Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Darktide - co-op action from Vermintide devs

I hope I'm missing something but I don't believe that I am. What is the point of those stats if they're just straight up wrong?
probably stats are relative to the gun's archetype (the "high damage" part). The Rapid-fire one has "collateral" as a stat instead of "stopping power" so the same stats don't apply to all guns

Reever

Scholar
Patron
So the game's releasing tomorrow and the it's still crashing frequently, performance is fucked, missions are getting aborted at the end screen and they don't even have the crafting system ready. And they're giving away a helmet with a big fat β on the front to everyone who tested it. Good one, Fatshark. You got me.
probably stats are relative to the gun's archetype (the "high damage" part). The Rapid-fire one has "collateral" as a stat instead of "stopping power" so the same stats don't apply to all guns
You're probably correct, but that is a horrible way of doing it.

Steve

Augur
I have mixed feelings about this. The game itself is pretty fucking fun, smashing and blasting heretics is enjoyable. However, everything else is pretty fucking stupid. They went from Vermintide 2's 15 classes (19 with DLC atm.) to just four, I like how in VT2 as soon as you were getting bored your class you'd unlock a new subclass to keeps things fresh, none of that here.

The penances are idiotic, they're basically achievements which unlocks new skins. They encourage players to be very selfish or to play completely the opposed the way their class is designed for. For example, sharpshooter has one where he has to have 100% accuracy with no bullets remaining at the end of the round so the best way to get it is to empty your ammo in the start of the run and stick to 100% melee for the rest of the round. The class that is supposed to excel at ranged combat is rewarded for not using ranged. You'll occasionally see people playing like idiots just because they want to unlock a new armor skin and then they get butthurt if you don't allow them. There is no votekick as far as I know.

Weapon shop inventory is on a 60 minute timer so if you unlock a new weapon type you might have to wait an hour or two before you can actually buy the weapon type you want for some completely retarded arbitrary reason.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So the game's releasing tomorrow and the it's still crashing frequently, performance is fucked, missions are getting aborted at the end screen and they don't even have the crafting system ready. And they're giving away a helmet with a big fat β on the front to everyone who tested it. Good one, Fatshark. You got me.
And the funniest part:
That's still better and more professional than VT2 release :lol:

I'll do what I did with VT2. Play a bunch on release until the fun runs out and then get back after half a year or so.

Harthwain

Magister
The penances are idiotic, they're basically achievements which unlocks new skins. They encourage players to be very selfish or to play completely the opposed the way their class is designed for. For example, sharpshooter has one where he has to have 100% accuracy with no bullets remaining at the end of the round so the best way to get it is to empty your ammo in the start of the run and stick to 100% melee for the rest of the round. The class that is supposed to excel at ranged combat is rewarded for not using ranged. You'll occasionally see people playing like idiots just because they want to unlock a new armor skin and then they get butthurt if you don't allow them. There is no votekick as far as I know.
It kinda goes with the name, but in a co-op game this is indeed stupid design. And this comes from people who removed scoreboards to "prevent toxicity"...

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Want to know what's hilarious? The final chest piece for the zealot is the easiest to get out of all the fourth tier cosmetics since all you need to do is stay low health for 4-5 minutes of a Heresy+ game and lose. The other ones require you to do rofl troll shit to your team.

:troll:

Excellent work Fatshark.

7567657.jpg

Didn't realize this was coming out on Game Pass. Installing now. I liked Vermintide, especially the first game when it wasn't all about the loot. These games shouldn't have loot at all. Makes people play in an absolutely retarded manner, promotes hamster wheel play and and cheapens the entire experience.

A-Minish

Educated
Didn't realize this was coming out on Game Pass. Installing now. I liked Vermintide, especially the first game when it wasn't all about the loot. These games shouldn't have loot at all. Makes people play in an absolutely retarded manner, promotes hamster wheel play and and cheapens the entire experience.
For your information there is no cross-play between the Game Pass and the Steam version and yes it is absolutly retarded.

Played for a little bit and first impressions are pretty bad. Runs like a dog (dips to 40s on a Ryzen 5600 and a RTX 3070), much worse than Vermintide 2, doesn't look nearly as good, has a billion cutscenes with stronk wahmen cheering a bunch of losers on in the grim darkness of the far future, there are ching chong inquisitors in muh 40K... list goes on. Also, console interface with huge fonts, everything looks bland, zero personality, no Space Marines.

Deathwing which came out 4 years ago looks and runs 10x better.

somerandomdude

Learned
The whole argument of "you spent x hours on it so how can it be bad" is incredibly retarded and if you float another statement as stupid as that I am putting you on ignore as I have no patience for this type of retardation as I get older.
Personally, I don't put 110hrs into bad games. There's games I have put that many hours into that left a bad aftertaste, but I'm not a big enough faggot to expect a refund after 110hrs.

The fact that you get so defensive over this, and threaten to put me on ignore just makes you look like a cuckolded punk, to be honest.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Is it just me or are the graphics muddier than in beta? Could be because they reset my video settings after I painstakeningly perfected them... and like a normal person I didn't write them down somewhere.

I see they are reducing dodge cooldown as well as stagger/stun from ranged attacks, and max toughness now acts as a proper overshield blocking 100% of the next incoming attack, so no more going down at 1hp and max toughness after a poxwalkers spawns behind you and slaps you on the back. Good changes that are taking the game in the right direction, hopefully they maintain the course though as there is a lot of work yet to be done. Unfortunately, some bad changes too such as hurting vet sharpshooter instead of just bringing other classes up to its level, and for some bizarre reason increasing the "stun" (not "stagger") on getting hit by light attacks, which I can only see as making dealing with small mistakes more annoying. I'm not surprised and will still consider this a good move from FS overall, since a lot of the time they only make bad changes with no good ones which isn't the case here.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
max toughness now acts as a proper overshield blocking 100% of the next incoming attack, so no more going down at 1hp and max toughness after a poxwalkers spawns behind you and slaps you on the back.

Known issues as noted in patch notes.

• if toughness is above 100 (veteran or anyone who's stacked +toughness curios), they'll still take damage.

So basically everybody. But yeah, it sounds good. Guess I'll unequip my toughness curios since they're basically useless anyways.

None

Scholar
The rest of the game feels hollow, even in comparison to past titles, but I'm not aware of another game where I can swing a thunder hammer through massive hordes of enemies. There is something cathartic about it, which makes it enjoyable enough to push past any of the deficiencies.

Is it just me or are the graphics muddier than in beta? Could be because they reset my video settings after I painstakeningly perfected them... and like a normal person I didn't write them down somewhere.
I found turning off sharpening, motion blur, and all the lens effects helps alleviate this.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
The "Full Release" is literally nothing more than the beta with a cash shop added to it. That's it. No new weapons, crappier performance, features missing from the game (in game crafting has options saying "coming soon!!" in a supposed "full release"), bugs still present from beta. Shit is pathetic. Do not buy right now, wait for a discount at least 6 months from now.

"Polish up" means shoving in a ridiculous mobile game skinner box cash shop with timed cosmetics to cash in on the FOMO retards who play these sorts of games. What a joke. Fatshark has gone full ching chong Tencent.

A-Minish

Educated
Oh here we go. Not going to lie, it is funny seeing paypigs and MTX detractors tearing each other apart on forums, it is like seeing Halo Infinite all over again(even if Darktide is not exactly in a such a bad shape).

So if I get it right, and correct me if I dont, Darktide has 2 currencies :
- A normal one for gameplay items which are bought directly from an ingame shop, shop that changes its item selection after each game, also those items might be craftable later on this months(*Ranald's fringers crossed*).
- A Premium one for cosmetics and for stronger items(if like VT2 then craftable too), you can buy it or grind it by doing Contracts(the equivalant of daily/weekly challenges on V2, doable but still grindy), contracts which rewards you with a small amount of said currency, furthermore you can spend normal currency to swap a contract for another random contract. I also read and heard the premium shop has a rotating item selection, probably to creat a certain sens of urgency.

It would be fine if the Contracts did not gives a meager amount of currency honestly but if it did not then some people would not be manipulated into spending their hard-earned money I guess. I dont know, it does sound better and far worse than VT2 at the same time.

The game is still at 75% on Steam by the way.

Edit : About crafting, from Fatshark : https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1361210/view/3485252139459350311?l=english
Shrine of the Omnissiah
By now, many of you have fiercely proven your worth to the crew of the Mourningstar and have been rewarded with an ever-growing arsenal of weapons and curios drawn from Grendyl’s armoury.

But how can you customise those weapons to better suit the demands of Atoma’s gruelling war zones? Hadron Omega-7-7, the Mourningstar’s resident Tech-Priest, is ready - if not quite eager and willing - to provide her technical expertise to those Rejects who have earned the warbands' trust.

b40d8dc87f3ff45ab415d8519cea20f064a95e6a.png

The Shrine of the Omnissiah can be found on board the Mourningstar. Here, you can upgrade and modify your weapons and curios … so long as you have the necessary resources to do so. Hadron requires two resources to perform her labours: Plasteel and Diamantine. These resources can be salvaged from Tertium - the more dramatic the customisation and the rarer the weapon, the more Plasteel and Diamantine you’ll need.

bea0a5304313041032c053826d65782f8c8434f2.png

You will have access to five actions as part of the crafting systems at the Shrine: Consecrate, Earn Blessing, Combine Blessings, Re-Bless, and Refine Item.

Consecration
Consecrating a weapon or curio increases its sanctity in the eyes of the Emperor, improving its effectiveness, and adding a random Perk or Blessing, depending on the item type and its new sanctity level.

Earn Blessing
You may also choose to surrender a weapon to Hadron in exchange for a Votive Offering dedicated to one of the weapon’s Blessings. This allows you to extract the Blessings you are interested in from weapons you no longer want, and collect them for use with the Combine or Re-Bless actions.

Combine Blessings
At the Shrine you may choose to combine three Votive Offerings into a single upgraded Votive Offering. Currently, most Votive Offerings have a maximum Tier of IV, but there are some exceptions to this. We're testing a few different options with the requirements and the results of combining these Votive Offerings.

Re-Bless
By Re-Blessing a weapon in the Shrine, you can replace a weapon’s existing Blessing by expending a Votive Offering from your collection, further tailoring the weapon to your liking. The weapon gains the Blessing associated with the chosen Votive Offering -he original Blessing is lost in the process.

Refine Item
To refine your weapon and curios, Hadron takes your item and attempts to scour away the corrosion and damage of its long use, uncovering its true nature and altering its strengths. In game, these strengths take the form of the item’s Perks. Accordingly, each time you Refine an item, one Perk is discarded in favour of another, random Perk uncovered by Hadron’s repairs. Multiple refinements on the same item attract increasing costs - the deeper a weapon’s true character lies, the harder it is to reach it.

As an example, you may choose to select the perk “Deal +10% damage to Armored enemies” on your Chainsword for refinement and in its stead Hadron replaces it with “Increase Melee Critical Strike Chance by 2%”.

5a4625d3b8854771b9f438c6bbfecde873ad9464.png

At the heart of it
By now we expect you have experienced or heard about the first crafting feature available in Darktide, Consecration. We also hope this blog gives you a glimpse of the broader crafting system(s) and the depth of customising your weaponry and loadout for the perfect playstyle you wish to engage with. At the heart of this is the Blessing extraction and Re-Blessing functionality, where you can collect and swap out Blessings in order to customise the different combination of weapons you wish to experiment with.

We have learned a lot from our previous choices and gameplay surrounding crafting offered within the Vermintide series. For Darktide we wanted to take those lessons to expand and improve in such a way that crafting would become a central pillar of player progression, while giving more impact and agency to you, the player in your preferred playstyle.

The nature of randomization and repetitive actions sometimes seen within crafting is something that we are steering to avoid in the crafting system within Darktide. Meaningful choices will be made with strategy and goals behind them, as you set your eyes upon that perfect combination of melee and ranged weapons for your class.

Additionally, the crafting resources found within Darktide are now acquired in a completely different way than the Vermintide series. We opted to add these directly into missions as pickups to reward exploration, as well as rewards for completion of some specific objectives. We believe that this feels on theme to have players collecting these resources in the world, so keep your eyes peeled. You can currently find small and large caches of both Plasteel and Diamantine.

In closing, we hope you enjoyed this look into Darktide’s crafting system. We are excited to bring you the rest of the crafting features, which we'll gradually be rolling out throughout December. And we look forward to building upon this system in the future.

Thank you for reading, and watch each other's backs down there on Tertium.

From the warp : https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/z7b362/psa_full_crafting_mechanics_will_not_be_available/
"Sometime later" :hahyou:

Last edited:
Oh here we go. Not going to lie, it is funny seeing paypigs and MTX detractors tearing each other apart on forums, it is like seeing Halo Infinite all over again(even if Darktide is not exactly in a such a bad shape).

- A normal one for gameplay items which are bought directly from an ingame shop, shop that changes its item selection after each game, also those items might be craftable later on this months(*Ranald's fringers crossed*).
- A Premium one for cosmetics and for stronger items(if like VT2 then craftable too), you can buy it or grind it by doing Contracts(the equivalant of daily/weekly challenges on V2, doable but still grindy), contracts which rewards you with a small amount of said currency, furthermore you can spend normal currency to swap a contract for another random contract. I also read and heard the premium shop has a rotating item selection, probably to creat a certain sens of urgency.
There are actually 5 currencies in total. 4 of them can be obtained by playing (from finishing missions/challenges/as pickups), but the last is only from paying real money. The real money one is currently only for cosmetics, but they say it's also going to be used for buying gameplay DLC when they make it. Which also means there's no way they'll ever add a way to get it for free, since they definitely don't want people to be able to get DLC just by grinding hard enough. We gotta pay.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Played for a little bit and first impressions are pretty bad. Runs like a dog (dips to 40s on a Ryzen 5600 and a RTX 3070), much worse than Vermintide 2, doesn't look nearly as good, has a billion cutscenes with stronk wahmen cheering a bunch of losers on in the grim darkness of the far future, there are ching chong inquisitors in muh 40K... list goes on. Also, console interface with huge fonts, everything looks bland, zero personality, no Space Marines.

Interesting. On a RTX 3070 and it runs very well for me. Even with RTX stuff on.

While I think the general gameplay is okay, all the women in leading positions is extremely tiresome like you say. Another thing that had me dip out is the predatory microtransaction stuff. It's pretty clear the game was made grindy as hell to force players paying real money for new stuff. After a few levels in, I'm still running around in prison garbs. The Empire is probably stingy with money and equipment, but not even giving their men uniforms? Big doubt.

Harthwain

Magister
Do not buy right now, wait for a discount at least 6 months from now.
Buy it, leave a negative review and refund.

It would be fine if the Contracts did not gives a meager amount of currency honestly but if it did not then some people would not be manipulated into spending their hard-earned money I guess. I dont know, it does sound better and far worse than VT2 at the same time.

The game is still at 75% on Steam by the way.

Edit : About crafting, from Fatshark : https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1361210/view/3485252139459350311?l=english
Shrine of the Omnissiah
By now, many of you have fiercely proven your worth to the crew of the Mourningstar and have been rewarded with an ever-growing arsenal of weapons and curios drawn from Grendyl’s armoury.

But how can you customise those weapons to better suit the demands of Atoma’s gruelling war zones? Hadron Omega-7-7, the Mourningstar’s resident Tech-Priest, is ready - if not quite eager and willing - to provide her technical expertise to those Rejects who have earned the warbands' trust.

b40d8dc87f3ff45ab415d8519cea20f064a95e6a.png

The Shrine of the Omnissiah can be found on board the Mourningstar. Here, you can upgrade and modify your weapons and curios … so long as you have the necessary resources to do so. Hadron requires two resources to perform her labours: Plasteel and Diamantine. These resources can be salvaged from Tertium - the more dramatic the customisation and the rarer the weapon, the more Plasteel and Diamantine you’ll need.

bea0a5304313041032c053826d65782f8c8434f2.png

You will have access to five actions as part of the crafting systems at the Shrine: Consecrate, Earn Blessing, Combine Blessings, Re-Bless, and Refine Item.

Consecration
Consecrating a weapon or curio increases its sanctity in the eyes of the Emperor, improving its effectiveness, and adding a random Perk or Blessing, depending on the item type and its new sanctity level.

Earn Blessing
You may also choose to surrender a weapon to Hadron in exchange for a Votive Offering dedicated to one of the weapon’s Blessings. This allows you to extract the Blessings you are interested in from weapons you no longer want, and collect them for use with the Combine or Re-Bless actions.

Combine Blessings
At the Shrine you may choose to combine three Votive Offerings into a single upgraded Votive Offering. Currently, most Votive Offerings have a maximum Tier of IV, but there are some exceptions to this. We're testing a few different options with the requirements and the results of combining these Votive Offerings.

Re-Bless
By Re-Blessing a weapon in the Shrine, you can replace a weapon’s existing Blessing by expending a Votive Offering from your collection, further tailoring the weapon to your liking. The weapon gains the Blessing associated with the chosen Votive Offering -he original Blessing is lost in the process.

Refine Item
To refine your weapon and curios, Hadron takes your item and attempts to scour away the corrosion and damage of its long use, uncovering its true nature and altering its strengths. In game, these strengths take the form of the item’s Perks. Accordingly, each time you Refine an item, one Perk is discarded in favour of another, random Perk uncovered by Hadron’s repairs. Multiple refinements on the same item attract increasing costs - the deeper a weapon’s true character lies, the harder it is to reach it.

As an example, you may choose to select the perk “Deal +10% damage to Armored enemies” on your Chainsword for refinement and in its stead Hadron replaces it with “Increase Melee Critical Strike Chance by 2%”.

5a4625d3b8854771b9f438c6bbfecde873ad9464.png

At the heart of it
By now we expect you have experienced or heard about the first crafting feature available in Darktide, Consecration. We also hope this blog gives you a glimpse of the broader crafting system(s) and the depth of customising your weaponry and loadout for the perfect playstyle you wish to engage with. At the heart of this is the Blessing extraction and Re-Blessing functionality, where you can collect and swap out Blessings in order to customise the different combination of weapons you wish to experiment with.

We have learned a lot from our previous choices and gameplay surrounding crafting offered within the Vermintide series. For Darktide we wanted to take those lessons to expand and improve in such a way that crafting would become a central pillar of player progression, while giving more impact and agency to you, the player in your preferred playstyle.

The nature of randomization and repetitive actions sometimes seen within crafting is something that we are steering to avoid in the crafting system within Darktide. Meaningful choices will be made with strategy and goals behind them, as you set your eyes upon that perfect combination of melee and ranged weapons for your class.

Additionally, the crafting resources found within Darktide are now acquired in a completely different way than the Vermintide series. We opted to add these directly into missions as pickups to reward exploration, as well as rewards for completion of some specific objectives. We believe that this feels on theme to have players collecting these resources in the world, so keep your eyes peeled. You can currently find small and large caches of both Plasteel and Diamantine.

In closing, we hope you enjoyed this look into Darktide’s crafting system. We are excited to bring you the rest of the crafting features, which we'll gradually be rolling out throughout December. And we look forward to building upon this system in the future.

Thank you for reading, and watch each other's backs down there on Tertium.

It gets better than that:

brs3d1asi53a1.png

Even their reddit blew up over how dumb this "release" is.

Interesting. On a RTX 3070 and it runs very well for me. Even with RTX stuff on.

While I think the general gameplay is okay, all the women in leading positions is extremely tiresome like you say. Another thing that had me dip out is the predatory microtransaction stuff. It's pretty clear the game was made grindy as hell to force players paying real money for new stuff. After a few levels in, I'm still running around in prison garbs. The Empire is probably stingy with money and equipment, but not even giving their men uniforms? Big doubt.
"Very well" is subjective - while it mostly stays above 60 FPS for me in 1440p (usually around 70-80, but as I said sometimes it dips into the 40s, rare but it happens), Vermintide 2 mostly hovers around 90+ in 4k. I think after getting a 120hz panel I'm a little spoiled.

I don't think Darktide looks any better than VT2 (or at all) to justify the drop. However, it could just be a processor issue. These games are very processor heavy. I ordered a 5800X3D that I got for a fair price during these recent black friday sales, but I'm running a 5600 atm. What is your processor?

A-Minish

Educated
It gets better than that:

brs3d1asi53a1.png

Even their reddit blew up over how dumb this "release" is.
So no "weapon/item crafting" per se, just "stats tinkering". I suppose it would undermine a bit the gameplay loop past a certain amount of resources in stock. Still a bit sad :?

Also
"Crafting weapons doesn't really fit the theme of the setting"
But the fucking shop and cash shop are fitting I guess.
538.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom