Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
You know, a Lauravania would be fine if done right. A Laura Gear (maybe Laura Gear solid but TR seems close enough) would also be acceptable. Laura shooter bullet hell.... meh ...NO! Laura Doom? Eh..... Laura on Lily 69 .. probably already done.

Laura Rogue almost looked ok. This shit can be done but generally "FREE" phone games are shit. And yeah, make her assets good not some woke reduction bobblehead shit.
Who is Laura?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Her sister?? Maybe... a psychologist? Dunno why I had that on the brain and not Lara.

It was first changed to Lara(which is the name used in the prototype stories) due to Americans not being able to pronounce Laura, and Cruz was later replaced with British name Croft, which was picked out of the phone book. Change in the backstory molded the character into the Lara Croft we now know.
Professions: Tomb Raider; Mercenary
https://tombraider.fandom.com › wiki
Laura Cruz | Lara Croft Wiki | Fandom
Tomb Raider ver 4
Lara Cruz enjoys working with underprivileged children and the mentally disabled. She has a degree in needle work, and loves to travel. Lara's one wish is to ski down Everest with Brian Blessed strapped to her back [5]
chl41mK.png

Last edited:

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
What? Americans don't know how to pronounce Laura? Is there something I've missed or is there some big divide across the Atlantic over how to pronounce it? Because I've heard more people mispronounce Lara as Laura than the other way around.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Ah, it turns out they mean they couldn't pronounce the Spanish/Latin American version of Laura, not the anglophone one. She was originally supposed to be from an unknown country in South America.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
https://www.gamefront.com/games/gam...games-could-be-re-released-on-gog-galaxy-soon

A number of classic Trek games, including Star Trek Armada 1 & 2, Star Trek Bridge Commander, and Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force and Elite Force 2 could be due for re-release on GOG Galaxy in the near future, with the game cards for titles on the platform recently being updated with new CBS copyright watermarks.

The spot was made by one of our community members, who noted that the imagery on the game cards had been updated within the last 24 hours, and all of them now show a new copyright watermark with the CBS and ARR marks. While CBS is the current rights holder to Star Trek, the franchise was still wholly owned under Paramount back when these games were originally released.

that would be nice... ST will celebrate 55th anniversary in September, hope they will re-relase them in that month

Anyone remember Away Team? I always try some old tactical games.
Still waiting for Shadow Company...

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
https://www.gamefront.com/games/gam...games-could-be-re-released-on-gog-galaxy-soon

A number of classic Trek games, including Star Trek Armada 1 & 2, Star Trek Bridge Commander, and Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force and Elite Force 2 could be due for re-release on GOG Galaxy in the near future, with the game cards for titles on the platform recently being updated with new CBS copyright watermarks.

The spot was made by one of our community members, who noted that the imagery on the game cards had been updated within the last 24 hours, and all of them now show a new copyright watermark with the CBS and ARR marks. While CBS is the current rights holder to Star Trek, the franchise was still wholly owned under Paramount back when these games were originally released.

that would be nice... ST will celebrate 55th anniversary in September, hope they will re-relase them in that month

Hopefully we are going to see release of Star Trek: Birth of the Federation.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth

Hopefully we are going to see release of Star Trek: Birth of the Federation.

there's a source port of that star trek 4x, but the last time i tried that, it was plagued with significant graphical artifacting. you may not experience it since it may be specific to AMD video cards, which have always had poor OpenGL support

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Ah, it turns out they mean they couldn't pronounce the Spanish/Latin American version of Laura, not the anglophone one. She was originally supposed to be from an unknown country in South America.
That makes sense, since there are three "R" sounds in Spanish, and unless you've read up on it (or know the language), you're going to assume all their "R"s are rolled. The "R" there would be more like a "D" or "TT" sound in American English. (this issue also plagues the Japanese "R" sound) Though since this game would be voiced, just like the finished product is, I would think they'd have someone say her name early on so that doesn't become an issue.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
As we end the Summer Sales another one takes its place.

RPG Month ‍♂️ Flash deals and new releases. I clicked it... is it GOG GALAXY? I waited a day too long and the new ADOM is full price now so PASS. Dunno why I thought gamedec was released.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
IIratus is 75% off for the first time I believe and ATOM rpg is 40% off which again I think is historically low

BTW the Iratus' dlcs are on sale too but not the Supporter and Necromancer edtions who include them so if anyone wants them will have to buy them all separately

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Iratus & Atom. I've really been looking at reviews on these here and other places. Cheap so maybe worth it.

I take it Necromancer Edition is pointless since its just extra skins, music, and a guide?

Atom reviews say its a bit slow.

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Iratus & Atom. I've really been looking at reviews on these here and other places. Cheap so maybe worth it.

I take it Necromancer Edition is pointless since its just extra skins, music, and a guide?

Atom reviews say its a bit slow.

Iratus is not really good, it's kinda fun at the very beginning but after the first map, it's just the same shit all over again, I stopped at the beginning of the last one, builds were complete and it didn't have anything else to offer.

The second last was already a pain and i forced myself to get through it.

ATOM is a solid choice though.
A bit slow? in which regard?
It's fine, if you play it on a toaster like me, just start with the video options and you know the drill.

There was only one sluggish combat (the fortress with the statue quest) but it was fixed last time i played.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Ah, then I shouldn't have issue then. It and the expansion DLC was dirt cheap. Are there any comparison vids of Atom vs Fargo's last two Wastelands? Strengths & weaknesses?

I guess Iratus is a type of game I'll play a half hour or so drinking coffee whike reading the paper. Maybe I'll play a bit of it side by side Vambrace: Cold Soul & Darkest Dungeon.

It will probably be the last of this type of game I purchase. The reverse style being the villain was the only huge appeal for me besides the crypt management. I felt a little bit of Wizardry 4 flashbacks in an obscure way.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Hmm...

Between Iratus, Darkest Dungeon, and Vambrace, if you chose to play only one of those, which one would it be?

Iratus seems like it has a much better theme to me, since you play the bad guys, but what do I know? Is it really worse than the others?

Darth Canoli

Arcane
There is no crypt management, you're the one exploring and if you get regular "heroes" as opponents at first, you get the usual monsters to fight later on, it's not awful but it's not a Turn-Based Dungeon keeper, far from it, it's real decline.

Darkest Dungeon isn't very good but it was a bit innovative when it came out and it has a great ambient, mostly, cool graphics, great SFX, great off-voice and intro scenes and interesting exploration mechanisms.
Interesting bosses too, if it wasn't so grindy and an plague manager, it would even be good enough.

Iratus is way way below this.

Dungeon Keeper > Dungeon Keeper 2 >>> Darkest Dungeon >>> Iratus

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I'll add Iratus is mostly about builds, you can try different builds for your team and as they gain experience real fast, you can try different builds for each type, that's the only fun part, combat is fine at first but it gets tiring way before the end of the first map (i think there is 4, i'm not sure, maybe five)

Lacrymas

Arcane
None of them are good. I've only really tried Darkest Dungeon, but it's too grindy to the point the cool aesthetics can't compensate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom