Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Speaking of which pure sex. Warrior vocation is pure sex. Easily the best two hander class in any arpg bar none. IT reminds me a lot of Monster Hunter GS but even with more weight behind every swing and even more deliberate tactical attacks. The difference between overhead smash and sweep might be stunlock and death.
It was between Warrior and Archer for me. I chose archer and I kind of regret it watching videos of the warrior. I'm not even going to attempt changing to that vocation because my chick is about 5 foot 6. The weapon and size of her ass alone would make her constantly overburdened. And I'm not turning her into a man, or making her a bull dyke.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Not exaggerating at all. I am 33 hours in and I am yet to visit other nation. Quests alone in city without any fighting took me like 8 hours and i still have few to do.

I am sure though that game can be finished pretty fast much like 2077 if you only care about main quest.
Game is pure sex. Give us some hardcore difficulty settings and we got the Game of the Generation on our hands. Do it Crapcom, you limp dick fuckaroonies.

Game is definitely on easier side, though it is not like i didn't die few times. I think the issue is that 4 people party is too much for mostly 5-6 enemy groups. Imho it would be nice challenge if you just go with your own pawn and nothing else. I will do that on my second playtrough.

Speaking of which pure sex. Warrior vocation is pure sex. Easily the best two hander class in any arpg bar none. IT reminds me a lot of Monster Hunter GS but even with more weight behind every swing and even more deliberate tactical attacks. The difference between overhead smash and sweep might be stunlock and death.
It is really fantastic.

Which skills are you rolling with warrior?

Shrimp

Arbiter
I think I've been underestimating the impact the wet/drenched status effect can have. I fought a chimera while it was raining and just from getting attacked by simple ice spells from a mage it spent like 80% of the fight being frozen solid.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Ninja Gaiden Black/Sigma
You know how many enemies, aside from bosses, the game approximately has?
Around 40 give or take
Of that roster, you know how many of them are actually well designed and cool to fight?
The vigoor police, the ninjas, the shadow fiends and the cat girl fiends
The remaining enemies are either mediocre or annoying dogshit
But when the game mixes these different type of enemies in groups, the fights get more interesting.

Barbarian

Arcane
I know it is spoilery to ask, but does helping the game's factions have any effect late game? Pawns keep yapping about "allies" and "future support" when I do these quests.

Also this pawn sickness they constantly mention- which eventually turns the pawns against the arisen.

Carceri

Arcane
Fucking hell. The first one who wants to get into my pants is...

...fucking male elf.

Literally gayelf.jpg
I spent my time in a different part of the town

20240327140725-1.jpg

Dyet

Novice
Also this pawn sickness they constantly mention- which eventually turns the pawns against the arisen.
Watch your pawns' behavior and eyes and brine them if you notice anything strange, or else something really annoying is going to happen to you.

Renfri

Cipher
Pawns have really good situational awareness, I just literally paid fee and sat on Oxcart, then they start telling how convenient Oxcarts are for travel. Thanks boys.

Perkel

Arcane
My pawn caught me when harpy took off with me and dropped me. The hilarious part here is that i am roleplaying 2,1m conan and my partner is like 1,6m woman mage.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
My pawn caught me when harpy took off with me and dropped me. The hilarious part here is that i am roleplaying 2,1m conan and my partner is like 1,6m woman mage.

Not something you can really rely on, but it's nice when it happens. I don't think size affects your throwing ability either, every bozo can throw the big boulders for exactly the same distance.

Reinhardt

Arcane
guess wilhelmina really accepts all kinds of stuff up her butt

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom