Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 3 Remake - Nemesis has a nose now!!!

A horse of course

Your grievance has already been filed. Thank you, now kindly stfu.

I'm not done.

CRAPCOM cared more about appeasing RE4 fans than they did RE2 fans in the recent RE2 Remake. And how sad is that? Some of us had very little hope left that they could turn the ship around for this franchise and deliver what the original fans have been wanting for decades. But CRAPCOM didn't want to make the effort, didn't possess the talent, or didn't have the balls to change their boring formula they've been recycling over and over again for the past 15 years. And the reason they keep on doing it is because losers like you keep on buying it, singing it's praises, and shutting down anyone who criticizes the product.

You don't care about the qualities that made RE special to a lot of folks in the first place! So long as the game has shooting, stars Leon, or provides lots of Reddit material for you to jack off over you are content. I am not content, obviously. And I have the right to my opinion, so FUCK OFF!

RE2 had better controls and was far less linear than Resident Evil 4 though. It's unfortunate they abandoned fixed camera, but the design philosphy in RE2 is closer to the classic gnomes than virtually any other RE title shat out since 1999.

Drakortha

Liturgist
RE2 had better controls and was far less linear than Resident Evil 4 though. It's unfortunate they abandoned fixed camera, but the design philosphy in RE2 is closer to the classic gnomes than virtually any other RE title shat out since 1999.

RE2:REMAKE brought back some of the non-linear level design but that's it's only saving grace. It is ultimately a disappointment because it proved that CRAPCOM got cold feet. They stuck 1 foot into the pool, then got out. Now they have regressed again with RE3:REMAKE and now RE8:VILLAGE which is looking like complete popamole TRASH like RE4 was.

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

I played Revelations 2 while on my RE kick a month or so ago. I did not touch the story mode once, I checked out Raid Mode and ended up never escaping for 60 hours.

SumDrunkGuy

Raid Mode in Revelations 2 was dope. I played the shit out of it. Fantastic gameplay mechanics. The shooting and dodging made that game feel amazing.

I always played as Jill of course even tho she looked like shit in that game.

Old ass video of me getting my ass kicked:

Last edited by a moderator:

Generic-Giant-Spider

I went with Hunk and only side-leveled Barry and Jill for their skills. The stealth cloak Hunk gets is godly and is pretty much a get-out-of-bullshit free card. I believe it's Barry that had the rocket launcher which can be used with the crouching increases damage skill to cheese certain enemies and Jill because I just like Jill. I think she had an evasion style move that gives you more iframes that I grabbed. Wesker has it too, but fuck Wesker.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
I'm not so down on this game as I was. Jill was done very well and it was a fun action game. It wasn't pozzed at all. Solid remake.

Is not a bad game at all. The thing is it could have been so much more. It lacks more exploration, backtracking and riddles. Give Nemesis more time free-roaming in another section in the city, then make him appear in his shirtless form inside the Clock tower in another section of the game. REmake 3 feels rushed, if only it had been developed by Capcom with enough budget... instead it got kicked to a random ass B studio.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/570003942
https://gamerant.com/resident-evil-3-remake-update/

Resident Evil 3 "Director's Cut" like edition being announced at TGS 2021

Aka Nemesis Edition.

Resident Evil 3 "Director's Cut" like edition being announced at TGS 2021

Aka Nemesis Edition.

-New Areas (Police Station, Clock Tower, but they will shorter and different from original), new cutscenes.
-New Enemy types.
-Old areas now bigger and open, all connected like in RE2.
-New Weapons.
-Resistance Mode Revamped with new features and game modes.
-Minor Graphics Update for next gen & addition of Ray Tracing Features.
-FSR and DLSS 2.0 on PC.
-Updated Story with references to VIIlage and RE4 Remake.
-Reworked Nemesis. Will use flamethower and rocket launcher outside of boss battles. Will follow you into most safe rooms, but will be slower.

-Coming to XSX and PS5, also on XONE and PS4. Discount Upgrade for current owners. Price will be 69.99$.
-New Enemies.
-New Weapons.
-Resistance Mode Revamped with new features and game modes.
-Minor Graphics Update & addition of Ray Tracing Features.
-FSR and DLSS 2.0 on PC.
-Updated Story with references to VIIlage and RE4 Remake.

-Coming to XSX and PS5, also on XONE and PS4. Discount Upgrade for current owners. Price will be 69.99$.

this is why it wasn't like that from the get go, for money...

New Areas (Police Station, Clock Tower, but they will shorter and different from original)
Whats the point of going for the efforts of a “directors cut” and still having these areas short.

No mercs = into the trash it goes

Hopefully they added in audio of grown ass men squeeling in terror like a school girl.

Sunri

Liturgist
I liked start of the game exploration was pretty good you could use difffrent routes but after city i went all to shit still fun game

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
>REmake 2 is a huge success. Capcom doesn't make any more content for it, not even a improved B run DLC

>REmake 3 is not a success. Capcom decides to go back and fix the entire game

Kek

Last edited:

SumDrunkGuy

>REmake 2 is a huge success. Capcom doesn't make any more content for it, not even a improved B run DLC

>REmake 3 is not a success. Capcom decides to go back and fix the entire game

Kek

WAT!? Is this real?

Edit

Oh my god it is. I now have a reason to go on living. Thank you for sharing this news brother <3 <3 <3

:love:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is it actually real though? It's still just rumours.

Admittedly a lot of the leaks/rumours about RE stuff have turned out to be true, but even so.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Is it actually real though? It's still just rumours.

Admittedly a lot of the leaks/rumours about RE stuff have turned out to be true, but even so.

Everything about it screams fake.

The shit job of the poster, but also many of the details like having story tie ins to RE4 and Village, lmao.

Ezekiel

Arcane
There was an episode in Batman: The Animated Series where Batman realized he was dreaming. One of his clues was that all the writing was gibberish. He tells the villain that reading is more a function of the left side of the brain, while dreams happen in the right side of the brain, the creative side. Yet the dream in the opening of Resident Evil 3 shows advertising text and written pamphlets and stuff all over Jill's room. I know it's typical for movies, television and games, but it would have been cool if they made it all gibberish without even explaining. The dreams almost always look too real.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Those mods are all lame. But the jeans and tank top she wears are generic, doubly so after the previous game just had the same kind of outfit for its female protagonist. It's such an uninteresting look.

Ezekiel

Arcane
I find it funny that they can give Jill D size breasts but putting her in a skirt again or something other than the standard, safe jeans and tank top is a giant no-no.

20220129194058-1.jpg

The "classic" outfit (now with a skort) wasn't well updated and is very out of place within the photorealism.

Finished the game again. Didn't think I would revisit it. Worse than RE2, but still a good time.

Shame that the difficulty had to be built to accommodate the infinite saves and auto-checkpoints. The cinematic moments are kicked up a notch in part because of that too.

My dream for both remakes would have been fixed cameras but in fully rendered environments. It looks much more convincing than pre-rendered backgrounds and allows for more interactivity and improved lighting, while keeping some of the original tension and being more visually interesting than having another huge body over one side of the screen. I'm just tired of having all games play the same. With a minimum of exceptions, the AAA companies only seem to do this zoomed over the shoulder cam and first person view. The OTS cam is made a bit pointless by enemies being bullet sponges anyway. Didn't they increase their hitpoints BECAUSE you could control the camera now and there are roughly the same numbers of them?

Speaking of camera perspectives, it was stupid of them to make her nightmares in first person view. You knew that the one in which Carlos eats her was a nightmare right away because the only time in which the game was in first person view previously was when she had her first nightmare, in the beginning of the game.

The bipedal monster enemies are pretty lame.

The missing classic soundtrack option is definitely felt. I never played the RE2 remake with the new music, except to briefly see what it was like. There's very little going on in terms of melody and the instruments are, as a whole, utterly bland.

Looking forward to continuing with an RE4 replay on February 2nd. They finally finished that HD texture pack, after about eight years.

RELEASE-PROMO6-scaled.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom