Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview “It's more like a Tarantino approach": Cyberpunk 2077 Interview at IGN

racofer

Thread Incliner
So the game is going to be focused on the main character and his/her problems, such as which clothing should him/her pick and how the world will react to these meaningful choices.

MasPingon

Arcane
CDPR said:
Hey, we are making this new crpg game Cyberpunk 2077. Except it's not really an rpg, cause we think rpg cannot into computer games.

Buying rights for Cyberpunk, ripping off it's mechanics and making a third person shooter seems completely rational to me. That's why we have so much faith in you here, CDPR. Keep up the good work.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Mein gott, the hate train is picking up speed already?

Ok, before I get stoned I'd like to point out two things about this game I find mighty refreshing:
1. It's gonna be a mature sci-fi RPG and we haven't got one of those for a loooong time (Star Wars isn't mature, Mass Effect isn't an RPG and don't get me started on F3).
2. "The story will be low-level. We are not going to save the world, or even save a city." - Thank you Jesus and mother Mary, that's all I got to say.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Mein gott, the hate train is picking up speed already?
In before potatoes.
Ok, before I get stoned I'd like to point out two things about this game I find mighty refreshing:
1. It's gonna be a mature sci-fi RPG and we haven't got one of those for a loooong time (Star Wars isn't mature, Mass Effect isn't an RPG and don't get me started on F3).
Cyber boobs are mature, LOL.
Oh wait...
1. It's gonna be a mature sci-fi RPG and we haven't got one of those for a loooong time (Star Wars isn't mature and Mass Effect isn't an RPG).

You realize what you just implied right there, don't you?

2. "The story will be low-level. We are not going to save the world, or even save a city." - Thank you Jesus and mother Mary, that's all I got to say.
This cheap way to get KKK has gone stale, yeah, yeah, no more high fantasy, no more saving the world, like there aren't RPGs subverting the trope or ignoring it altogether.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Since I already have a new turn-based cyberpunk RPG to play, I look forward to this one doing something different. :cool:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It is true that the rise of Kickstarter gives us Codexers an opportunity to actually enjoy popamole games for what they are, rather than wishing they could be real RPGs.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
STAR WARS IS NOT SCI-FI.
:shrugs: Don't give a shit about SW either way.

Cyber boobs are mature, LOL.
:roll:

This cheap way to get KKK has gone stale, yeah, yeah, no more high fantasy, no more saving the world, like there aren't RPGs subverting the trope or ignoring it altogether.

You're being silly now, I just cannot stand the "saving the world" plotline anymore. Read/seen/played way too many of those in my lifetime. Besides, entering the lions den and NOT signaling outright hate from the start - way to get some juicy KKK, right?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Tarantino approach? So all style and little substance? At least it works for Tarantino, except when he tries to put more substance in …

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Since I already have a new turn-based cyberpunk RPG to play, I look forward to this one doing something different. :cool:
Like not being an RPG at all.

Wait that's not original at all.
Using the Josh Sawyer definition, a RPG is any game that allows you to define your character's personality and change the outcome of the story through that expression. They literally said this is a thing you can do, so boom, RPG.

~RAGING BONER~

Learned
I don't mind the direction they are taking it, after all it makes sense if you want that Skyrim/Call of Doody $$$; no one besides the miniscule and financially insignificant minority would even bother playing a turn based game these days...but going the shooter route and showing disdain for dice rolls and other rpg mechanics in favor of more 'splosions is somewhat disappointing.

I think they could have gone the Witcher 1 route with this game; polishing the mechanics while still retaining its more action oriented theme.

Kz3r0

Arcane
You're being silly now, I just cannot stand the "saving the world" plotline anymore. Read/seen/played way too many of those in my lifetime. Besides, entering the lions den and NOT signaling outright hate from the start - way to get some juicy KKK, right?
I am getting tired of people tired of old tropes, it's simple like that, enjoy your mature grim dark individualistic sci-fi corridor shooter.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
“The main problem is that the original system is based on dice rolls. When you think about Cyberpunk you think about shooting, action, a lot of explosions. But that doesn’t fit dice rolls in a video game. We want to make it more action-like – there will be a system that lets you use active skills actually in the gameplay in a shooting sequence or something like that, rather than just passive skills like in the books.”

GEE GEE

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
“The main problem is that the original system is based on dice rolls. When you think about Cyberpunk you think about shooting, action, a lot of explosions. But that doesn’t fit dice rolls in a video game. We want to make it more action-like – there will be a system that lets you use active skills actually in the gameplay in a shooting sequence or something like that, rather than just passive skills like in the books.”

GEE GEE

Ya'll act as if you were actually secretly holding your breath for this game to be TB.
Seriously? It's a triple A game, most likely multiplatform, is anyone really surprised, shocked and shaken by the potato guy saying there'll be action?
What's the point of shitting furiously on a game that never pretended to be anything but a toilet?
Besides, we've got heaps of fantastic old-school RPGs and strategy games incoming this year and the next. It's not like popamole is all we get to play like we used to.

Honestly, all this posturing is getting old fast.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
You're being silly now, I just cannot stand the "saving the world" plotline anymore.

Can't stand saving the world plotline anymore, praises Mass Effect for it's mature story. CDPR target audience

You're just a poor clueless dumbfuck, are you?
Mass Effect main plotline is ripped straight from Frederick Pohl's Gateway which is one of the most brilliant sci-fi novels ever written.

Tried to fit in, shat in his mouth.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom