Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Worst voice acting game?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot

curds

Magister

"Didn't you say you were going back to do some research?"

"uhhh"

Cracked me up when I heard it.

curds

Magister
Resident Evil and Gothic should be disqualified because they both attain "so bad it's good" status. (possibly intentional in RE's case).

What games have VA that is just straight-up shit, not even funny?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Realms of Arkania's remake has a narrator who's voice is the worst I have ever heard, annoyed me so much I turned off sound not to hear that weird dude with the voice of a tatooed SJW ear pierced anime addicted skinny dude that never leaves his room in his mom's apartment and whose dad left to a store and never came back ten years ago. You want to avoid this even if only not to hear the narrator's voice as it will hunt you for eternity in your worst nightmares. I won't link a video not to make you suffer as I did.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Realms of Arkania's remake has a narrator who's voice is the worst I have ever heard, annoyed me so much I turned off sound not to hear that weird dude with the voice of a tatooed SJW ear pierced anime addicted skinny dude that never leaves his room in his mom's apartment and whose dad left to a store and never came back ten years ago. You want to avoid this even if only not to hear the narrator's voice as it will hunt you for eternity in your worst nightmares. I won't link a video not to make you suffer as I did.
Realms of Arkania HD

3 others

Scholar
I have a high tolerance for shoddy voice acting in vidyagames but INFRA was really something else. It's not uncommon to have NPCs deliver botched lines in their 3,5 seconds of screen time, but INFRA manages to achieve the same feat with its main character. For some reason - probably budgetary - they decided to cast a Hungarian radio announcer with a thick, unrecognizable & clearly non-native accent as the main character. His intonation is really jarring at first, although it grows on you over the course of the game.

At least they managed to create a recognizable character. "That's two päcsz of SPEAR BATTERIES"

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I used to think Rage of Mages 1/2 had the worst voice acting I ever heard with the wizard character. He sounded like a bookish, nasily nerd until I realized that that's probably how a real wizard would sound, being so squishy and tender-handed and not used to doing rough, tough, macho things like the warrior classes.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

4QiCfuZ.png

SumDrunkGuy

Tormented Souls has some great stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom