Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Is that bullet point list serious or a joke? 100 hours seems a joke about the difficulty, but the rest seem strange. 800 rooms seems like way more individual screens in the game, let alone rooms.
And apparently just like with Blood Omen they don't have the manual. Only that's a big problem in Elvira since you need that manual to make spells. If you can't make spells you can't win. Quality. Hell, walkthroughs are shit to a certain extent already because they don't really mention where you can get the ingredients because that's piracy. Really ruined my last playthrough.
No reason not to play these on ***UAE instead.
Kind of? Its been ages since I've played the DOS version, but I think the intro's different and the music's different from the Amiga/ST versions.

Last edited by a moderator:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I guess Nosgoth is dead? Pity.

Thank god for MOCAGH & ReplacementDocs.

We shouldn't have to dig at other sites. GoG needs to do its fucking homework and add that shit. Fuck, add the OST too. And ..

MAKE SURE THE FUCKING GAME WORKS WITHOUT ERRORS!

Last edited:

Denim Destroyer

Learned
GOG hasn't always been the greatest for including documents and other bonus materials from the original physical release. Sadly I cannot quite remember what game it was but there was one I purchased which was missing a poster and supplemental booklets that I know the physical version had, I think it was a space game.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
The easiest way to get scans of manuals and maps - just release the games without them and wait for fans to supply them free of charge.

Wizardry 7 on GOG has a terrible manual scan that has never been corrected, but you can find a much better scan on the Museum Of Computer Adventure Game History. Sadly there are many cases like that, where with a little bit of care they could have improved their offering without too much work. In the beginning, GOG really did care about stuff like that, but that time is long over.

spekkio

Arcane
Just quick info about Blood Omen.

Both Verok's GL Wrapper & Patch and HQ Sound Patch by NobleGas work fine with this release.

yI26ear.jpg

qg8VYGK.png

GoG added not only DirectDraw to DirectX wrapper (can be replaced with Verok's OGL wrapper), but also Direct Input to Xinput wrapper. Checked Xinput via x360ce (the new version, which allows you to disable DI "output" of your pad), and it works fine. My trusty '2004 Dual Shock 2 (tm) pad (+ cheap-ass USB adapter) works also without it OFC, in Direct Input mode. #bestofbothwords

Qulity release this time. :obviously:

Last edited:
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Kind of? Its been ages since I've played the DOS version, but I think the intro's different and the music's different from the Amiga/ST versions.

Amiga version is better due to the soundtrack being way better than for PC.
First part is rather straightforward, and people who aren't even blobber veterans can figure out what to do.
The sequel is more demanding from the player, since there are a lot of items, and you can reach dead end. Also there are too many enemies, especially the mines were tedious.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Sorry, I'm a bit out of the loop here. Do we still have GOG employees on the Codex? If yes, could you please tell me if Wiktoria is single?

Asking for a friend...
She might be, if you buy all her games collection from GOG and beat them.

Wiktoria Profile said:
This choice is the only choice, whether you chose to accept it or not. From Dusk till dawn till Kingdom Come, these games are the ultimate shot in the arm you need to become a GAMER.
Are you GAMER enough to get in the good graces of Wiktoria? Is it in your blood?

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom