Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Artyoan

Arbiter
I'm surprised they didn't have riftstones act as bonfires and do away with save loading. I'm guessing they wouldn't be able to get quests functioning as desired under that system. Doubt anyone would have cared if no in-game explanation was given for constant revival.

Dyet

Novice
Hype's dying down big time. No holy boon, half of the skills and monsters are missing, 4 spell slots, post game apparently shite.

Glad I didn't pay full price for it, gutted though.
If you're on PC, there's a mod that lets you change your skills to another set by pressing a key. As for the total number of skills, Sorcerer, in particular, does seem to have been gutted.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
And that's an excuse how?
It's not an excuse. Neither is your inability to read, both on the forums here where people repeatedly complained about the save system that should've warned you multiple times (myself included), or the actual in-game information that asks for confirmation before you load a game.

Is the save system bad? Yeah. Should it be improved? Yeah. Was I retarded for clicking the wrong load and losing 2hours of progress early on? Yeah. Are you retarded for clicking the wrong load? Yeah.

Not any japanese's person fault your mom was on a lead-based prenatal diet, so just own up to it like a man instead of whining like a cuck.

Savegame Manager Mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma2/mods/52

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
This game makes feel Elden Retards insecure.

Identify them in the negative reactions to this message.
As an Elden Ring fan myself, I recognize DD2 is the far superior game. It's sad to see other ER fans stoop so low as to try and make this masterpiece look bad. I regret conversing with them in the ER thread. Pathetic loons.

It's not just them. I believe BG3 fans are also attacking this game out of spite. Probably doesn't have enough degeneracy.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
This game is definitely my GOTY 2024
if it weren't for Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance. :smug:

cruel

Cipher
At thw same time kinda disappointed they really showed everything in the promi material. I have like 600 kills so far and lile 400 of them are goblins. So basically the regular enemies are still goblins, wolves, harpies and saurians. Like what the fuck?

This is the shortest possible explanation why everyone saying 'DD is the best action RPG ever!!!!!!' should be automatically labelled as a retard. Action RPG makes the emphasis on 'action' part, which involves fighting monsters (duh) - and here you are, people pretending that fighting 5 unique regular enemies for 60h+ is completely fine, fun and not boring at all. And I see that 12 years were not enough to improve upon this.

Just to compare, some other games from a studio that knows what's important in a game like this:

Elden Ring - 140+ enemy types (!)

Dark Souls 1 - Around 67 enemy types

Dark Souls 2 - Around 69 enemy types

Bloodborne - Around 61 enemy types.

Dark Souls 3 - Around 70 enemy types.

Source for data: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eldenring/comments/tk4vk2/on_elden_rings_enemy_variety_and_how_it_compares/

Tehdagah

Arcane
Based...

jQZxKiv.png

Golden Axe pictures added for funs.
I don't like seeing the same rocks for the 2000th time.

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Sure ER's 140+ roster is a big number, but what matters is if they are mechanically different to fight. DD's are decently fleshed out, and the smaller enemies especially can offer some variety (poison/rock-armored saurians, little green vietcong gobbos hiding in bushes for an ambush, etc) but at the end of the day it is lacking. I hope the rumored fall expansion fully ameliorates this issue.

Suicidal

Arcane
At thw same time kinda disappointed they really showed everything in the promi material. I have like 600 kills so far and lile 400 of them are goblins. So basically the regular enemies are still goblins, wolves, harpies and saurians. Like what the fuck?

This is the shortest possible explanation why everyone saying 'DD is the best action RPG ever!!!!!!' should be automatically labelled as a retard. Action RPG makes the emphasis on 'action' part, which involves fighting monsters (duh) - and here you are, people pretending that fighting 5 unique regular enemies for 60h+ is completely fine, fun and not boring at all. And I see that 12 years were not enough to improve upon this.

Just to compare, some other games from a studio that knows what's important in a game like this:

Source for data: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eldenring/comments/tk4vk2/on_elden_rings_enemy_variety_and_how_it_compares/
More enemies does not mean better when all of them are fought by either "roll-roll-attack" or "stunlock until dead" methods.

d1r

Patron

More enemies does not mean better when all of them are fought by either "roll-roll-attack" or "stunlock until dead" methods.
Yup. Fighting enemies, especially the big ones, in DD2 feels way more 'action' than anything you fight in Elden Ring.

Losus4

Literate
Does the game have any survival mechanics? In the first DD if you got wet there would be a small penalty to speed IIRC, anything like that in Dogma 2? What about hunger, sleep, or temperature? If no survival mechanics are present would the game be fitting for them via mods?

Yosharian

Arcane
39 hours played so far and finally ready to leave first region :shittydog:
Yeah I am 36 hours in, just finished out my build completely, only XP left for progression now.

Think I'm like 1/3 of the way through the game lol

I managed to get into Battahl the sneaky way, and once I got the other side of the checkpoint, all the guards went apeshit on me, then when I got to the capital I managed to buy up all the great gear I wanted before some fucking guard wouldn't get off my balls and started making the whole capital aggro on me

I would actually have been softlocked here if I hadn't had any ferrystones because there was no way for me to get back through the checkpoint

In other news Battahl smithing on armour items is pure shit, it's the same as Vermund except heavier. So there is literally no benefit to it for armor lmao

d1r

Patron
Does the game have any survival mechanics? In the first DD if you got wet there would be a small penalty to speed IIRC, anything like that in Dogma 2? What about hunger, sleep, or temperature? If no survival mechanics are present would the game be fitting for them via mods?
no no no no
don't look for any survival in this game

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Rain/drenched status puts out your lantern, prevents you from being tarred, reduces fire damage and ups lightning, and also increases the chance of being frozen. The only real survival system is that wounds have your max hp go down, forcing you to carry heavy camping gear that can break and find a pre-established spot. To me stuff like hunger or sleep usually feel like tacked on busy-work systems unless properly accounted for and worked into systemic play.

Yosharian

Arcane
Oh yeah and another thing

If you're running a Sorc do not bother doing the Maister quests at all, both Maelstrom and Meteoron are complete garbage...

...compared to Prescient/Augural Flare which absolutely destroys bosses.

You cast this blob onto an enemy and then rapid fire it with your staff (High Celerity ftw) or with High Levin

boss explodes

gg

you can use Spellhold to insta-cast (well kinda) Maelstrom/Meteoron I suppose but I just don't see the point

Yosharian

Arcane
Going to wait on this one for the eventual ultimate version in a year or so. Might replay the first one in the meantime.
Yes I would highly recommend it, the game is fantastic but the performance issues are a fucking nightmare

I am going to finish up my Sorc playthrough and then as you say when the ultimate version or whatever comes out I will do a martial playthrough of some sort, perhaps Thief, or maybe Mystic Archer, not sure yet

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Not any japanese's person fault
There's a standard for saving games that's been established for decades and they went against it. Their fault + gooks retarded and can't into PC games.
Translation: I can't read or think for myself and it's someone else's fault! Also, can someone change my diaper!?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom