Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship Early Access Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Salvo

Arcane
u are all playing on steam? the habitat beta isn't out for GOG yet (currently at 0.8.215a)? nothing changed in my game at least.
Steam, yes, you can opt in the beta through Properties
Unsure if you can do the same on GOG

Salvo

Arcane
Also BTW as a melee character do you favor fast, normal or power attacks?

jackofshadows

Magister
I'm glad they're taking their time. Since I'm busy atm afraid that maybe won't be able to finish current beta run until the update.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Give King Arthur: Knight's tale a try in the meantime
Maybe, but every time I play a different game I keep thinking about Colony Ship and what build I haven't yet tried on Faythe. Must have all the current combinations at this point, yet, there's always a new theme or playstyle I haven't tried.

It depends. If you have Berserker + 10 Str + Juggernaut + Gladiator; go fast attacks. They do decent damage, are AP efficient and if you have aggro stim you can get more bang out of it. Generally though, as always, I go aimed legs + aimed arms. Then have Faythe follow up with aimed head. Then I go power attack.

jackofshadows

Magister
Depends on your thc and enemie's DR of course. Power is also nice because of increased crit chance. But yeah, as Pink Eye just pointed out, usually you want to hit legs/arms/head maybe first.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Aimed attacks are so good. If you get dazed effect from aimed head. The effect will last until combat ends. Same thing with weakened state from aimed torso. Aimed head also works on froggos, by the by. See:
P0qBElm.png

jackofshadows

Magister
Speaking of weakened
I was struggling with this fight to tell the truth and the rolls were so awful that I switched to heavily adjusted and then I saw this. For fuck's sake, game :D

Last edited:

Technomancer

Liturgist
Aimed attacks are so good. If you get dazed effect from aimed head.
Berserk is too much of a sacrifice you think?

Do you have a stasis and gas nade? You throw gas nade. Then immediately stasis yourself.
Something I found out just recently, by seeing it somewhere. Man, if only I knew this when doing solo mastermind, some fights would be trivial. Stasis yourself...it just didn't occur! Can waste aggro stims of mooks, poison, gadgets...

notpl

Arbiter
I played the initial release (just the first two areas, IIRC) as a 10 int Genius melee blade guy, slightly higher dex but otherwise average attributes with the remainder. Had no issues beating all the optional combats, which seemed absurd for a 10 int stealth character, so I assume the balance has been changed a bit since then? Can anyone fill me on on how melee, stealth, and int-focused builds have changed subsequently? That's the kind of character I want to go with on launch, but I know I shouldn't expect all the traits to work the same way they did at first pass.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Berserk is too much of a sacrifice you think?
It is but if you get Gladiator it does help with grazes. High STR build will still do decent damage. Yes. You do lose access to aimed system. Trade off though is that attacks cost way less. For example, Utility Bar can get about 4 attacks. More with aggro stim.

Man, if only I knew this when doing solo mastermind, some fights would be trivial. Stasis yourself...it just didn't occur! Can waste aggro stims of mooks, poison, gadgets...
It's even better now since gas affects targets immediately instead of next turn - on beta branch anyways.

Technomancer

Liturgist
I played the initial release (just the first two areas, IIRC) as a 10 int Genius melee blade guy, slightly higher dex but otherwise average attributes with the remainder. Had no issues beating all the optional combats, which seemed absurd for a 10 int stealth character, so I assume the balance has been changed a bit since then? Can anyone fill me on on how melee, stealth, and int-focused builds have changed subsequently? That's the kind of character I want to go with on launch, but I know I shouldn't expect all the traits to work the same way they did at first pass.
Latest mastermind I did without tagging a single combat skill while doing every fight. It's doable but some fights philter you hard. Like triple worms and detroit. Generally, every solo fight where there are too many enemies is a bit hard, like I leave scavs in hydroponics for last-ish.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom