Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Colony Ship RELEASE THREAD

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Just finished my first run in 46h.

Used a high charisma/ speech character and it was a breeze, but I should probably have a stronger party, as some enemies were impossible to face. I had to simply ignore some combats or I would be wiped out.

Nice game, I LOVE the theme. The atmosphere and writing is superb, but the final third is so rushed that it's not even fun, it's basically just click -> go somewhere -> click -> go somewhere -> click... ad infinitum. I hope we will have an enhanced edition/ expansions in the future.
Okay, I seem to have used a similar build of my team (lead by a diplomat, too weak for some encounters). But how the hell did you manage to get 46h out of the game? It had enough content for like 18-24 :)

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Just finished my first run in 46h.

Used a high charisma/ speech character and it was a breeze, but I should probably have a stronger party, as some enemies were impossible to face. I had to simply ignore some combats or I would be wiped out.

Nice game, I LOVE the theme. The atmosphere and writing is superb, but the final third is so rushed that it's not even fun, it's basically just click -> go somewhere -> click -> go somewhere -> click... ad infinitum. I hope we will have an enhanced edition/ expansions in the future.
Okay, I seem to have used a similar build of my team (lead by a diplomat, too weak for some encounters). But how the hell did you manage to get 46h out of the game? It had enough content for like 18-24 :)

I play it very slow, indeed. :negative:

Usually I take 50% more time than most people, on any game. I explore every corner, go here and there, then I come back to check if I can open more paths with my new ability levels, etc. Sometimes I sleep while playing it, or I leave it paused and go to watch tv, or have dinner... I dont know, man... I am slow :D

Irminsul

Literate
I finished mine yesterday with 52 hours.
Overall the sum of the people in this thread have been proven correct: the game is good, but not as good as Age of Decadence. I actually liked the last act. Especially compared to the habitat, which was utter shit.

T_P_GEN_Male_02_v1.jpg
T_P_GEN_Male_02_v1.jpg
T_P_GEN_Male_02_v1.jpg
T_P_GEN_Male_02_v1.jpg
T_P_GEN_Male_02_v1.jpg
T_P_GEN_Male_02_v1.jpg
T_P_GEN_Male_02_v1.jpg

T_P_Arena_04_Looter.png
T_P_Arena_04_Looter.png
T_P_Arena_04_Looter.png
T_P_Arena_04_Looter.png
T_P_Arena_04_Looter.png
T_P_Arena_04_Looter.png

Fuck off.

By the way, I saw MRY is credited as writer and designer. I am very curious what he contributed.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I kept getting confused by the cryptic text of the "Prowler" feat, but I found an explanation on the steam forums. No idea why they didn't just go with "Turn some red tiles yellow" instead of "Yellow tiles range increased to 30 (from 15)".

jackofshadows

Magister
Wasn't that... literal description from the game's tooltip? 100% sure didn't look that parcticular one up.

SixDead

Educated
It seems I failed my first playthrough, as I predicted. Stuck at the end of Act 3.
Attack on Armory. I can't win the battle, attackers' robot molests me and I intentionally made my companions bad at combat (because Fayth is a woman and Evans is a beta-male). I also can't bring Romeo to battle, since quest to repair him is bugged. Stealth is not an option, I can't reach motherfuckers and I couldn't obtain upgrades for cloacking field, don't have right skills for that. The only way to progress is to join enemies, the Brotherhood. But I don't want to! They are liberals. Can I at least betray them in the future, if I join?

agris

Arcane
Patron
It seems I failed my first playthrough, as I predicted. Stuck at the end of Act 3.
Attack on Armory. I can't win the battle, attackers' robot molests me and I intentionally made my companions bad at combat (because Fayth is a woman and Evans is beta-male). I also can't bring Romeo to battle, since quest to repair him is bugged. Stealth is not an option, I can't reach motherfuckers and I couldn't obtain upgrades for cloacking field, don't have right skills for that. The only way to progress is to join enemies, the Brotherhood. But I don't want to! They are liberals. Can I at least betray them in the future, if I join?
so by stuck you mean "can proceed in a way that provides consequences for my choices", but you don't like it?

what is bugged about Romeo's repair?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Attack on Armory. I can't win the battle, attackers' robot molests me and I intentionally made my companions bad at combat (because Fayth is a woman and Evans is beta-male). I also can't bring Romeo to battle, since quest to repair him is bugged. Stealth is not an option, I can't reach motherfuckers and I couldn't obtain upgrades for cloacking field, don't have right skills for that. The only way to progress is to join enemies, the Brotherhood. But I don't want to! They are liberals. Can I at least betray them in the future, if I join?
so by stuck you mean "can proceed in a way that provides consequences for my choices", but you don't like it?

"I made my guys suck so now they suck, hurr durr."

SixDead

Educated

Yes, I can proceed in a way that provides consequences for my choices, but I don't like it.

I brought all 3 parts to Romeo, but in dialogue with him it still says Head, Gyroscope and Armor are missing parts.

Beans00

Augur
This is going to be harsh but I played this game for a few hours yesterday finally and I'm not impressed at all.

AOD had some flaws, big ones but overall I would say I enjoyed the experience. Colonyship unironically feels like slavjank from the mid 00's. The combat feels like complete shit(where aod and DR and even dead state combat felt good), the writing wasn't great in aod but it's worse here. I thought the setting would be interesting but it's boring so far. The game is unoptimized, the ui feels bad, there's minimal environmental, or npc interaction at least in the early areas(which aod wasn't great with either to be fair).

I'll try to play more and maybe my opinion will change, but so far this seems like a major bust for me and I'm glad I got it in the gift thread.

Beans00

Augur
The game is unoptimized
? how so? Load times are instant even towards end game, its best performing game in a while. Cant believe im saying this, but everything loads faster than gorasul for me

Well my pc is shit so normally I wouldn't bring this up, I managed to get it running well in fullscreen mode + low res. I'm only triggered because the game clearly looks like something from 2007 and it shouldn't chug that bad. Especially when I can run much nicer looking games.

I blame unreal engine more then anything.

Beans00

Augur
the game clearly looks like something from 2007
On your potato rig - sure.

My pc isn't great, but if I can run KCD I shouldn't have any problems running this.

Either way it doesn't matter I got it running just at shitty low resolution, point is this game sucks. Several codexers I know also think it sucks but I don't think they want to stir the autism hornets nest so they haven't posted anything on this thread.

jackofshadows

Magister
Either way it doesn't matter I got it running just at shitty low resolution, point is this game sucks. Several codexers I know also think it sucks but I don't think they want to stir the autism hornets nest so they haven't posted anything on this thread.
Nah, it's a very good game, just not for everyone even here on the Cotex. I'd say certainly not for you remembering the UR vs Fallout thread but after all, you've finished UR, so finish this and then form your valuable opinion.

Beans00

Augur
Nah, it's a very good game, just not for everyone even here on the Cotex. I'd say certainly not for you remembering the UR vs Fallout thread but after all, you've finished UR, so finish this and then form your valuable opinion.

I liked underrail, Fallout is simply better in my opinion.
Underrail is easily in my top 20 rpg's of all time, maybe pushing top 15. The game has very serious flaws, but the positives are enough to outweigh the flaws.

I will play more colony ship and maybe my opinion will change. I did not like underrail at first but at the very least underrail had intriguing(but autistic) combat and an interesting world and good atmosphere which got me to depot A(where the game picks up imo). I don't feel any of that with colony ship so far.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
But that's some kind of a bug. I could repair Romeo just fine last weekend.
I think this bug was fixed in one of the first rounds of patches
I think it is the opposite: It worked fine for me on release but after the last patch (1.0.18) I had this bug as well in a new playthrough. Currently, I have another one where I cannot extract the head at all. Very annoying.

Last edited:

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
Wasn't that... literal description from the game's tooltip? 100% sure didn't look that parcticular one up.
The description of the feat in the character screen is "Yellow tiles range increased to 30 (from 15)". I'm not sure whether this is the tooltip you mean or whether I missed some additional one.

jackofshadows

Magister
The description of the feat in the character screen is "Yellow tiles range increased to 30 (from 15)". I'm not sure whether this is the tooltip you mean or whether I missed some additional one.
I'd thought that with in-game description it's intuitively clear that some red tiles will turn yellow and likewise some yellow tiles will turn green. The meta explanation does little since we cannot see the tile's difficulty anyway (we don't, right?).

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
the game clearly looks like something from 2007
On your potato rig - sure.

My pc isn't great, but if I can run KCD I shouldn't have any problems running this.

Either way it doesn't matter I got it running just at shitty low resolution, point is this game sucks. Several codexers I know also think it sucks but I don't think they want to stir the autism hornets nest so they haven't posted anything on this thI

I kind of had the same thing but with a decent computer. V-sync actually fixed the issue for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom