Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Coming 22 Mar, 2024
This game plans to unlock in approximately 4 hours
Well, I wonder who gave it score on PC when it still not out.

100:
GamingBolt
Eurogamer
NME
Gfinity
GLHF on Sports Illustrated
95:
Gamers Heroes
PlayStation Universe
GamingTrend
BaziCenter
94:Hobby Consolas
92:Areajugones
91:Vandal
80:IGN (Surprisingly only 80. IGN France only 70.)

Frame rate can get very rough
Crappy dialogue animations
Some slightly tedious fetch quests
And this is from TBA scores.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Here's the thing many of you doomers don't seem to get. You could say all this shit about the original DD release on PS3. And it was all true. It was still true during the DD:DA release on PS3. It wasn't until the PS4 release of DD:DA and later, the PC release, that there was enough hardware power to stop the game from shitting itself at times due to whatever it was trying to simulate.

And yet, it was still a fantastic game that holds up now. Everything that's been described by reviewers and interviews have suggested that this really is just a relatively completed vision of the original DD. Go cry about whether or not it meets whatever arbitrary performance standard you have in your head with your 15 year old hardware. When you're done, ponder the meaning of, "Pearls before swine." Fucking philistines.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Coming 22 Mar, 2024

100:
GamingBolt
Eurogamer
NME
Gfinity
95:
Gamers Heroes
PlayStation Universe
GamingTrend
BaziCenter

Your posts are incomprehensible.

Sentinel

Arcane
Everything that's been described by reviewers and interviews have suggested that this really is just a relatively completed vision of the original DD
But it's the exact opposite. Unless you mean to tell me that Capcom accidentally included more monsters than they intended in the original DD and removed them for DD2 to comply with their original vision? lol.

This "it's their original vision!" shit is just cope. DD2 is another unfinished game, hastily pushed out the door to meet their FY23 release. Will probably be just as fun as DD1, but the most fun parts of DD1 were in BBI, which is absent in DD2.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Everything that's been described by reviewers and interviews have suggested that this really is just a relatively completed vision of the original DD
But it's the exact opposite. Unless you mean to tell me that Capcom accidentally included more monsters than they intended in the original DD and removed them for DD2 to comply with their original vision? lol.

This "it's their original vision!" shit is just cope. DD2 is another unfinished game, hastily pushed out the door to meet their FY23 release. Will probably be just as fun as DD1, but the most fun parts of DD1 were in BBI, which is absent in DD2.
Then fuck off until it's BBI releases. As if the game needs it. DD1 was awesome before the expansion. All the pussy whiners need to piss off and let us "beta-testers" do our work. You're becoming insufferable.

Silverfish

Arbiter
For fucks sake, after the success of Elden Ring you would think devs would man up and start putting some goddam challenge in their games, but no let's make sure everyone and their grandma can beat it

Can you believe the audacity of people wanting to unwind at the end of a long day with some fun, easy gaming?

Itsuno and his team should stick to DMC, honestly.

Fuck no. Let him make DD games exclusively from now on. Someone who knows what they're doing can have DMC.

Are you ashamed of your degenerate arisens and pawns?

No, but in Cyberpunk, I did try to make the dickgirl from Bible Black.

Leaks say it dips to around 20 FPS on PS5 :M

Even lower than The Order 1886. Nice.

Sentinel

Arcane

Then fuck off until it's BBI releases. As if the game needs it. DD1 was awesome before the expansion. All the pussy whiners need to piss off and let us "beta-testers" do our work. You're becoming insufferable.
Don't make a videogame your personality bro, no one is attacking you. Calm down tismo.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Don't make a videogame your personality bro, no one is attacking you. Calm down tismo.
So far the only legit complaints are performance and there only being one save slot. Everything else is superficial nonsense y'all pulling out of your ass. Whining for the sake of whining. It's a disease that infests this forum.

mediocrepoet

Patron
GJB0favWkAAh4xH.jpg

Just the usual crywankfest before people are too distracted by actually playing games to pay any attention to it.

NotSweeper

Educated

Shrimp

Arbiter
So far the only legit complaints are performance and there only being one save slot.
One save slot is huge incline. Save-scummers are cancer. Learn to live with your decisions peasants!
Playing ironman mode doesn't really bother me, but I think it's retarded that I lose my first character/save if I want to start over on a new playthrough.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
How is the woke content level?

A whole lot of nergroes (not little brown islanders like the first game, but actual african looking apes), and some truly degenerate furrybait, which suits the codex just fine.

The npc you must return to, time and time again, to push the main quest is this poopstain.
capcom-release-date-dragons-dogma-2-1.jpg

These creatures are now wandering around, talking like brits
dragons-dogma_MMBo2Wy.jpg

The minimum height slider is set higher than the average height of a japanese female. Thats linked several pages back. Although I am thinking you are fine with that. It still tells a lot about a Japanese game dev setting the minimum height to be taller than their own females average height.

Crapcom does the wests bidding. More negroes, more furshit.

You can watch livestreams now if you are wanting to see the various NPC quest givers and pawns to get an idea of just how degenerate this game is.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
One save slot is huge incline. Save-scummers are cancer. Learn to live with your decisions peasants!
Doesn't the game's class system essentially let you be a Jack of Most Trades anyway?

I doubt this is going to be BG3 with hundreds of variants of each act or anything either.

mediocrepoet

Patron
So far the only legit complaints are performance and there only being one save slot.
Playing ironman mode doesn't really bother me, but I think it's retarded that I lose my first character/save if I want to start over on a new playthrough.
I think it's less of an issue in DD2 since your stats seem to adjust with your class and be primarily based on equipment and augments.

But I agree in general, they should've made some sort of save directory tree connected to a character. The only thing I can think of that would complicate this is the pawn rift system, both for crediting your account with the items, crystals and feedback to the right character, and to ensure their servers aren't clogged with some guy's 90 inactive alt pawns, etc. and the pending transactions related to them. You'd probably also need a check so you couldn't just hire your own alt pawns to generate RC.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Doesn't the game's class system essentially let you be a Jack of Most Trades anyway?

I doubt this is going to be BG3 with hundreds of variants of each act or anything either.
Yeah, apparently you can swap in and out whenever now without needing to go to an inn. But if NPCs stay dead, there could be some actual consequences.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Wait it's not one save per character? Your save actually gets overwritten if you start a new game? If confirmed then lame.

Also ironman is different, it's "you die, you start over", afaik.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Coming 22 Mar, 2024

100:
GamingBolt
Eurogamer
NME
Gfinity
95:
Gamers Heroes
PlayStation Universe
GamingTrend
BaziCenter

Your posts are incomprehensible.
This is a simple list of PC reviews from metacritic.
You can see GamingBolt gave it score 100.
TBA means to be announced, which means Gaming magazine didn't decide on score yet. The quote is obviously from one of reviews with TBA scores.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Wait it's not one save per character? Your save actually gets overwritten if you start a new game? If confirmed then lame.

Also ironman is different, it's "you die, you start over", afaik.

Yeah, the first game was like that too. And if you copy your saves around to circumvent it, it does make some pawn return type stuff a bit wonky.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom