Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder ✡️✡️POLL!; Is Pathfinder: Kucmaker really this bad?(´ರೃ益ರೃ`)

Is Pathfinder: Kucmaker not good?

• Yes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The decisions AFFECT things. Would you accept a necromancer undead workers? If yes, the population will not like but you will speed up the progress. Gain more ARCANE points but lose points in community since people will not like
Numbers on a spreadsheet man. Just make em bigger. Then at most a different ending slide. Not really much to it.

Most decisions are pointless however, some of the decisions aren't. For eg, you need high ARCANE if you plan to play as a wizard, so your merchants can sell more powerful scrolls. Having golems in your capital cuz you researched it is also amazing.

I prefer deal with a more local, like a citadel or a fort, instead of manage an entire kingdom, but that is just my opinion...

You cant be king and adventurer but you could be baron of small keep and do such stuff while appointing competent steward and then spend your life doing adventuring for your Liege or Knight Order but if you really want to rule you would be busy 24/7 doing statecraft and touring your vassals, even hunting back then was done to train yourself for war and gather salted meat for armies. This game would be much better if the gnome got baron title (the place is really at least county side btw) and thus needed to do the boring administration stuff. The quests, exploration, fights and so on are really fun you still can fail if your dumb ass companion fail to many checks which is in Commissar opinion really bad choice on Developers part.

90% of people who hate KM do so from word of mouth from people who never bothered to try to figure it out.

That is why Porky is here. Not only has he tried it out, but he hath completed it on Challenging difficulty (unlike certain Codex mods with phylacteries and certain Codex reviewers, not gonna name any names), just so he could wreck thy argument.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Watch the whole video before commenting.

I see a retarded man that should be arrested for eco-terrorism. Imagine the wasted power consumption to play a game without capping the fps, where for the most time you are watching a static image or reading text.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
The decisions AFFECT things. Would you accept a necromancer undead workers? If yes, the population will not like but you will speed up the progress. Gain more ARCANE points but lose points in community since people will not like
Numbers on a spreadsheet man. Just make em bigger. Then at most a different ending slide. Not really much to it.

Most decisions are pointless however, some of the decisions aren't. For eg, you need high ARCANE if you plan to play as a wizard, so your merchants can sell more powerful scrolls. Having golems in your capital cuz you researched it is also amazing.

I prefer deal with a more local, like a citadel or a fort, instead of manage an entire kingdom, but that is just my opinion...

You cant be king and adventurer but you could be baron of small keep and do such stuff while appointing competent steward and then spend your life doing adventuring for your Liege or Knight Order but if you really want to rule you would be busy 24/7 doing statecraft and touring your vassals, even hunting back then was done to train yourself for war and gather salted meat for armies. This game would be much better if the gnome got baron title (the place is really at least county side btw) and thus needed to do the boring administration stuff. The quests, exploration, fights and so on are really fun you still can fail if your dumb ass companion fail to many checks which is in Commissar opinion really bad choice on Developers part.

You cannot fail from missing checks, only neglecting the main quests.

KM is 95% carrot, 5% stick, and easy stick at that.

FriendlyMerchant

Watch the whole video before commenting.

I see a retarded man that should be arrested for eco-terrorism. Imagine the wasted power consumption to play a game without capping the fps, where for the most time you are watching a static image or reading text.

I like to read my ebooks at 200 fps or greater thank you.

Sarathiour

Cipher

Not sure about that, you could technically fail the quest where you need mushroom for the witches with too many failed hunting check ( but the dlc with the twin fix that), and maybe cleve's quest too.

Sarathiour

Cipher
That is why Porky is here. Not only has he tried it out, but he hath completed it on Challenging difficulty (unlike certain Codex mods with phylacteries and certain Codex reviewers, not gonna name any names), just so he could wreck thy argument.

I fail to this the point. I also finished it in challenging, with questionnable build and obvious mistake, also without overbuffing myself for every encounter.

I think it already been said a thousand time, but pathfinder system can be very clunky, espcially for a team of 6 adventurer, even more at high level, but it's also very merciful of bad build. You have to try really hard to make a shit character.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Not sure about that, you could technically fail the quest where you need mushroom for the witches with too many failed hunting check ( but the dlc with the twin fix that), and maybe cleve's quest too.

The mushrooms for the witch is a side quest with minimal reward. Cleve's quest (another side quest) has a better reward for not completing it than for completing it.

Neither has anything to do with KM.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom