Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
LannTheStupid

1) I've realized the part of your nick now. I mean is it really....
2) I was in no way criticising the game while saying the stuff about the bombs. I like WotR very much, all these epic scale RPG's are my blood-group. Also I've realized that Owlcat has nothing to do with that, because the setting has been here for a long time. At least I suppose that in the original Wrath of the Righteous demons ran around rampantly as well.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
The bug I've been suffering from the most is trying to cast Cure X Wounds in TB combat. You waste one turn and one cast in order to cast it on the next turn.
Yeah, I am playing mostly RTwP but TB mode is another can of bugs altogether.

But I still had experienced at least one hilarious bug with TB - it always sets as default combat mode whenever I restart the game. Of course, there is an option to do exactly that in game settings, but I do not have it switched on, I've checked.

It almost like this game tries to imply something :obviously: about my preferences.
I'm not trying to demean your report, but honestly, the number of bugs I've encountered per 30 hrs of gameplay is one. And it is a graphic glitch from one of the capes. Sometimes few pixels from it stretch over 1/4 of screen for a flicker of time.

Rafidur

Learned
Is lich fun? Is i good?

Yeah to both.

I can see 2 viable builds: some sort of shapeshiftin', chargin' death knight (pick the damage, -str on natural attacks, and the damage on each charge hit, and a way of getting pounce).

OR

Favored metamagic extend, the "buff lasts 24 hour" feats, and when your caster level hits... 25? you can give your entire team undead immunities and DR for 24 hours then support with spells like this

Om2nXbk.png

Which aoes for 465 damage once megamagiked, despite the description. All buffs like haste, greater invis, etc will last 24 hours. Having the whole team under haste and greater invis is funny because you can let them loose in real time on a map and most shit will run away as as your dudes spread out and slaughter the poor terrified demons.

Summons are good early but not worth the actions of your lich late game. Even pre-casted with all the feats the best they can be is meatshield at this point.

I'm running 24 hour buffs lich with sorcerer, though grey-fur might be better (if you can legendary proportions THEN turn them undead).

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Is lich fun? Is i good?

Yeah to both.

I can see 2 viable builds: some sort of shapeshiftin', chargin' death knight (pick the damage, -str on natural attacks, and the damage on each charge hit, and a way of getting pounce).

OR

Favored metamagic extend, the "buff lasts 24 hour" feats, and when your caster level hits... 25? you can give your entire team undead immunities and DR for 24 hours then support with spells like this

Om2nXbk.png

Which aoes for 465 damage once megamagiked, despite the description. All buffs like haste, greater invis, etc will last 24 hours. Having the whole team under haste and greater invis is funny because you can let them loose in real time on a map and most shit will run away as as your dudes spread out and slaughter the poor terrified demons.

Summons are good early but not worth the actions of your lich late game. Even pre-casted with all the feats the best they can be is meatshield at this point.

I'm running 24 hour buffs lich with sorcerer, though grey-fur might be better (if you can legendary proportions THEN turn them undead).

Only a detail. The spell description says that it has a damage cap of 150 but it doesn't exist. I managed to dish 480 damage with it.

kqsPRXV.png

Sunri

Liturgist
Is lich fun? Is i good?

Yeah to both.

OR

Om2nXbk.png

Only a detail. The spell description says that it has a damage cap of 150 but it doesn't exist. I managed to dish 480 damage with it.

kqsPRXV.png
wtf is this queen portrait hahahahaha

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
As much as we like to think of powerbuilds you can faceroll the game with just a wizard if you are big brain spell man. My friend already finished the game and I am only on act 3.

I am waiting for Galfrey to come back to the capital is there a set time I wait or am I supposed to do something? Is my game borked?

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
As much as we like to think of powerbuilds you can faceroll the game with just a wizard if you are big brain spell man. My friend already finished the game and I am only on act 3.

I am waiting for Galfrey to come back to the capital is there a set time I wait or am I supposed to do something? Is my game borked?

nah just wait 3 weeks

purupuru

Learned
The bug I've been suffering from the most is trying to cast Cure X Wounds in TB combat. You waste one turn and one cast in order to cast it on the next turn.
I believe this is a bug that happens to all touch spells in TB from time to time (I have had it happen with True Seeing, Touch of Good, etc.). My solution is to manually move the caster into touch range first then cast the spell.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I believe this is a bug that happens to all touch spells in TB from time to time (I have had it happen with True Seeing, Touch of Good, etc.). My solution is to manually move the caster into touch range first then cast the spell.
I guess the times when this hasn't worked was when I didn't move the caster close enough, but I've discovered it too.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I think feast of blood is the best lich spell.
1d6 damage per caster level, never hits allies and can't be spell resisted or saved. It also does an extra 2d6 damage + some stat damage, which can be saved.

Repurpose is really strong too, use it on the good enemies and then you'll have 3 minibosses following you around helping to clear content.

But I haven't tried any of the other mythic paths to compare. Lich with merged spellbook is definitely very good thought.

Rafidur

Learned
Not a fan of repurpose, it breaks loot and possibly quests.

edit: negative burst max dmg:

859Qasm.png

Last edited:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane

My first thought when seeing that was "what the hell, it looks like it's been cropped straight out of some b-tier webcomic". Might be a fairly minor thing, but a real shame what happened with the available portraits in Wrath. Not only are most of them ugly and in stark contrast with the consistent, high quality of KM, but quite a few look poor quality, downright upscaled using some browser-based free tool (like that human magus or halfing/gnome male and female rogues).

jac8awol

Arbiter
One thing that has me scratching my head at times is the loading screen character info. It seems a bit out of whack with the info you get from the companions as you play and in their quests. For example, black cleric dude. I'm at a point now looking for his bro, and all the info I've got so far is that he's a strict hellknight, but still a top class dude. And then in the loading screen it's like "Will Soso be able to fight and kill his evil bro.." Shit like that.

Also with Lann. "Wendy meant so much to him blah blah..." but in-game he's more like yeah I banged her but that was mainly just lack of options so whatevs.

Yosharian

Arcane
I'm not trying to demean your report, but honestly, the number of bugs I've encountered per 30 hrs of gameplay is one. And it is a graphic glitch from one of the capes. Sometimes few pixels from it stretch over 1/4 of screen for a flicker of time.
It's easy to miss bugs when you aren't exploring the game's mechanics thoroughly. Wrath is very, very buggy.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Everyone: Owlcat Games isn't based
Literally Owlcat Games: fags and women cannot finish our game lol

:positive:

It's easy to miss bugs when you aren't exploring the game's mechanics thoroughly. Wrath is very, very buggy.
It seems that they fixed Cleave/Cleaving Finish/Improved Cleaving Finish and now they no longer target enemies who are already dead, so the game is finally playable. TIME TO VITAL STRIKE SOME DEMONS BOYYYYYYSSSSSSS.

Yosharian

Arcane
In act 1 I had to kick Lann out because it felt like cheating, his archery was too damn good. Now things are getting a bit tougher and Aru is also super deadly with a bow but I feel justified in keeping her around (also for boobs). Apart from that, I only have one character that can hit anything, a bloodrager mercenary that I like more than my gay angel armored arcanist main character.

Lil bro Reggie is alright in support melee. I'm only in act 2, not sure if it gets better but not really loving the companions. Character writing-wise and utility-wise. One of the weaker aspects of the game I reckon.
Core difficulty?

Yosharian

Arcane
That must be why I'm playing the plainest human Paladin build I can think of and so far I've breezed through the first 3 chapters without a single problem.

This game is for munchkins because Pathfinder is in itself a system prone to munchkinism, nothing more than what was already expected from the moment they said "we are going to adapt Wrath of the Righteous with a lot of mythic paths".
Paladins are pretty meta in Wrath to be fair

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom