Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
None of them are good.
Seems like this is almost always the conclusion when I'm looking for a game to play lol
If you want recommendations for newer titles, I've been playing Trials of Fire and Warhammer 40k Gladius a lot lately and would totally recommend them. Outside of these, Gloomhaven is also very good, but I haven't been playing it much because I play it with a friend who doesn't have a lot of time. As for older titles, I've only been playing some Tomb Raider and Age of Mythology lately, but if you haven't given them a try do it.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I'd never compare DK 1-2 vs these three games. They're not even close to the same. There are other newer games that try to be DK (I tend to ignore these like Dungeons 1-3, war of the overlord, etc).

I do have Warlord 1-2 somewhere. I forget what this genre is even called but I always feel Populous was one of the few inspirations amongst a few other management games that made DK come to be.

DD/VAM/Iratus are just time plinkers I hardly take serious. Boredom yes. I guess I could play Lemmings or Worms instead.

The September RPG month has started and I notice entries that seem irksome by some companies. Divinity 1-2 looks to have 2 new categories and Kingmaker and Wrath have a few ultra packages. When I compare it with the pre-order it seems like shit is missing in the pre-order.

There are times the completionist in me gets annoyed.

I noticed the manual for the geneforge remaster is in the cluebook package. That's a bit retarded but seems par for the vogel course (not that the game is all that complicated).

I guess each week will bring something new.

if you want to try a game that's simple and free the try Crypt Wizard.

Last edited:

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
it's a low rent xcom/commandos clone. i can personally suggest elite force 1, 2, bridge commander, and starfleet command 3. it's surprising to see starfleet command 3 on gog since activision's star trek license expired shortly after it was released and they had to stop producing copies of it

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Last edited by a moderator:

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Oooo, Starfleet Command 3 is out, I remember that being a bitch to get working these days. An issue I curiously also remember plaguing Away Team and that 4X game. My memory of Away Team is fuzzy, but I remember going in expecting something like Jagged Alliance and getting something that wasn't, and being greatly disappointed because of that. Also couldn't get used to playing it, but that could just be because young me couldn't figure out stealth mechanics.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer

Should be a give-away instead. Who is still buying into this trash genre?

No gameplay, shitty art, shitty humour, and puzzles and stories from pretentious retards who think they're smart and/or funny. No thanks, I'd rather die than play, let alone buy, any of these low-effort cash-grabs.
Oh crap!........Gotta HIDE!
:backawayslowly:
HMMM .... Tokyo Xanadu $12. 80% off. Is that JRPG ... ok?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
They did with older ones. October sale then November sales and finally holiday/winter sale. Actually, there have been a ton of sales. Maybe a Star Wars/Trek sale.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I was never into Star Trek (not out of any specific reason, i just never watched the series) but i remember playing Elite Force at some point. Wishlisted them.

I'd like to see Klingon Honor Guard and The Fall too, i remember playing demos of these years ago.

catfood

AGAIN
I was never into Star Trek (not out of any specific reason, i just never watched the series) but i remember playing Elite Force at some point. Wishlisted them.

I'd like to see Klingon Honor Guard and The Fall too, i remember playing demos of these years ago.
Yeah, I played the Klingon demo too. I seem to remember it was a competent 90's shooter, but it's been 20 years since then so my memory is fuzzy about it.

fork

Should be a give-away instead. Who is still buying into this trash genre?

No gameplay, shitty art, shitty humour, and puzzles and stories from pretentious retards who think they're smart and/or funny. No thanks, I'd rather die than play, let alone buy, any of these low-effort cash-grabs.

Anyone of you cretins who gave this post naughty buttons, come forth with some arguments defending this shit genre! Why should I play one of these aweful non-games, which are even worse than modern walking sims? What are they better at than real games with actual gameplay? The stories are worse than even the worst novels or even RPGs, the art is worse than even the worst comics, the humour is worse than modern stand-up comedy (except female, but who uses them as a standard), the puzzles are always some kind of moon-logic, because they're the only thing that could be called gameplay with some good will and the devs feel they need to make the gameplay somewhat profound, because nothing else is about this lowest form of 'entertainment' (calling these abominations 'torture' would be more fitting, eventhough people seem to subject themselves willingly).

Worst genre ever.

fork

You convinced me right there.

In case you retards didn't notice, you're playing these 'games' after all: this was sarcasm.

Edit:
How about some arguments, Taluntain? That shit meme is all you got in your brain? Doesn't surprise me tbh. Kinda off topic, but didn't you raise money to update the forum software? That still coming?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom