Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
But, even if that were the case, it's weird that the PC just cannot discuss the devil's presence with others.
It might very well be the case that others just see him as a regular human or something. Or maybe after waging wars against demons for over a hundred years, people stopped giving a shit. I know I would. When you have to deal with demons and other ugly and much worse shit (i.e. trannies like Anevia) on a regular basis, having a devil around might seem like a good idea. The only sad part about no one commenting on it, is that I like to imagine that Melies and Regill regularly go get drunk after a long day of dealing with galfreys ineptitude, shittalking furries, ember and a commander that is sexually attracted to his pet dragon.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Is kineticist viable for end game? Their was amazing on kingmaker but with the bloat of end game, I wonder if they can be great too.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Is kineticist viable for end game? Their was amazing on kingmaker but with the bloat of end game, I wonder if they can be great too.
kinecist can solo the entire game on unfair - without a mythic path. Its just as cheesy as before. You do need to take a dip for a horse though so you can endlessly kite enemies while you are cheesing them.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Is Sword Saint with Dueling Sword stupid? I don't see that many dueling swords in the game.
I'm actually rolling one now, I think it's OK. You can use Finnean in Act 1, then start picking up unique ones from Act 2 onwards. There's a nice endgame dueling sword in the laughing caves in act 5.
Finnean also scales as the game progresses, adding more enchantment mods and more modifiers. You could easily use him the entire game if you wanted to, although it's not optimal.

It was ironic enough that you are having a council meeting with no established agenda, and people seem to walk in from outside like it's nothing.
It seems in tone with the whole "failed crusades" theme. At least as the Baron / King the main hero had absolute authority over his domain. It was actively contested, but not just left adrift. Here, there are half-orc commanders, fem-Putin with magic Botox commanders, hellknights who know better, some friendly or not-so-friendly supernatural beings, and so on. IMHO, the general feeling of "бардак" could be intentional.
The crusades and all the crusaders are very consistently portrayed as completely clueless, and there's maybe one half-competent person (anevia) in the entire army. It really reminds me of the black crusades in w40k, except in those everyone still pretends the commander is a tactical genius who just happened to fail to make any progress after 15 attempts. Wrathfinder takes the fact that there's been 5 crusades and not an inch of territory has been gained since the first one and presents the logical conclusion: everyone involved is an idiot. It's very refreshing, but I wish the pc was given more opportunities to call the NPCs out on their incompetence. You get to do it a few times, but you never get to fire anyone. Would have been nice if they lampshaded it with some dialogue about how it's the best we've got / can't make sweeping changes to the command staff at this critical juncture / etc.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
The crusades and all the crusaders are very consistently portrayed as completely clueless, and there's maybe one half-competent person (anevia) in the entire army. It really reminds me of the black crusades in w40k, except in those everyone still pretends the commander is a tactical genius who just happened to fail to make any progress after 15 attempts. Wrathfinder takes the fact that there's been 5 crusades and not an inch of territory has been gained since the first one and presents the logical conclusion: everyone involved is an idiot. It's very refreshing, but I wish the pc was given more opportunities to call the NPCs out on their incompetence. You get to do it a few times, but you never get to fire anyone. Would have been nice if they lampshaded it with some dialogue about how it's the best we've got / can't make sweeping changes to the command staff at this critical juncture / etc.
Such does make Act V more entertaining when it's reached on one of the Evil Paths, since it's the first time you're allowed to truly take off your mask and drop the pleasantries you were forced to abide by before.

Mauman

Learned
Sucking up to goddess is legend path

Good God is Iomedae such a fucking hypocrite.

How did you make it work?

Just select the spell, apply the metamagic, and hit write spell. It'll send it to the correct location.

If you want to color code it, hit "write to spell level 1" hit your color, then hit write spell. It'll still go to the right location (cantrips/orisons).

Spellbooks that don't normally have level 0 spells can also do this. You won't be able to look at it in the spell book, but they will show up in your spell bar.

Minecrawler

Educated
Good to hear.
Starting deity will be a tough choice though. Well, since paladin/cleric of Ragathiel is not an option...
Oracle it is, I guess.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Sosiel is the most bugged companion. And it's not an AIDS joke!
First he refers to things from the later parts of his personal quest. Things that did not happen yet.
Now he was painting Anevia (supposedly) posing in a dress. Except Sosiel wasn't there, only his canvas. Anevia took over parts of his dialogue, there was even "leave my party" option.
In some fucked up way, this is impressive.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Sosiel is the most bugged companion. And it's not an AIDS joke!
First he refers to things from the later parts of his personal quest. Things that did not happen yet.
Now he was painting Anevia (supposedly) posing in a dress. Except Sosiel wasn't there, only his canvas. Anevia took over parts of his dialogue, there was even "leave my party" option.
In some fucked up way, this is impressive.
My favorite was when his morose dialogue about not being able to find inspiration for his painting before packing up with a hopeful spring in his step triggered in the penultimate dungeon in Act II.

You know, the one full of zombies and mutilated crusaders. I guess the ground slick with the gore of his comrades and Irabeth strung up with chains just wasn't the kind of inspiration he was looking for.

Sunri

Liturgist
It seems that mercs are much weaker from story companions stat wise they have only 20 points thats a bummer i was thinking about third run with mercs team to test different classes

Mauman

Learned
It seems that mercs are much weaker from story companions stat wise they have only 20 points thats a bummer i was thinking about third run with mercs team to test different classes

Respec Mod is your friend.

But if you really want to use mercs rather than respecced companions, then toybox has an option to force 25 point buy for mercs.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Well I tested combat and I found:
Code:
2 : 54
3 : 69
4 : 74
5 : 62
6 : 44
7 : 58
8 : 70
9 : 61
10 : 51
11 : 61
12 : 52
13 : 49
14 : 65
15 : 39
16 : 38
17 : 63
18 : 55
19 : 48
NATURAL 1 : 51
NATURAL 20 : 36

Of course Owlcats are sometimes duplicating combat result in the log, thus some of these values are counted twice,
but as long as this duplication occurs for every value, it shouldn't matter.

Isn't it amazing? Use trickster power to turn critical misses into critical hit, and enjoy your ride.
Edit: I calculated this just few minutes ago, so it can't be old.

Last edited:

purupuru

Learned
Gotta love it when a cutscene teleports all your units back into a sirocco and then ask you to fight Baphomet with everyone already exhausted.
Fuck cutscenes.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

What the fugg. First of all Sosiel is 20-21 or w/e, you can min-max the mercs, and get all the useful for them stats. My cleric has 7 int.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Game is still heavily bugged?
Define "heavily".

The game has been played from start to finish on Ironman at least twice.

This can only prove that you can be lucky with RNG not to get critical bugs that make run impossible.

I am asking if critical bugs that can potentialy end your run are still there.

Just looking at patch notes, this product was released un-finished. Is it patched fully now, or still plenty of critical bugs?

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
I am only at Act3, but most of the critical bugs are now patched, it seems. This game would have needed another month of intensive Q&A at least.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
I am only at Act3, but most of the critical bugs are now patched, it seems. This game would have needed another month of intensive Q&A at least.

Well, this game was released still in beta-test with plenty of bugs.

Luckily there are plenty of retards gamers who want to beta-test and do several restarts because some bug can make run impossible.

I am just checking if its worth playing now, or better wait few months, till game is really finished.

Sunri

Liturgist

What the fugg. First of all Sosiel is 20-21 or w/e, you can min-max the mercs, and get all the useful for them stats. My cleric has 7 int.
7 int just like you! mods block achievements so i don't want to use them

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom