Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Resident Evil 3 Remake - Nemesis has a nose now!!!

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by karoliner, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Drakortha Learned

Drakortha
    Nope, it was a pile of irredeemable shit. They watered down or completely cut out all the best segments from the original game, and they even cut out the gore from the RE2 remake, which was about half of what made that game decent enough to play. All that's left is a string of on-rails segments held together by a few cutscenes. It's RE6 masquerading as RE3.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Nifft Batuff Arbiter

Nifft Batuff
    The reason why RE3 remake is shit is because people uncritically praised the predecessor, RE2 remake, without noticing the inherent issues and decline with respect the original Resident Evil trilogy. RE3 remake is the natural evolution of the RE2 remake, no more no less. The same happened after RE4, it was praised by everyone and hence RE5 and RE6 were the result.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    • No x 5
    • Brofist x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Makes you think... x 1
    • /facepalm/ x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Drakortha Learned

Drakortha
    The maggot RE4 fans will be happy so long as they keep their 3rd person camera and emo Leon while stabbing boxes with a knife for 8 hours. That's all Resident Evil needs to be by their standards.

• retadred x 5
    • incline x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Silverfish Educated

Silverfish
    This is the same reason that Village is going to be a disaster. RE7 was held up, by a shocking number of people, as either a return to form or a bold new step for the series.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. cretin Savant

cretin
    It was both. Thats why they say that. Hope this helps.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Silverfish Educated

Silverfish
    You're right. Nothing bolder or more innovative than "the competition's twitch streamer meme game didn't pan out, so let's do it ourselves".

• Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Momock Savant

Momock
    Nope. It's shit because it's a quick cashgrab.

An everybody praised the horror elements of RE2Remake, wich is a return to "true horror", not for being a shooter....

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  8. cretin Savant

cretin
    i just beat it. My first impression hasn't changed: kind of shit.

The good:
    Looks great
    runs extremely well
    loads very fast

the bad: literally everything else. The nemesis boss fights were the most antifun, boring, repetitive thing ive played in a while. The game as a whole doesnt function as a survival horror, even on hardcore, due to liberal deposits of typewriters (dont even need ribbons!) and autosaves (what the fuck is the point of hardcore then?), but doesn't feel good as an action shooter either due to bulletsponges and enemies that can either OHK you or more annoyingly stunlock you to death. This really was capcom's laziest effort to date, despite the fact they reused like 85% of the assets from RE2. Man theres so much you could talk about here but the point is its all very mediocre and undercooked, so why waste time; this is just that, a mediocrity and one not worth the price tag. Actually its not even worth the 14 gigs or whatever in download you'll waste on pirating it.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Major_Blackhart Codexia Lord Sodom Patron

Major_Blackhart
    Fucking decline. I always feel like RE3 is the stepchild that the original devs can never really be bothered with.

^ Top  
  10. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    RE3 countered a lot of the linearity and shortness with the choice system and a little bit of randomisation. I don't get why they didn't put something similar in the remake (other than it being rushed of course).

Other than the extra difficulty modes and unlocks, there isn't much reason to replay the remake.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. cretin Savant

cretin
    Also i want to point out that in 2020, these are incredibly short games for your money. Yes the original resident evil games were certainly not long plays, and had a lot of replayability intentionally built in. But games on average were significantly shorter in 1999 than they are now, and yet capcom is making "remakes" that not only aren't up to modern standards in content size, but are actually shorter and have less content than the originals.

If renting games was still a thing people did, i wouldve been able to rent RE3make on the console, beat it on a weekend, and never touched it again because why would you? Meanwhile a bunch of poor fags bought this for $60! $60 for a game with about 6 hours of gameplay and extremely limited replayability.

• Agree x 5
    • Brofist x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • decline x 1
    • meh x 1
    • Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Zombra An iron rock in the river of blood and evil Patron

Zombra
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Can't meh hard enough. Any correlation between price point and gameplay hours dissolved well over a decade ago.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • meh meh x 1
    • No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Psquit Arcane

Psquit
    More like a 4 hours cash grab made by Capcom B-team
    -Like some things but I won't even buy it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. Rean Instructor Patron

Rean
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    Agree with this, RE 7 had a good length but it looks like the remakes get shorter and shorter.

^ Top  
  15. TheHeroOfTime Arcane

TheHeroOfTime
    The classic Resident evil games were short even by the standards of that era. The PSX catalog was filled with a bunch of games like jrpgs that came in a couple of CDs, during 30305830945803583045834058435 hours each one. In the N64 games like Mario 64, the Zeldas, Turok 1/2 or Perfect dark were lenghty. That said, the length of RE3R isn't a problem by itself. The problem is that the game is not very replayable. And it's replayability is not just related to content, but related to how the game is designed. It is a way more lineal experience than RE2R, which was way more organic. After the flashback of Carlos in the police station, the games goes completely downhill. Nemesis turns into the dog way earlier than he should. The game needed another hub area, bigger with backtracking, riddles and tentacle nemmy roaming. But it jumps directly into the hospital. TL;DR It wastes a lot of potential.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Dodo1610 Magister

Dodo1610
    The worst thing about the remake is how disjointed everything feels like, I wouldn't be surprised if we hear one day that Capcom just gave up on the Nemesis remake at some point because they want to focus on the far more popular RE4 Remake and just told the devs to just build a game around the assets they already had at that point + sold it with the multiplayer spin-off because they knew no one would have bought that on its own.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Dedicated_Dark Arbiter

Dedicated_Dark
    Finally played it. Felt like the game was on too on-rails, didn't let me play, didn't let me explore. The city is filled with so much rubble that you can't but walk in very narrow sections, might as well remove the option to move left and right! 5.5 hours even though I tried to take it slow. 13 deaths totally, only because I wanted to see how much I can get away with for the insta kill enemies, garbage design. Seriously, insta- fckn kill, the stupidity is astounding. Meh~ game overall.
    Not even fun as an action game. RE5 & 6 are more fun than this.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    ^ Top  
  18. Drakortha Learned

Drakortha
    Pre-Order RE8 today~!

• honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Tehdagah Arcane

Tehdagah
    RE7 is short, it's just that Ethan moves at a very slow speed. RE3 Remake is bundled with a multiplayer at least.

• retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Drakortha Learned

Drakortha
    yeah, I love me some Resident Evil multiplayer. That's what I most look forward to in future Resident Evil games.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • PIRACY IS WRONG PIRACY IS WRONG x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    I clicked the agree button in the sense of not wanting all my games to be super long. I have a life to live. However a 6 hour linear game definitely goes in my "wait for a $20 sale" bin faster than a 50 hour RPG would.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Balanced Balanced x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. fizzelopeguss Arcane

fizzelopeguss
    16-20 hr seems to be a sweetspot. 40+hr tends to be open world slog, and it has to be a good one to keep my interest.

• It's a matter of time It's a matter of time x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Nifft Batuff Arbiter

Nifft Batuff
    The problem is that a rail shooter like RE3 remake becomes boring if it lasts too long.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Villagkouras Arbiter

Villagkouras
    I finished this tonight. While I understand that RE 2 Remake is the better game, I had more fun with this. I hadn't played the original 3 back then, but had finished 2. RE 2 Remake is more tense but I found it somehow frustrating, this was way easier, but quicker and more "convenient". Both better than 7, I think I'll play 4-6 which I haven't. The franchise is good, I liked 1 Remake too, but was definitely harder than these two combined.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Don't play 4 through 6, they're all shit.

• Shit x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • No x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • STOP! posting x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.