Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear available for pre-order, coming March 31st

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Amber Scott; Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear; Beamdog

Beamdog have announced that their upcoming Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear expansion is now available for pre-order from Beamdog's website, with a release date of March 31, 2016. Amber Scott excitedly explains in the latest post on the Beamblog:

The time is nigh. Soon, the Siege begins!

I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am to finally share this news. Imagine how excited a single person can be and then multiply it by SIX. We’re taking pre-orders on the Siege of Dragonspear site right now for Siege of Dragonspear. Yes, NOW. But that’s not all. Oh, no, there’s much more goodness to be had.

Right now you can pre-order Siege (or Siege plus Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition if you don’t own it on Beamdog already). OR you can pre-order the Siege of Dragonspear Digital Deluxe Edition, which comes with the soundtracks for Baldur’s Gate, Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, and Siege of Dragonspear all in mp3 and FLAC format.

Or…

YOU CAN ORDER THE COLLECTOR’S EDITION.
WE HAVE A COLLECTOR’S EDITION.

Ahem. Sorry, got a little carried away there.

The Collector’s Edition includes the Digital Deluxe content and so much more. I mean, look at this thing.

Snazzy dice! Manuals you can hold in your actual human* hands! Collectible coin! Dragonspear amulet! We’re over the moon that we’re able to offer this amazing box set for our fans, and we hope you are too.

Important details: Siege of Dragonspear is a Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition expansion; to play it you must have the base Enhanced Edition game. Our pre-orders are for the version releasing on beamdog.com, so if you don’t have Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition on beamdog.com, you’ll have to purchase it there as well. Your game (and soundtracks, if you pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe or Collector's Edition) will be available to download on March 31, 2016.
A look at the Beamdog store reveals that the expansion's fancy physical Collector's Edition costs a whopping $130, the Digital Deluxe edition is priced at $40, and the standard edition is $20. Note that both the latter two don't include the $20 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition base game, which makes the pricing of the Digital Deluxe edition seem a bit weird, if you ask me. Anyway, Beamdog are going to be doing another Siege of Dragonspear demonstration on Twitch today, so stay tuned.

I haven't been tracking this game at all and looking at the screenshots now, I'll take a moment to marvel at what had been accomplished in 15 years since the last Baldur's Gate game; the fuck is this blurry and pixelated mess? How did they manage to make it look so much worse than the original games?

Tao

Savant
So i can`t buy this alone, i can't buy this if i have the GoG/Steam version, and the minimun price is about 40$... Did i read wrong? What a way to shoot youserlf in the foot imo.

I was going to give it a chance day one, now i`ll wait.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So i can`t buy this alone, i can't buy this if i have the GoG/Steam version, and the minimun price is about 40$... Did i read wrong? What a way to shoot youserlf in the foot imo.

It'll be available on Steam on day one. This is a pre-order.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A look at the Beamdog store reveals that the expansion's fancy physical Collector's Edition costs a whopping $130, the Digital Deluxe edition is priced at $40, and the standard edition is $20. Note that the latter two don't include the $20 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition base game, which makes the pricing of the Digital Deluxe edition seem a bit weird. It's also worth noting that the Collector's Edition is the only one that comes with a Steam key.

They're also charging $20 shipping!!
:x

Tao

Savant

But i still need the BG:EE?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

But i still need the BG:EE?

Yes, hopefully it will be on sale.

(but I expect they want to try to make as much money as possible and it won't be 75% off as it has been in the past)

FeelTheRads

Arcane
A look at the Beamdog store reveals that the expansion's fancy physical Collector's Edition costs a whopping $130, the Digital Deluxe edition is priced at $40, and the standard edition is $20. Note that the latter two don't include the $20 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition base game, which makes the pricing of the Digital Deluxe edition seem a bit weird. It's also worth noting that the Collector's Edition is the only one that comes with a Steam key.

They're also charging $20 shipping!!
:x

lulz it's $45 to ship to Europe.

Good luck with that, Scroogedog.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
$130 + shipping. Uh, thanks, but no, thanks.

I am however hopeful that SoD might have a physical release here in Potatoland, like BG:EE had. For a fraction of the $$ cost too.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7219

Their pricing does seem quite retarded. It's usually a given that you get some kind of discount bundle that includes the main and its expansion. I'm interested to see if the writing in this is as good as MCA says it is, but I'm not keen on spending full price on both this and the original BG, which is a bit of a turd.

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
Will wait for release and then i will decide if i will play it. Need to watch more lets plays first, but i would not lie - nostalgia fag is strong in me:dealwithit:

sstacks

Arcane
Everyone's griping and then there will be a total feeding frenzy when it releases. I love the Codex :P

Shin

Cipher
So did they get a bunch of the original voice actors for this? Is Edwin in it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom