Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Mage Knight Apocalypse Q&A at TVG

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Bandai Namco Entertainment; Mage Knight: Apocalypse

<a href=http://www.totalvideogames.com>TVG</a> has posted a very informative 5-page <a href=http://www.namco.com/games/mkapocalypse>Mage Knight Apocalypse</a> <a href=http://www.totalvideogames.com/articles/Mage_Knight_Apocalypse_Q&A_Feature_8769_5219_0_0_0_0_20.htm>interview</a>. It turns out the game is being developed by a Taiwanese team and that tells you right here that the publisher is very concerned about quality of the game.
<br>

<br>
<blockquote>The pace of the game is akin to games like Diablo and our top goal was to make a serious RPG and strip away all the things that slow you down. ... the main focus of the game is getting you out there to tear through hordes of enemies and take down big bosses...</blockquote>Soon RPGs would evolve into fighting games, and we would be back from where we started.
<br>

<br>
<blockquote>With the skill system, we really like the notion that you develop your character over time and the choices you make determine how your character plays. We removed the layer seen in previous action RPGs whereby you distribute points to various statistics and abilities and came up with a more natural progression. <u>We call it ACD, or adaptive character development, and it basically means that what you do defines what you will become.</u> If you swing a heavy sword a lot we will reward you with more strength and stamina as well as more advanced sword proficiencies and abilities. If you cast a lot of fire spells we will grant you better mana regeneration and more powerful fire skills. We start the player with a broad range of abilities, and depending on which ones the player focuses on, they will begin to develop that skill tree and become more proficient in that discipline.</blockquote>Why don't you call it DSR, or Dungeon Siege Rip-Off? Just a thought.
<br>

<br>

<br>

Spazmo

Erudite
ACD? Is that what you get when you cross ADD with OCD? Sounds like a pretty solid summation of action RPGs to me.

Chefe

Erudite
Soon RPGs would evolve into fighting games

Shoryuken!

We call it ACD, or adaptive character development, and it basically means that what you do defines what you will become. If you swing a heavy sword a lot we will reward you with more strength and stamina as well as more advanced sword proficiencies and abilities. If you cast a lot of fire spells we will grant you better mana regeneration and more powerful fire skills.

HOLY FUCKING MOTHER OF CHRIST ALLMIGHTY! I've never seen anything like THAT before! Talk about the innovation! Astounding!

Drakron

Arcane
I just send a angry letter to China president complaining about they taking too damn long to invade Taiwan

ExMonk

Scholar
Chefe said:
HOLY FUCKING MOTHER OF CHRIST ALLMIGHTY! I've never seen anything like THAT before! Talk about the innovation! Astounding!

Chefe, as a Christian, I find this to be highly offensive. Seriously.

Micmu

Magister
I find "...to make a serious RPG and strip away all the things that slow you down" (no "action" there) highly offensive.
And funny at the same time. :)

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
ExMonk said:
Chefe said:

Well, then I would probably stop going to most gaming forums altogether. Heck, if I were you, I'd just totally get off the internet. Lots of offensive stuff on there, you know. :roll:

Drakron

Arcane
Offensive?

In RPG Codex?

SOMEONE CALL THE MODS!!!!

(oh, wait there are none)

Section8

Cipher
It's okay to be offended, but what do we gain from hearing about it? Don't try to change Chefe in some foolishly arrogant bid to recreate the world in your own image.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
ExMonk said:
Chefe said:

Hey, I'm a Christian, too but so what? Get over it. He made a somewhat blashpemous remark, it's not like it shook the foundation of our faith or something. If you can't handle typed blashphemy, on the internet I might add, then you probably shouldn't go out that much. There's a lot of worse stuff out there you could be complaining about or GASP! Going out and fixing it.

Stop being a whiny Christian and be an active one and do things that better a community. I doubt complaining on an internet forum, especially this one, will do much.

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
As a Christian, take comfort in the fact that Chefe will be mercilessly tortured in hell. And Saint Thomas Aquinas says its okay to laugh at him while you watch him writhe in agony. :P

Twinfalls

Erudite
Holy Fucking Mother of Allah, this game is evil. Seriously, this piece of shit deserves to fucking die. Evil bastards are making this game COMPLETELY from a marketing ethos. Dumbed-down, check. Thong-clad-babez, check. Codex stop reporting on this motherfucker, it's clearly not an RPG. The game content is the equivalent of an advertisement.

Chefe

Erudite
ExMonk said:

I'm a Buddhist, bitch. I insult whatever god I want to.

ExMonk

Scholar
Chefe said:
ExMonk said:

I'm a Buddhist, bitch. I insult whatever god I want to.

Oooh. A real tough guy. But stands to reason. Overcompensating is a requirement with a tough guy name like "Chefe."

Chefe

Erudite
Tell me, how can an omnipotent god who cannot do evil create evil? I've always been interested to know.

Also, while you're at it, how can an all-knowing god create dumbfucks like yourself?

Twinfalls

Erudite
untitled7pb.png

Section8

Cipher
Don't forget my favourite Southpark quote - "You can suck all the dick you like, and still be a virgin... Mary!"

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Chefe said:
Tell me, how can an omnipotent god who cannot do evil create evil? I've always been interested to know.

[Daniel Jackson]Free will.[/Daniel Jackson]

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom