Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

Tytus

Arcane
I can't put 8 Garrus Vakarians in, so it's shit.

Garrus_Effect.jpg

You mean like this? You degenerate.

Vorark

Erudite

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I flipped through the pdf art book for ME2, it's got some cool trivia and art. Too bad there isn't an art book for ME1, that would be more interesting because they were making the universe then instead of just adding to it with ME2.

Larianshill

Arbiter
I like to cite those two videos when I argue that Mass Effect 2 sucks.

12 companions. One opinion on everything to share between them, with only minor differences in how they say it.

Lacrymas

Arcane
There aren't many different opinions on this kind of beating, though. Would you like a crew member who says "yeah, let him suffer, regardless of context, I'm lovin' it"? The problem is not that it's edgy, it is that too don't get me wrong, but that you can't trust a person who says that ever. Those kinds of people are like rabid/wild animals, you can't ever trust they won't pounce on you at any given moment. It's the same thing if you yourself are a serial killer and someone else is okay with that. You can't ever trust that someone else because you don't know what they are capable of.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Why does Zaeed, a man whose loyalty mission is so fucked up, you can leave him to die, have strong opinions on torture? Why does Archangel, a man who killed a drug dealer by applying drugs to his eyes, have strong opinions on torture? Why does Samara, a character who was using, let's say enhanced interrogation tactics, in the first few seconds we've seen her, have any opinion on torture?
That's incidental, by the way, torture specifically isn't a big deal to me. The companions react to everything else the same way too. See the first video.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why does Zaeed, a man whose loyalty mission is so fucked up, you can leave him to die, have strong opinions on torture? Why does Archangel, a man who killed a drug dealer by applying drugs to his eyes, have strong opinions on torture? Why does Samara, a character who was using, let's say enhanced interrogation tactics, in the first few seconds we've seen her, have any opinion on torture?
That's incidental, by the way, torture specifically isn't a big deal to me. The companions react to everything else the same way too. See the first video.

Pretty classic example of SJW writers not being able to consider other perspectives. They can only ever write different shades of themselves.

Not to say that torture is good (or necessarily inherently bad), but a good writer should be able to create characters with different perspectives of it.

Lacrymas

Arcane
There aren't many different opinions on this kind of beating, though. Would you like a crew member who says "yeah, let him suffer, regardless of context, I'm lovin' it"?
Yes.

We need more evil companions in RPGs, dammit.
Sure, but only when the context allows for such. Being in a military organization in which you are virtually required to trust your companions 100% doesn't really foster such things.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Sure, but only when the context allows for such. Being in a military organization in which you are virtually required to trust your companions 100% doesn't really foster such things.
We're talking about ME2, brah. It's the game where evil companions would fit the most. There was Morinth, but they barely wrote anything for her (and then they unceremoniously killed her off in ME3).

Caim

Arcane
Just noticed that they renamed Mass Effect 1 and 2 in Steam to Mass Effect (2007) and Mass Effect 2 (2010). That's one way to do that I guess.

Lacrymas

Arcane
We're talking about ME2, brah. It's the game where evil companions would fit the most. There was Morinth, but they barely wrote anything for her (and then they unceremoniously killed her off in ME3).
But none of them are "fuck yeah! Let's torture the homeless! wohoooooo!". Well, except maybe Morinth, but you get what you deserve with her - you get killed by having sex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom