Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Battle Brothers - Beasts & Exploration DLC Announced

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Battle Brothers; Battle Brothers - Beasts & Exploration; Overhype Studios

Overhype Studios announced an upcoming Beasts & Exploration DLC for Battle Brothers on their developer blog.

We’re very excited to announce that we’re working on a full-sized DLC for Battle Brothers. Yes, you heard that right – there’s going to be a real and meaty expansion with fresh content coming for that game that you like. The name of the upcoming DLC is going to be ‘Beasts & Exploration’.

That’s a pretty telling name, and as it suggests, the focus of the DLC will be on introducing new beast opponents in order to bring more variety to every stage of the game, and to make exploring the world more interesting and rewarding. But that’s not all!

Here’s the list of major features you can expect:
  • A variety of challenging new beasts populating different parts of the wilds. Each with unique mechanics and loot.
  • A bigger world to explore, full of unique hidden locations throughout that offer new possibilities and rewards to the daring adventurer.
  • Trophies from slain beasts that can be crafted into charms, potions and other items to customize the look of your hardened mercenaries and benefit them in combat.
  • New contracts that have you engage in profitable beast hunting, exploration and more.
  • New weapons, tools, shields, and armor to equip your men with.
  • New paint items that can be used to paint shields and helmets in the colors of your company.
  • Lots of new events.
  • New music tracks.
In addition to these major features, the DLC will also include countless smaller additions. Just like in the past, all the major points and most of the minor ones will be explained in detail in future dev blogs as we go along, so you’ll always know what we’re working on and why. We expect to be working on this for several months and will announce a release date and final feature list once we’re closer to the finish line. We’re also making good progress on our new game, and will continue to work on it in parallel.

Alongside the DLC, which will not be free, the game will also receive a sizable free update. This update will contain a whole bunch of improvements and balancing changes, as well as some minor content additions.​

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was one of those guys who thought the devs were complete imbeciles for abandoning such a gold mine as "BB".
Battle Brothers is one of those rare games that can be regularly improved in order to become one of the best strategy games ever.

Glad to see someone put some sense back into their heads.

giphy.gif

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hell yeah! Such a great game so with an extra coat of polish and bit more depth it will be the masterpiece it deserves to be, truly one of the best Rogue likes I have ever played

Murk

Arcane
Excellent. They just need to make an 'evil playthrough' a real thing now. I will enslave the world through necromancy yet.

Bocian

Arcane
Not expanding this game would have been a big shame.
Too bad that looking at the list of changes, there's basically "more of the same": a few more weapons, armors, contracts, music pieces. I don't know how a new sword or two will bring new life to a game we all managed to finish and get bored with already.

Zeriel

Arcane
I really hope they do something with reputation. It's pretty weird having stuff prominently in the UI with tooltips that is a stub feature from early access that was cut, without any communication about that being the case in game.

Cadmus

Arcane
I might reinstall the game if the expansion is what they promise it to be.
I also don't understand why they left the game feeling so bare-bones. There's so much potential... I guess that was covered in the autism thread about BB though.

Emily

Arcane
I am honestly a bit disappointed by what they wrote about changing the game. I loved the game but i feel like adding new shit is prob not the way to go, but rather focusing more on factions,overhauling game systems, adding new mercenary classes(different skill treas) and maybe even making your own fort/rising to a lower noble.
Still tho hopeful and is a def buy from me, the original game is pretty much barebones so anything that they add is very much needed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom