)
222,040 (28%) in Off-Topic Forums (excluding Politics)
184,209 (23%) in Politics, God & The Wealth of Nations and its two sub-forums
116,610 (15%) in the General Gaming forums
1,337 (0%) in Administration which oddly, happened entirely by chance

View attachment 18887

Of note, as a single forum, Politics out performs every other individual forum, including GD. If you include the two sub-forums, it out-performs GD by almost 50,000 posts. This is despite the requirement that to even see the forum, you must have been a member for at least 12 months.

Posts Forum %
136,802 Politics, God & The Wealth of Nations 17%
130,531 General Discussion 17%
95,686 General RPG Discussion 12%
59,765 General Gaming 8%
45,406 MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN 6%
34,909 Codex Public Library 4%
29,094 Owlcat Games 4%
27,988 Retardo Land 4%
24,090 Larian Studios 3%
22,820 CD Projekt Red 3%
20,235 jRPG Weeaboo Discussion 3%
16,610 Gaming Drama 2%
15,598 Strategy and Simulation 2%
14,994 News & Content Feedback 2%
10,739 Site Feedback 1%
10,732 SCIENCE!! 1%
10,311 Obsidian Entertainment 1%
7,410 BioWare 1%
7,294 Codex Playground 1%
7,244 MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion 1%
6,809 The Gazebo 1%
5,101 Tactical Gaming 1%
4,937 Underrail 1%
4,850 Bethesda Game Studios 1%
4,357 Choose Your Own Adventure Land 1%
4,217 Adventure Gaming 1%
3,559 inXile Entertainment 0%
3,211 Sports and Fitness 0%
3,162 Iron Tower Studio 0%
3,154 Codex Workshop 0%
2,232 Giftstravaganza 0%
2,006 Prosperium 0%
2,001 No Malarkey! 0%
1,924 The Leisure Zone 0%
1,458 Piranha Bytes 0%
1,123 Golden Era Games 0%
828 Space Games 0%
662 Administration™ 0%
608 MP Gaming 0%
439 Contact Us (RPGCodex)! 0%
353 The Boar Studio 0%
284 ToEE Modding 0%
195 RPG Codex Content 0%
185 Prelude To Darkness 0%
119 Expeditions 0%
79 Prisonscape 0%
58 Ash of Gods 0%
55 Teudogar and the Alliance with Rome 0%
40 The cRPG Player's Handbook 0%
39 The Cabal 0%
14 StarLife 0%
2 TCancer News & Content Comments 0%
1 What Remains 0%
786,320 TOTAL POSTS

We've also been invaded by Poles. Although this is a side issue and in no way relevant to the conversation topic here.

That's just asking for problems with the political site. The only reason the Codex has lasted this long is because of the RPG "front".

If you make a political site, it will have a massive target painted on it. Which might not scare you, until you realize the metric ton of shit other political sites must deal with, like activists posting CP to get them banned by their webhosts or forum raids.

Yep, even if they do split the site, and the other site starts to get raided with illegal stuff and shut down.

The mob would soon turn its attention back to the traditional rpgcodex. Splitting the site would be the end of the rpgcodex.

Mustawd

If someone mentions (for example), that female characters are ugly in a game, is that suddenly going to be declared a political topic and purged? Are gaming "politics" (even though it's been established many of those "politics" are directly relevant in discussion of game quality) going to be split between the two sites?

I think the idea is mostly that ppl can still mention politics, as it relates to games. However, there are some ppl on this forum whose sole reason for being here is politics. If the gaming forum can retardo part of a thread that's getting off topic due to politics, that'd be great IMO.

Let's be honest here. The politically obsessed will just move on from the gaming forum eventually.

On the other hand, they should also retardo all off topic gaming discussion in the politics forum. Fair is fair.

Mustawd

The mob would soon turn its attention back to the traditional rpgcodex.

Attention to do what? Post about games? The idea is that there are no politics threads or forums. All of it gets retardo'ed (in my version of the split). If they end up posting about games, then great. What's the problem? If they start creating politics threads, then retardo the thread, prosper or ban the users after repeated missteps. What's the problem?

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
If someone mentions (for example), that female characters are ugly in a game, is that suddenly going to be declared a political topic and purged? Are gaming "politics" (even though it's been established many of those "politics" are directly relevant in discussion of game quality) going to be split between the two sites?

I think the idea is mostly that ppl can still mention politics, as it relates to games. However, there are some ppl on this forum whose sole reason for being here is politics. If the gaming forum can retardo part of a thread that's getting off topic due to politics, that'd be great IMO.

Let's be honest here. The politically obsessed will just move on from the gaming forum eventually.

On the other hand, they should also retardo all off topic gaming discussion in the politics forum. Fair is fair.

Disagree.

If you think this site is safe once the mob comes for any codex affiliates, you are wrong.

As you so aptly mentioned, there are tons of stuff the woke mob considers nazi-tier racist floating around the older threads of the codex. I doubt anybody wants to sift through all that nonsense to clean it out, and even if they did, it wouldn't matter.

The site would be brigaded with illegal content and shut down, as has been happening all over the web.

In closing,

PDPOVBt.jpg

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
The mob would soon turn its attention back to the traditional rpgcodex.

Attention to do what? Post about games? The idea is that there are no politics threads or forums. All of it gets retardo'ed (in my version of the split). If they end up posting about games, then great. What's the problem? If they start creating politics threads, then retardo the thread, prosper or ban the users after repeated missteps. What's the problem?

The problem is that games are inherently political these days.

You can choose to ignore that, as many lefties do, but trying to ban "politics" is just gonna make a huge mess for the administrators and moderators. Then the site will head in the direction of every other gaming forum, where anybody who disagrees with some aspect of wokeness in a game gets the axe. Then you truly do have an echo chamber and hug box.

Lambach

Arcane
Note that the only people who are vehemently opposed to the concept of talking politics in vidya threads are the exact same people who love choking on black cock 24/7 are personally in agreement with the political/social messaging being actively inserted, and dare I say, hamfisted, into virtually every relevant release nowadays (and going back several years).

So no, guys, you're not really in favor of splitting politics from vidya, you're actually in favor of splitting only political opinions that hurt your little butts from vidya.

To whit, may I suggest you migrate here?

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Is the search function broken for everyone else too? Makes me wonder if someone or some group is already trying to cancel the Codex and the administration is making moves to obscure the racist/reactionary content as much as possible, hence this proposition to split the site in two.

It’s not a good idea, splitting the site won’t save us.

Lambach

Arcane
Is the search function broken for everyone else too? Makes me wonder if someone or some group is already trying to cancel the Codex and the administration is making moves to obscure the racist/reactionary content as much as possible, hence this proposition to split the site in two.

It’s not a good idea, splitting the site won’t save us.

Infinitron is probably very upset he can't get his 30 pieces of silver shilling for Obsidian's latest mediocre pile of crap here now that the Codex is a US Government-recognized official gathering place for the KKK or the alt-right or Neo-Nazis or whoop-de-fucking-do and has kidnapped DU's pet kangaroo to force him into compliance.

Dark days ahead, I'm afraid. :negative:

Generic-Giant-Spider

I just want a site I can come to, discuss games I like and shit on many games I dislike and call people racial slurs.

That's all.

Maybe have some BIG TITTIED GIRLS around.

That's all.

Free Maxie too.

That's all.

Call Malamert a creampie licking fag.

That's all.

Zanzoken

Arcane
Well shieeeet, looks like it already begun.

It's been an honor shitposting with you, lads. :salute:

theres-a-new-avengers-infinity-war-meme-and-its-h-2-14082-1525368436-1_dblbig.jpg

Same thing happened to me. My posts aren't gone, but you can't find them using the search function anymore.

I clicked on a few random user profiles and the only content anyone has is from the last few hours. Looks like it's a sitewide thing.

Zanzoken

Arcane
Also fwiw I like the GD / Politics forums, as well as Polish people. Would be disappointed to see either of them go.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom