Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Perkel

Arcane
how new player experience looks like. You kind of understand why they get so much money.

edit: Someone should get myobi access to SC. It will be hilarious to read his post. I have 100$ from melted gifted package but fucker at cig don't allow more than 30$ transfer to gift which means no package.

Myobi

Liturgist
Someone should get myobi access to SC. It will be hilarious to read his post. I have 100$ from melted gifted package but fucker at cig don't allow more than 30$ transfer to gift which means no package.

I'm sure Alexander DeLarge won't mind, mother fucker will probably be really happy to have a new excuse to throw more cash at papa Chris.

Ebonsword

Arcane
They are burning nothing, 10 years and "hundreds" of staff... for a alpha tech demo? Oh right, is cuz they keep redo everything lol, yes believe that.
Paying salaries is quite real spending. And they do pay salaries and have a ridiculously large team. If anything, it is clear they are throwing money like crazy at this mismanaged product. Money laundering doesn't work like that.

Money laundering *does* work like that if most of those hundreds of people on staff aren't real.

ADL

Prophet
Fuck yeah I would. Just upgraded from an Aurora ($37 pledge) to an Avenger Titan ($65 pledge) a week or two ago so an extra $30 would get me up to the Cutlass Black which is the best overall ship in the game. I'm sick of borrowing my friend's Cutlass.

Perkel

Arcane
Why would you do that though ? I mean what is the point of playing if you buy better ship via cash rather than "earn it" while playing game.

Someone gifted me SC package with cutless and aurora 150$, I melted it down and got SC basic package with aurora and SQ42 access instead and that left me about 100$ in store credit which i can't even use since you can't send gifts with in store credit without buying half of something with real money.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Why would you do that though ? I mean what is the point of playing if you buy better ship via cash rather than "earn it" while playing game.

Someone gifted me SC package with cutless and aurora 150$, I melted it down and got SC basic package with aurora and SQ42 access instead and that left me about 100$ in store credit which i can't even use since you can't send gifts with in store credit without buying half of something with real money.
Because you earn them by working in real world,that is next level simulation gamez!!!

Myobi

Liturgist

Spending money in order to spend money.

Chris, you mad genius...

ADL

Prophet
Gives me an opportunity to spend my UEC on weapons, armor and best in class ships in other archetypes. I want to get a racer with in game currency.

Cutlass is just the overall "best ship" because it does almost everything well.

Myobi

Liturgist
Gives me an opportunity to spend my UEC on weapons, armor and best in class ships in other archetypes. I want to get a racer with in game currency.

Cutlass is just the overall "best ship" because it does almost everything well.

No, no, no, you buy those with real cash too, be a good boy to papa Chris.

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
Star Citizen's freeplay event is live for the next two weeks if any of you nerds want to check it out after Elite Dangerous Odyssey bombed.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Star Citizen alpha vs Elite Dangerous Oddysey

Guess which one is which

unknown.png

Perkel

Arcane
Seems like from patch to patch lately they improve both stability and performance. I started testing it with 3.9 and 3.9 was barely playable. Today i decided to give it a spin and i finished 5 hours session without any crash or huge problem. I got only 2 bugs. One i feel through planet on cargo box pickup near crash site and mission objectives didn't update properly and coudln't deliver one of the boxes i had on ship. Overall smooth sailing.

Which is weird considering their servers should be hammered by free flight week.

Perkel

Arcane
Neat.

Turns out when you take out bandits you can strip them out of their weapons. Previously i thought that those weapons would just vanish on relogin but i logged again and now i have whole armory of P4s shotguns and so on from two missions. This way you don't need to buy for cash weapons once you get killed.

I thought that they would vanish after re-logging.

-----------------------------------------------

I finally got around 800k total and bough myself Aegis Avenger Titan for 789k. That 800k is something i worked for about 12-15 hours total i think.

I switched from Aurora MR starting ship. Which was nice but kind of small with barely any room for any transport. It had 4xS1 weapons and 2xS1 missiles mounts.

Now i spent like 2 hours playing with Avenger and for sure my time to kill basically halved especially against cutlasses on missions which previously required a lot of ammunition before they would get destroyed, so now i can do those higher paid missions. In those 2 hours i made around 250k which is a lot compared to previous grind for money.

-----------------------------------------------

Saw fleet at Everus Harbor and yikes. 15 fps. Went for a tour and first time in SC history it felt like they finished something. Characters didn't glitch out, they responded well, animations were working and they would correctly speak to you or other people rather than starring at nothing.

Myobi

Liturgist
"It seems this patch improves both stability and performance big time! Oh, I saw something moving on my screen and now my game turned into a power point presentation"

Fuck dude, is the Legatus pack still up for sale?! I'm so on this damn thing now.

Perkel

Arcane
"It seems this patch improves both stability and performance big time! Oh, I saw something moving on my screen and now my game turned into a power point presentation"

The fleet thing is concetration of UAE navy which travels around stanton system which tanks framerate if you are near since there are a lot of big ships. Other than that my FPS has been the best since i started testing this shit.

AN4RCHID

Arcane

Surprise update on the dynamic economy system

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom