Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
GM: “That’s OK, maybe Jacob’s character was kind of the black sheep in his chapter, or maybe more of a follower than a leader. I’ll let him play Paladin if he wants to. Lots of opportunity for roleplayi-“

The DM can do wathever he wanna

sry to break it to ya, but Larian is the GM. may God have mercy on us all

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
GM: “That’s OK, maybe Jacob’s character was kind of the black sheep in his chapter, or maybe more of a follower than a leader. I’ll let him play Paladin if he wants to. Lots of opportunity for roleplayi-“

The DM can do wathever he wanna

sry to break it to ya, but Larian is the GM. may God have mercy on us all
Das right, I am GM. I do wut I want.

swen.jpg

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The sooner you come to terms with the fact that DnD DUMBED DOWN, the better.

Fixed for you.

Das right, I am GM. I do wut I want.

Then please. Forget all talk about new classes like RWoT, implement the legendary Wizard subclass. The BARRELMANCER!!!! With access to unique spells.

• Cantrip :
Create barrel - At lv 5/11/17 creates 2/3/4 barrels
Move barrel/throw barrel -> Increased speed/move rate/ turn and damage of barrel throwing with level.
  • Tier 1 :
- Create oil barrel - Can be heightened to create multiple barrels
  • Tier 2 :
- Create explosive barrel - Can be heightened for multiple barrels
  • Tier 3 :
- Create larger explosive barrel
- Create barrel wall
Like this
iu
  • Tier 4 :
- Rain of Barrels : Requires concentration. You chose a area of the map and in this area, barrels are constantly dropping from the sky and breaking, dealing 6d6 budgeoning damage.
  • Tier 5 :
- Barrel golem : Requires concentration. You summon a powerful barrel golem who is akin to a wood golem in stats
- Giantic explosive barrel : Creates a giantic explosive barrel. It deals 10d10+50 damage once explodes
  • Tier 6
- Flesh to Barrel : Transforms a enemy into a barrel if he fails a save.
(...)
  • Tier 9 (only in a single scroll, once per game, like Dark Sun : Wake of the Ravager tier 9 magic)
- Barrel nuke -> You create multiple barrels and then compresses then into a single barrel, once it hits a enemy, it breaks in 666 barrels, each enemy must make a dex save or str save or be knocked prone. Regardless of the save, the enemy takes 20d6 fire damage and 20d6 bludgeoning damage.

That is the class that we need.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm starting to wonder if Victor has a word doc full of post templates that he just copy pastas every time the random number generator in his head brings up a post string's result.

We're back to 4th level archdruids for now. What will be next? Disintegrate? Dungeons and Kobolds? Wizards aren't awesome enough?

Stay tuned folks! (Alternatively, DM him some new material. This shit's so stale, it's crustier than grandma's honey pot.)

Edit: man his program's fast. S-tier efficiency! Anyway apparently the answer was barrelmancy! Never seen that one before. Seriously, someone give him a new punch card to insert to add some content to the old bot.

mediocrepoet

Patron
I'm starting to wonder if

I'm starting to wonder if you know the ignore button. Please. Ignore me if you don't like my posts. And lets discuss something new. Lets discuss the Barrelmancer class which I suggested. The best class ever for any Larian game.

You don't control me, dear robot. Now please, download your updates. Your material is all from the days of Windows XP for God's sake!

Also if you haven't noticed, I'm far from the only one saying this.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I'm far from the only one saying this.

I've mentioned many topics in last pages :
  • New Classes
  • Larian Cultists unable to play better RPG's.
  • If Barrelmancy being able to deal fire damage to kill a red dragon got fixed
  • Late date of release
  • The romance post from Larianshill
  • (...)
And then I mention "archdruids weaker than goblins" as a joke and post a BG2 screenshot to compare with Larian bastardization and 666 guys like you start to complain. Look to Swen, he repeats the metacritic post far more than anyone else repeats any topic(myself included) but Larian cultists and balancefags like you don't complain about him(despite him repeating topics too). Do you know why? Because YOU are a Larian cultist and you are so butthurt over my critiques towards your "god" that you can't see your bias. I can't even try to bring the discussion from tranny BS into something better like new classes that you start to get butthurt and put words into my mouth. There are not a single answer to any post made by me from you that don't have insults, distortions, strawman when not words that I never said and you put in my mouth. So I ask again. Why you don't ignore me if you hate me so much? Let me guess. You wanna make me angry and can't. But keep trying over and over; keep trying mediocrepet.

If someone doubts about what I'm saying, please, just read the Mediocrepet answer to this post. He will make a strawman, distort what I'm saying, put words into my mouth and try to offend me. At least other larian cultists like Swen are funny.

Mortmal

Arcane

The DM can do wathever he wanna. Including giving formal training to Barbarians who are all woman with miscarriage and castrating his paladins Lacrymas style. However, a CRPG that is adapting the TT should IMO be somehow faithful.

thats cool but we here in Orthodox Druidism do not recognize any Catholic Druidic Fatwas. our archdruids are just grove leaders.

Yep. You do whatever you want in your game. However, a D&D product should be consistent with D&D lore.

It's really really hard to be consistent with D&D lore . Dark elves: Drizzt was "the one who escaped" a symbol for all drows according jarlaxle , now lolth isnt that powerful of a deity and there's many drows fighting for the greater good. Oh and drow arent evil anymore, if they are they even have a lolth tattoo all over their body.Gone our fantasy or leather clad drow femdom soon too i guess...
Orcs : Bruenor sign a peace treaty with orcs ,reluctantly, there's hints orcs and dwarves worked together in the past, they cooperate again there's even a friendly orc priestress. Past gauntlgrym events , companions trilogy , orcs are subhuman souless monsters ,have no freewill . The kind and tender Catie brie: orcs are evil monsters, evil race by default my goddess mailiki told me so , we should kill their babies (i am not kidding she said that) , Drizzt is as confused about it as the reader...
Now change of plan in D&D no races are evil at all ! I quote salvatore a lot cause the d&d lore mostly is on his shoulders with ed greenwood. He must be retconing lore faster than he writes it.
Then dont get started on the magic weave and mini time of troubles . Changes in the pantheon happen as often as we try to define what is a rpg here.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Orcs : Bruenor sign a peace treaty with orcs ,reluctantly, there's hints orcs and dwarves worked together in the past, they cooperate again

lol wait, what? What a shit show. :lol:

Anyway, is there any new news or schedule for news about BG3? Like when they might implement a class that isn't shit?

Like on the one hand, I'm impressed that they implemented druids that actually appear to be kind of cool. On the other, I almost invariably hate druids.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Chad Iron Tower Studios:
>3 New Ares with Sub Levels
>Heavy Balance Changes
>New Content
>Monthly Updates
>Constant Dev Communication With Community

Virgin Larian Studios:
>We Gave You One Class
Are You Happy with your Purchaz?

mediocrepoet

Patron
>We Gave You One Class
There were two though.

I'm not sure what you guys were expecting, the DOS2 early access didn't even get a single update.
They mostly use the early access for analytics, which is why it sends so much data.

I don't expect anything. It's not even installed right now as I wait for release and I haven't really been following news on it.

CodexTotalWar

Learned
In 5E, an Archdruid according to this site is CR 25 > https://www.5esrd.com/database/creature/archdruid/

Scroll to the bottom of the SRD page you quoted (Section 15 Copy Right - Tome of Beasts) - it's unofficial material from Kobold Press (a 3rd party publister) which is by no means official. They are actually known for constantly ignoring the standards of 5E and just copying things from 3.XE and Pathfinder.

The official 5e Arch Druid is printed in Volo's Guide to Monsters Page 210 (WoTC publication), and they are actually CR 12.

However, CR =/= level - the Arch Druid is roughly the equivalent of a poorly optimized 17th level character (and supposedly a good challenge for a party of 12th level characters).
Arch-Druid.png

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
They are actually known for constantly ignoring the standards of 5E and just copying things from 3.XE and Pathfinder

Basically all third party makers except a couple of homebrewers suck (KibblesTasty's stuff is some of the best resource material for 5E period). However, Kobold Press did make the best magic item resource for 5E in existence, so they got my hat tip for that alone. It's the only limited physical edition I own of anything Kickstarted (normally I just get .pdfs).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom