Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Callisto Protocol - new survival horror from Dead Space creator

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
60euros for a 9-hour game with no replayability !?

This publisher is greedy af.

edit: it's a mess. retarded dodge mechanics. jump scares. shitty PC port from consoles. also unfinished.

now i undestand Schofield shilling. he was desperate to push this shit out the door. the game will probably be on sale after the holiday

the game crashes drops frames on ps4 and ps5. wtf!? this is cyberpunk launch retardness

ps4 and pc versions are unplayable. ps5 version is stable with performance mode.

no cutscenes skipping. yeah, schofield just destroyed his reputation.

and there is more: you have to stomp each dead body for credits. or health.

Last edited:
Looks like a lot of performance issues for the PC version at this point. Going to wait and see if it ever gets fixed, maybe after a price drop too.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Just more unfinished trash with dodgy looking free key positive reviews and three different EULAs including the usual "we collect everything including your penis size" telemetry.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
21% of the steam reviews are positive which means 79% are negative

edit: the stutter protocol ... :) already a meme

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The only good part about this release is that they were greedy and there were no discounted Steam key on other sites.

This means that atm there is a big wave of refunds. Poetic justice.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Have you already finished it, Daedalos ? We're anxiously waiting for your review!
Lol wtf nigger, I'm at work, it only released like 1 hour ago in europe for me. I will have time to play 2-3 hours later, office christmas party today so.

But sadly I'm seeing alot of performance issues due to the shitty Unreal 4 engine shader compilation stuff thats supposedly fixed in Unreal 5.1+
So ppl are angry, stuttering etc. it wont bother me much, as long as the game itself is good, which seems to be the case from the reviews

Imma do a ultra short mini review next week probably

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Even if they fix the performance, it's still a shit game. I was right all along. :smug:
Most of the complaints right now, are just technical issues and performance, and some saying the melee combat is too hard etc.. and most complain its too much like dead space.. well what did u expect.
I can handle all that.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Honestly the game is not bad but no way it is worth 60 $. It is short. Without the technical issues, it would make for a good 35-40 $ game.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron

Complete dumpsterfire.

It's not only a spiritual successor. Many features and props figurativelly scream "Hey, this his how I can make the Dead Space sequel without YOU. Heck, I'm eben gonna use some of its names where I want."
I don't know the story behind this but I'd certainly like to know who or what is that "YOU" :shittydog:

Last edited:

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Skimmed the Gman review as well, it looks like a linear/"cinematic" action game, not some survival horror I've seen it billed as. With that art direction I think a more moody/meditative/puzzley feel, with spurts of action thrown in seems more fitting.. Probably just a case of not being for me. Is this game "A to B" or more of a "dungeon"? It's hard to tell

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Skimmed the Gman review as well, it looks like a linear/"cinematic" action game, not some survival horror I've seen it billed as. With that art direction I think a more moody/meditative/puzzley feel, with spurts of action thrown in seems more fitting.. Probably just a case of not being for me. Is this game "A to B" or more of a "dungeon"? It's hard to tell
There is a lengthy introduction, sort-of. Not tutorial per-se, not the real game world either. Once I've played the game for a few hours, I'll let you know which is it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom