Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The List of Incline - 2021 Edition

Which of these games are you looking forward to? (multiple responses allowed)

• Total voters

Thonius

Arcane
Totally forgot about copper dreams... They changed name right?

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Totally forgot about copper dreams... They changed name right?
upload_2021-3-7_16-9-6.png

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Buddy Simulator 1984 is worth checking out. I would not call the gameplay mechanics good, and it started to feel like a slog even though it only takes 6~ hours to finish, but the experience is special. I was expecting some spooky horror game, but it's different. I'll visit Buddy again some day.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1269950/Buddy_Simulator_1984/

After completing it once, I just watched youtube videos for the other 3 endings, and read the guide for the data file content (for some reason I wasn't able to dig them up in game).

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Damn that list looks shit.

Underrail the only one which has me slightly excited.

Colony Ship and Saregnar should be exciting if you like cRPG, they're the ones i'm exited about anyway.

Archaelund and Urban Strife might turn out great too but I'm still on the fence about them for now.

Last edited:

Falksi

Arcane

Colony Ship and Saregnar should be exciting if you like cRPG, they're the ones i'm exited about anyway.

Archaelund and Urban Strife might turn out great too but I'm still on the fence about them for now.

I've been let down by too many toss wannabe nu-X-com games lately to get hyped for Colony Ship. In particular, I'm not keen on some of the combat vids I've seen.

Saregnar's Krondor-esqness looks nice though.

If you're not excited about Monomyth we need to check you for a pulse.

Tbf it does look groovy, but it also looks a bit one-dimension too. Interested, but not excited.

Takamori

Learned

I've been let down by too many toss wannabe nu-X-com games lately to get hyped for Colony Ship. In particular, I'm not keen on some of the combat vids I've seen.

Tbf it does look groovy, but it also looks a bit one-dimension too. Interested, but not excited.

Try the demo on steam for real, spent almost 24 hours on it, at least for me it was damn fun (Colony Ship). Also far away from being an "x-com", since squads are not a must, you can play Lone Wolf if you build your character properly.

Brujoloco

Educated
So many great games and I am totally out of the loop!

To be honest only game I knew anything about was Colony Ship due to me being a huge fanboi of Age of Decadence and following the devs.

But really digging so many new releases!

Falksi

Arcane

Try the demo on steam for real, spent almost 24 hours on it, at least for me it was damn fun (Colony Ship). Also far away from being an "x-com", since squads are not a must, you can play Lone Wolf if you build your character properly.

Yeah, prob will with this one. I normally like to avoid demos so the full experience hits us in full, but makes sense here.

mkultra

Augur
Absolutely nothing on that list, it's a mix of SJW shit and 8-bit/90's graphics 6/10-game indies which aren't worth the effort. There's perhaps 2 i will try. RPG's are in a sad state when almost everything i'm interested in are remakes etc.

ELEX 2
Elden Ring
System Shock remake
Gothic remake
Mass Effect Trilogy (i've only played the first when it came out, KOTOR 1 it wasnt but...)
System Shock 2 Enhanced
King's Bounty II
Diablo 2 remake (will ISO demo, fuck Blizz and anyone who works for them.)

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom