Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex 2023 GOTY - POLL IS CLOSED!

Viata

Arcane
Yeah, my nigga, we also have General Gaming subforum to discuss every game released to any console, but we are not voting on them in this GOTY. So fuck off, retard.

So fuck off, retard.
This you, my nigga?

Might explain why you are so upset. it must be upsetting being a degenerate, that is not able to hold a controller correctly with his club fingers and must therefore push a mouse around with his micropenis.

qhbckDx.jpeg

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Calm your butthurts. Amass them so you can release them in full potential once results are out.

Nigga, you're so dumb that you can't even tell the difference between tongue-in-cheek humor and actual aggressiveness towards the creators of this GOTY poll.

Anyway, my bad for forgetting that this place is full of poor fag Third-Worlders and eastern-block Euroniggers with mother's that could never afford to buy them even a PS5.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The poll has every single piece of shit shovelware, that nobody has ever heard of, but a big release like Final Fantasy XVI is missing.

:deathclaw:

In before "b-b-but it is more action oriented, ADULF! RPG-FASCIST!!!!"
Everyone was allowed to suggest games to add to the list. You failed to do this, as did all the other FF XVI fans (assuming they exist).
Like all history, RPG history belongs to those that show up.

I am not aware there was any rule it had to be on PC, but most codexers primarily use a PC so if it's not on PC there's probably no way it can win.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Calm your butthurts. Amass them so you can release them in full potential once results are out.
But those results are too easily predictable.
even if number 1 is quite predictable this year, I'm curious about the next positions on the list.

My predictions

1. BG3
2. JA3
3. Caves of Lore

The following spots followed by some variation of Colony Ship, Space Wreck, Rogue Trader and maybe a joke or sleeper vote.

Starfield won't be top 10, maybe not even top 20. Unless it's the joke vote.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
Story players will unite around BG3 I'd imagine and that will be enough to win it first.

Not sure what else would get in the top 3? Caves Of Lore maybe? Not sure JA3 has the broad based of support needed to crack the top 3.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
But those results are too easily predictable.
even if number 1 is quite predictable this year, I'm curious about the next positions on the list.

My predictions

1. BG3
2. JA3
3. Caves of Lore

The following spots followed by some variation of Colony Ship, Space Wreck, Rogue Trader and maybe a joke or sleeper vote.

Starfield won't be top 10, maybe not even top 20. Unless it's the joke vote.

RPGs, much like God, is dead.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I think Phantom Liberty might find its way into top 3.

Also, I'd like to see Space Wreck and Heads Will Roll:Reforged in top 10.

Starfield won't slip into top 10 spots.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I agree. Polish GTA with stats is definitely going to be in the top 3.

Caim

Arcane
to buy them even a PS5.
Indeed, I'm still collecting money to buy PS5 and play all these wonderful exclusive RPGs.

e6a.png
The list has expanded to 13, not all of which are out yet:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_5-only_games
A gathering of remakes, superhero slop, weeb shit, coomer bait, proofs of concept, the zoomer version of Twisted Metal and a bad Dead Space ripoff where you're a fireman instead of an engineer.

ferratilis

Magister
We all know that lanky Belgian cocksucker is going to win again, so I did my part and voted for Colony Ship. At least we can die fighting.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Another missing omission, ain't played it but it's been highly recommended and despite being animu, no codexer can look me in the eye and say this is any gayer then other high profile contenders this year.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
You niggers are getting awfully worked up about all this. Literally just vote for some shit. I played Legends of Amberland 2 and I liked it so I gave it a 5.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom