Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The one thing that I'm really annoyed is that, apparently, these people worked on a HoMM title, yet they didn't think of a pre-fight/post-fight save system. Ugh...

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
I like how they gave the companions proper stats that a normal person would pick and the Owlcat fabois went "REEEEE OMG SO OP REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

OTOH, party selection remains odd. They give you a zen archer but also a fighter specced for archery; that's not redundant or anything.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
The one thing that I'm really annoyed is that, apparently, these people worked on a HoMM title, yet they didn't think of a pre-fight/post-fight save system. Ugh...

You get a pre-fight autosave.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
My Camellia doesn't have Fencing Grace and I didn't get Keen. I use her more as a caster and keep only Paladindu and Spidergirl for melee.

Battle Spirit + Weapon Enchanting should probably be your first clue. You can use her for licking your ass if you want but don’t go complaining about RNG if you’re just determined to suck.
I find more utility in spending her turns casting the Evil Eye debuff or Entangle, than chipping away a couple of HP at a time while being exposed to being one/two shotted by nearly every serious enemy.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Core.

Everyting i had open. Except Kaylessa. I let her go first time and never seen her again. Got level 6 in the middle of final dungeon.
If you did all the side content on Core with one rest, what did you use for healing?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
My Camellia doesn't have Fencing Grace and I didn't get Keen. I use her more as a caster and keep only Paladindu and Spidergirl for melee.

Battle Spirit + Weapon Enchanting should probably be your first clue. You can use her for licking your ass if you want but don’t go complaining about RNG if you’re just determined to suck.
I find more utility in spending her turns casting the Evil Eye debuff or Entangle, than chipping away a couple of HP at a time while being exposed to being one/two shotted by nearly every serious enemy.

For God’s sake she has infinite AC what are you even doing?

Humbaba

Arcane
Question: If I roll a male Hagbound does Hag Transformation literally genderbend him into a female or does he just become a male hag? I'm asking because apparently male hags don't exist and I don't wanna play a transformer.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
upload_2021-9-6_2-22-14.png

Based gnome - I can only assume it'll turn out he has a gay son or something in his backstory quest.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Question: If I roll a male Hagbound does Hag Transformation literally genderbend him into a female or does he just become a male hag? I'm asking because apparently male hags don't exist and I don't wanna play a transformer.

Since there is only model for female hags... You will assume the model of a female hag.

------

EDIT : While Larian believes that 8d6 in a game where CR 4 creatures has hundreds of hit points is OP, OwlCat allows me to dish 480 damage in a AoE spell(which heals my party too)

UEdy9p8.png

Here is only the numbers(with the boss name hiden to not spoil anyone who doesn't wanna spoilers)

NpN5iNg.png

And lastly, yes. My portrait disappeared by no reason. I din't did the lich transformation because I don't wanna and this attribute damaging is a mythic path ability.

Last edited:

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
-Everyone gets 1 level of beast rider so we call ride dinosaurs everywhere

-Is there a way to work 'pounce' into a cavalier build to make full attacks while charging? (Barb Beast Totem?)

-No ride-by attack :|

-Why is Wendaug a fighter? Slayer or Rogue makes more sense.

Last edited:

jf8350143

Liturgist
Run into a odd bug that prevent you from pressing esc to call out the menu. Restart the game solves it but still can't figure out how it was triggered.

The siege at the end of chapter 2 is cool and all, but it took way too long to finish. What's the point of having an army if I have to do everything from clearing the guards to open the door.

Also the auto save is really bad, I get my ass kicked by the cultist summoning a big ass demon in the basement, and now I'm back to two hours ago.

Last edited:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
It’s not harder than Beta. I don’t get people spamming a first level spell and doing zero damage and saying “well, this game design sucks.”

It’s painful alright, but not in my butt. Do you phags want mindless faceroll?

I dunno, I beat the whole Seige of Drezen without resting once in the beta on Core (with difficulties at the end), but now I'm struggling getting by the beginning without using the spells I'm saving for the end.
There's a bunch more spellcasters and level drain than I remember, though it has been a while. Could be I'm willfully blocking out the difficulties I had.

It’s designed for seven rests or so no reason to go quite that hardcore. I’m going to try to Parkour it this time to cut down on the wear and tear. If I can get Aru early enough maybe can skip most fights.

Encounter design is so much better overall in WotR compared to Kingmaker, but I do wish they'd limited rests a bit more in the big setpiece battles. It'd feel more like PnP that way, I think.
I'm only playing on Core (as I was in the Alpha), but clearing the Garrison without resting (because I thought I couldn't) and the Siege of Drezen on 1 rest felt like real accomplishments.
Either way, game's still great.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yep. Played as a non lifer and 52.8 hours later, completed the game.

Now I will go sleep. Tomorrow I need to work and work out in the gym more to compensate the two days which I skipped last week. My last screenshot from a long time.

hhq3aj3.png

So far I din't experienced a lot of bugs in my run. But rushed a lot and din't did companions side quest, disabled the crusade in ch 5 and honestly, had a very rushed run... I will wait till the game gets more patches and will do a completionist run in core difficulty. It will probably lasts about 85 hours with it.

I say that I prefer high level stuff in CRPG(and mid level in P&P) but this game is too "epic" even for me in late chapters. The first time that you see a skyscraper sized demon is impressive but the 666th time isn't. To be honest, I had most fun in chapter 2, 3 and the beginning of 4. The game portraited the Abyss well IMO.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
You know, Stinking Cloud is a very very good spell now. I don't know why, you certainly wouldn't think it, but apparently gargoyles and raging minotaurs can still be stopped by a bit of a stanky poo poo smell.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Every quest with this buck has this sodomite dialogue line. It's always near the top of the list.
Lmao did you picked the romance line in the lost chapel? Cause I didn't get that line when doing his gambler quest.

I don't think so. I picked what seemed like just a normal friendly line.
Well that explains it.
WotR is an extremely realistic game, so if you express a "normal friendly" sentiment towards the gays, they will attempt to take advantage and force you into the faggot lifestyle.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Remember in CRPGs choosing the nice options ups your chance of being ambushed by a cock in your mouth.

Why, me giving you this friendly advice has upped my chances now of you orally forcing yourself on me if we go by the rules.

FriendlyMerchant

Every quest with this buck has this sodomite dialogue line. It's always near the top of the list.
Lmao did you picked the romance line in the lost chapel? Cause I didn't get that line when doing his gambler quest.

Well that explains it.
WotR is an extremely realistic game, so if you express a "normal friendly" sentiment towards the gays, they will attempt to take advantage and force you into the faggot lifestyle.
I always also worried that the hostile response would've done even worse knowing how homosexuals operate via completely hedonistic sexual degeneracy.

Sheepherder

Augur
Fucked around with Grenadier+Trickster some more. Bomb AoE damage doesn't seem to be able to crit, only direct damage can. Ah well. Also, even if I have the Improved Improved Improved Critical, which increases the multiplier by 1, bombs still use the x2 multiplier. So it's bugged.

Right now Lich is superior to Trickster for Grenadier, because one of its feats applies Negative Energy damage bonus to bomb AoE damage. Trickster does have Microscopic Proportions, which for some reason stacks with Reduced Person, when applying extra DEX for a total of +8 DEX.

Acrux

Arcane
If I totally ignore companions and go with custom mercs will I miss out on any really good items or upgrades from companion quests?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom